Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Twinkling Lights Projector Mobile
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on January 2, 2015
I purchased this mobile at babies r us (why? Cuz it's way cheaper there!) I love this mobile. I had purchased a different one at first (a different fisher price one with a blue canopy and frills on it with a cartoon animal projector). I didn't like anything about it once I got it home. This one however is very cute. The 3 hanging animals move up and down slowly and the inner lights fade on and off (quite soothing). The bees in the center turn in a circle. The music is pleasant. The star projector is nice as well. The stars will only turn on if the mobile animals are turned off. Not an issue for me. My son loves this mobile and can turn it on himself by hitting a red button on the face of it when he wakes up in the morning. It keeps him entertained. I've posted a couple pics as well. One to show the babies view and one to show mommas view.

So, after having the item for a few weeks it fell short. It's a real battery sucker and the motor started to make a grinding sound. It became unusable after only 3 weeks. I returned it. So bummed cuz my son and I really loved it!
review image review image
on January 21, 2012
I love the cute animals that light up and seem to enchant my 2 month old. This is nice EXCEPT sometimes she is very tired until she sees the lights and wakes up more to watch longer. It also only plays music for 9 MINUTES at a time. If she isn't asleep by then, she cries until it's turned back on so I have to make sure i'm checking it or staying in the room. The songs are nice...not annoying. It's easy to remove and attach so I can move it around the crib. The projection is not able to be on at the same time as the mobile, so I am not using it yet. Also, the base that attaches to the crib is just a picture of animals. It doesn't light up or anything, so that doesn't seem like it will hold the interest of a baby for very long. I am happy with this mobile and I would buy it again. I just would like the sounds to last a little longer.
on August 17, 2011
The mobile and animals are great, they light up and they're just nice. The sound quality is nice and selection of music is as well (I've had items meant to put baby to sleep and they're obnoxiously loud or upbeat music). However, the projection part is poor and has to be right next to the wall to be somewhat decent, and the "soother" part that goes in the crib is just a plain picture that doesn't light up or move. The attachment to the crib is also a little wobbily and doesn't seem to secure real well. I really liked the idea of it but was dissapointed in everything but the mobile and sound, and the price is just high for this item, maybe it will drop after it's been out for a few months.
on August 26, 2013
This mobile is great and really does entertain the baby with the lights and movement. The one drawback to the one we received is the red unit does not seem to light as well as the others do. It ocassionally works as expected, but more often the not it simply light a the onset and then dims, never to be seen again....

With the exception of the red unit the mobile is very entertaining and effective.
on April 6, 2014
This was such a great buy, I wish we would he had it from the time my son first went in the crib. The little animals that light up are so soothing and relaxing. I love the songs...I've got them memorized so I know when the last song is coming up so I can position myself in the right place to lay the baby down at the end. My son loves it too. He is now 1 yr so we took off the animals but he can still hit the buttons to start the music up which he often does to soothe himself when he wakes up. He will listen to it for the 15 or so mins it runs and then maybe if we are lucky, hit it again. I will say I wish the remote worked infrared because many times I wished I could have turned it back on without my son seeing me..but you have to be pretty close to the machine for the remote to work. Of all the mobiles, this to me, was the cutest and also had all the features I wanted... Stars on the ceiling, light up animals.....cute cute cute.
on November 28, 2015
Terrible product. The body itself works fine but we had issues with the arm that has all the attachments. The unit would stop lighting up and the arms wouldn't spin like it should. I do not recommend buying this product. Not worth the frustration and more importantly, walking your child with an awful clicking noise.
on October 24, 2011
What the other reviewers say is true - the animals don't spin, the soother is just a picture, and the star projection isn't quite as wonderful as I hoped.

However, this is really a beautiful mobile. I purchased it because my baby loves to look at lights, and the animals are like little lanterns. The lights slowly go off and on to hold baby's interest, and the animals move slowly up and down while the bees at the center slowly rotate. I actually thought it was broken at first because I expected it to rotate, but then I noticed the up-and-down movement. Baby didn't seem to mind when I put him under it.

I was a bit disappointed in the music - some of the other mobiles I looked at had classical music choices, and this one doesn't. If it played classical music, I'd give it five stars. However, the arrangements of the songs it plays are nice, and the sound is decent. I didn't buy it for the music, though; I bought it purely for how pretty it is and for the lights. On those two counts, it does not dissapoint.

Another reviewer mentioned it didn't seem secure - I disagree. I have an older-style crib with round rails, so I was concerned it would be wobbly, but I was able to tighten the strap enough so that it doesn't budge. It also has a tie at the bottom to anchor to the vertical slats.

After we've used it awhile, I will come back and edit this review if baby is not as impressed as I am. I wasn't impressed with the price, so I really hope this helps baby's bedtime routine to make up for it.
on February 26, 2015
Final review - April 2015
I started out giving this product 5 stars. It was fantastic! Well 2 replacement mobiles later, it's down to 2 stars. I really wish it worked (both mobiles just stop working, and there's a horrible clicking sound as it seems to be catching on something. So now I've purchased the precious planet mobile. We'll see if that works better.

So buyer beware - something is wrong with this mobile or the lot that amazon has.
*************************************************
April 2015 - I originally purchased this mobile a couple months ago. It was great until about 2 weeks ago when it started to run more slowly, almost like the batteries were dying. Well, the batteries weren't dying, but the mobile was. Fortunately, it was still w/in the return period with amazon. The new one is great. I've only taken 1 star off because it's a great mobile and I'm hopeful it was a one-time issue. And let's face it - amazon is a great company. They stood behind the issue. Now, if it hadn't been within the return period, I can assure you my rating would reflect that. I will give the product the benefit of the doubt. If this one fails as well, I will update the review!

****************************************************
I really like this mobile for my daughter's crib. Here's my summary:

Wide crib rails: we have the Pali Lucca crib and the rails are wide with a sizable 'lip' all the way around on both the outside of the rail and inside, talk about challenging trying to figure out which mobile would work! This mobile definitively works, even over a fabric teething rail guard. It does not look messy at all. So if you have a wider rail, give this one a try! This was the key factor in our decision to purchase this model.

Soothing lights: baby girl loves how the animal faces light up, kind of like floating lanterns. These animal faces do not move in a circle, the move up and down, like floating lanterns. It's very peaceful. There are bees in the center which don't light up and those move in a circle. The light show on the ceiling...meh, kind of a bust, but I didn't buy it for the star light show. The stars are blurry on the ceiling.

Music: the music is very sweet. It's not those annoying nursery rhyme, high-pitched tunes I often hear. It has 2 volume settings.

Remote control: this is huge, which I didn't think I'd use at all. Now, fortunately/unfortunately, baby girl really likes looking at the mobile. So much so she sometimes doesn't go to sleep as she should - she's busy just checking it out. So when it stops, she cries a bit, I use the remote to play again and then by round 2 she's usually out. So I'm glad she likes it!

Base part (which hooks onto crib): I'm not a huge fan of cartoon type stuff. I find it tacky and cheesy. That's my biggest gripe with this mobile. The base part. I've gotten over it but it doesn't really go with the decor of my nursery, again, the rest of the mobile is really sweet!
on July 31, 2015
Great mobile for night time. Adjustable music, turns off quietly, lights can be turned on and off individually, peaceful. Great for cribs. The only problem is the star projection isn't clear on a regular height crib to a regular height ceiling. But otherwise it's great!
I didn't know this until it was here though that the lit up part doesn't actually spin around. It just bobs up and down which I guess makes sense for wiring. The inner part does spin but that part isn't lit. Overally it's not a big deal. It's still mesmerizing.
on May 20, 2014
We went to many baby stores and looked for a mobile that would match our animal themed nursery. This seemed perfect. We are still waiting for the baby so we don't know if he will like it but I don't see why he wouldn't. The big animals light up and move up and down while the three little bees in the middle spin around. The animals light up at different times. For about a month now we have been turning it on to try it and it looks beautiful and it keeps working. We also like that there are different songs and everything is set up for the point of view from the crib. We looked at other mobiles that had animals and from the bottom you could only see the edges. With this one the faces of the animals are actually facing where the baby will be. We hope the baby likes it as much as the parents! EDIT: Toddler is 17 months old and we removed the mobile part but kept the music. He pushed the button himself and falls asleep. It makes bedtime very easy.