Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

I just got this phone on Thursday 5/12 and have had a couple days to tinker with it and see what it's capable of.

Pros: Sound quality is great. I can listen to my favorite internet radio stations, podcasts, videos, audiobooks, or personal music and the speakers are amazing! Camera is a whopping (to me, at least) 8MP and takes stunning pictures. I mean my standalone digital camera is only a 6MP so guess what is going to get used more lol? Weight is good. Feels good in the hand, maybe a little lighter than I'm used to but I was using the Tmobile G2 which is a hefty phone anyway. No physical keyboard on this phone which to me is a bonus because now I don't have to worry about the keyboard sliding open in my pocket all the time or a random hinge breaking off and making the keyboard useless. I use the virtual keyboard more anyway. It's very responsive but I'm not wild about the way it predicts words. You can select the word it thinks you want but then it doesn't automatically add a space. Maybe it's a setting I haven't discovered yet:/ Not a deal breaker though because the keyboard is great and I really enjoy just unlocking the screen and tapping away. It has this setting called Scenes which I think is pretty cool. There are individually preselected collections of app arrangements based on what HTC thinks you will be using the phone for. There are Social, Travel, Work, Verizon (or whatever carrier you use), HTC, and Play. I really like the Social because it has all the social elements on it like Friend Feed (FB, Twitter, etc.) plus your IM and SMS widgets. It will also place your mail apps and a couple other ones there too. All are customizable and the phone will save the screens you've made! THAT is a bonus to me. Processor is lightning quick and you can multitask. If you're like me, you're on the phone with someone and trying to look up something on the net at the same time. This phone will handle it. Battery life is decent considering the phone has background apps running and regular updating of same. I usually get a full day out of the battery (about 12 hours) and it will be down to 40%

Now for the cons: the phone case. Feels a little cheap and plasticky. I didn't even own the phone 12 hours and the case got a scratch on it just from me taking the back off to insert the battery. I didn't think I was that rough with it; I take care of my gadgets given all they do for me. So, if you get this phone go right ahead and get a case for it at the same time. A case will add some heft to this light phone and will give it some protection as well. This phone is not a 4G phone which might be an issue for some people but I don't want a 4G phone because it will just hog my battery life. 3G is plenty for me and what I do with my phone. That being said, I wish this phone had a way to turn off the 3G when you want to conserve battery but still get your mail, texts, and phone calls. Unfortunately there is only Airplane Mode which forces you to shut down all connections. Needs a happy medium.

Overall? I love the phone. It does what I want it to do, when I want it to. It's quick and looks great, it's easy to use, and fits in my pocket. I would recommend this phone to anyone who was looking for a new device.
on May 6, 2011
Pros:
simple and classic look and feel.
new model(not like iPhone where you find everywhere)
bottom home keys rotate on fly when switched to landscape view
smooth UI(during selection and sliding the options)
comes with verizon(no more reception issues like a**)
sync with gmail is very helpful(for gmail users)
8MP cam(w/1.3mp ff cam),16GB,International roaming,Flash Player,blah blah...
$$ price $$ - compared to iphone or atrix..no more spending hundreds on phones

Cons:
* to unlock the screenlock you need to press the power button every time (which is not handy)
skype/gtalk video calls not available yet.(should expect with 2.3 OS version)
on July 5, 2013
I bought this phone to replace my Droid X2. I loved that phone alot. But after about 18 months of use, that phone had finally died off. I will start off by saying when doing this review, you do have to take in consideration that this phone has been out over 2 years now, so it will have some disadvantages.

That being said there are both really good and bad aspects of this phone.

One of my favorite features is the speaker phone mode; while on a phone call if set the phone face down, it will automatically switch to speaker phone. This comes in handy while driving and i use this everyday.

Another feature i enjoy is the menus option. There are four options to choose from when displaying apps. "All Apps, Frequent, Downloaded & Verizon" I keep my phone set on the "Frequent" setting. It will display your 16 most used apps.

The call quality on this phone is actually decent to good. In comparsion to my driod x2 people can hear me alot better. And i tend to be able to hear better.

The HTC Sense User Interface is great too. I love the little weather widget. Whatever the weather is the phone screen will actually display that. Meaning when its raining the phone shows rain and wiper blades wipe it away. Really cool Feature.

While the phone has some good aspects, there are also some not so great factors.

The battery life, like most smart phones, isnt that great. But in comparison to my droid x2, this battery life really blows. If you barely use your phone, you will not notice a problem. Moe than about 3 hours a day, and youll be running low. The charge time also takes atleast 4 hours for me.

Another problem, i encounter is that phone will freeze up more and moore with time. Which isnt that uncommon, but like others have stated, the reboot time can be about five minutes and will use atleast 15% or more of your battery life.

The actual phone itself, i have noticed, isnt very durable. The first few times it dropped or fell, even just a little bit of distance then phone became deeply scratched and dented. Not exactly sure what its made from, but quality isnt a strong feature. I bought a snap on case for this phone and its helped abit.

For the starter to average user, this phone will do the job. Just dont expect wonders to be made while using it. Good sound quality, Great user interface and Verizon wireless coverage make this phone worth while.

_________________________________________________________________
its now 6months later. my phone is now dead. doesnt ring, wifi doesnt work, dead pixels and digitizer wiped. there are Better phones for the money.
on June 14, 2011
As others have said, if you value just the right size, longer battery life, then a 4" 3G is for you. I had this and the Thunderbolt in my hands and while there was some speed difference, it was not enough to worry about. Also I think the Thunderbolt is just "too big". I also notice that the screen is not as bright.

The main reason I went with HTC was because of HTC Sync. It does as advertised - which is syncing to a PC and Outlook. It syncs to my Outlook 2007. There were a couple of initial little glitches, but once corrected, it now works perfectly and my wife and I share calendars and contacts across Outlook, HTC and a Blackberry.

Love HTC Sense as well. Played side by side with my buddy's Motorola and he was wanting the HTC instead. Its just plain smoother and easier to operate.

Any cons? About the only one I have is that I wish the screen could be brighter. I use the Kindle app, and in bright sunlight it can be difficult to read, but not impossible. An itsy bit more bright would be good, but I understand that it would suck battery.

Other cons are about Android itself - I think it should be a requirement that app writers have an Exit function for every app. They get cluttered in memory and you can't rid them without "killing" them, which might render the phone unstable. So I reboot a few times a day. (Reminds me of Windows 3.1!). Thankfully that does not take long.

Overall excellent sound quality, phone quality, and feature packed. I recommend this phone highly.

July 11, 2011 - Update: i stand by the original review. Photos and videos are much better than I expected. I have found a couple of other "cons". I sometimes get a random reboot. It's not often enough to get concerned over *yet*. Hope that does not continue.

The other con was when we were far out on our camping trip, my wife's Blackberry clearly outperformed the I2 on signal strength. She would get a signal and I wouldn't, plain and simple as that. So if you live away from a cel tower, be sure you check out your phone to see if it gets reception. For me, its a minor flaw that the advantages of the phone far outweigh since it's only a few days a year this happens for me. (Jeez, what's the matter - can't stand to be disconnected? Talk about cel phone dependent, uh? LOL).
on December 23, 2011
I have had my Incredible 2 now for two and a half weeks, and if it can be a help to others, I'll share my experience here.

For those of you in the market for a new smartphone and are unsure of where to go amid the multitude of available options, I recommend you seriously consider the HTC Droid Incredible 2. As others have said before, it really is 'the phone for the masses'. The user experience is wonderful for both the novice and the expert, and you will find it can do something that so many phones out there cannot: it 'just works'.

And don't let the propaganda fool you, at this phase in the technology, 4G is not for everyone. When phones cannot keep up with the battery consumption required, and data outages on Verizon's network abound, it is obvious that the 4G technology is not yet ready for prime time. Unless you demand on-the-go video-streaming or frequent large-file transfers, 3G and local WiFi are more than sufficient. Why do you think Apple is waiting another year before it gives 4G to its trendsetting iPhone? From my own experience, the average user's web-browsing and overall phone experience whether on a 3G or a 4G phone is nearly indistinguishable.

Following is my review comparing the Samsung Droid Charge (a 4G phone) to the Incredible 2:

INTRODUCTION

My first three smart phones were made by Samsung. I had the Omnia for 2 years, the Fascinate for 2 months, and the Charge for 4 months. The Omnia was a decent phone for its day, and it pretty well did everything I asked it to. When it came time to upgrade this last May, I read all of the reviews and decided on the HTC Droid Incredible 2. "But wait, you didn't say anything but non-Samsung phones." That's right, I bought the Incredible 2 for $$$ on contract, and returned it the next day, paid the restocking fee, and got a Fascinate from Best Buy, because it was FREE. On paper it was basically the same phone, so that's a big savings, right? I still remember returning the Incredible 2 to the Verizon tech. "Anything wrong with the phone?" he asked. "Actually, there is nothing wrong with the phone, it works great," I replied. Famous last words; I just wanted to save a little green paper.

As many "Fascinate Refugees" here can attest to, the Samsung Fascinate was a nice-looking phone with one-too-many flaws. Just when you thought you had a work-around to make the phone livable, something else quit working. The issues were so rampant that Verizon and Samsung finally abandoned solving the problems and outright offered 3 different phone models to Fascinate owners: a Motorola Droid X2, an HTC Droid Incredible 2, or a Samsung Droid Charge.

I, among many, was intrigued by the prospect of receiving new, illustrious 4G phone capabilities as a free replacement for my lemon Fascinate. The Droid Charge was Verizon's flagship phone at the time, on sale for $$$ with contract, and besides this, it was branded with the Droid name. "Fascinate 1.5??" everyone asked. "No! Not with the Droid name on this one," they all said. "Samsung and Verizon will be sure have the bugs worked out of this phone, and release updates in a timely manner."

I am not writing this review to bash on the Droid Charge. In all fairness, it has been a decent phone. It makes phone calls and receives text messages, which the Fascinate had trouble with, so for that I was happy. But as much as I tried to love the phone, I could not. The feel, the functionality, the reliability... there was always something lacking. "But it's a 4G phone, isn't that great!" I would encourage myself. But I ended up always leaving 4G off so that my battery would last through the day. For me, the Droid Charge was a 3G phone.

After spending considerable time with an HTC Droid Incredible 2, I decided I wanted to try it for myself. I tried to get Verizon to replace my Charge with an Incredible 2, but after much effort the Verizon tech finally concluded that the system would not allow him to send me a 3G phone CLNR replacement phone for my 4G phone. I acquiesced and went on my own to find a barely-used Incredible 2 for which I paid cash.

I waited to post this review so that some of the honeymoon-time would wear off and I could be a little more objective. I have had the Incredible 2 for over 2 weeks now, so here are my thoughts:

FORM AND FEEL

The Inc 2 feels great in the hand. I have large hands (I can span 10 keys on the piano), and I feel that the size of the Inc 2 is excellent - a little larger than the iPhone, a little smaller than the Charge. It also has a nice rubberized coating that gives it a good tactile feel without a case, and the contoured battery door really makes it feel thinner in hand than it actually is.

SCREEN

I thought the SAMOLED+ screen was a must-have. I had read about the great color contrast, the dark, inky blacks they produce, and, after owning two phones with such a screen, I can say that those things are true. However, I will tell you what my experience has been with the Inc 2. I have [I]never[/I]--no, not once--missed the SAMOLED+ screen. The Inc 2 S-LCD screen at a 4.0"-size (as compared to 4.3" on the Charge) has the exact same resolution of 480x800, text is more crisp and readable, and colors are actually rendered correctly!

I like to show photos of my family to friends on my phone, and the over-saturated colors of the Charge always rendered pinkness on people's faces as red blotches. In a recent experiment with the Inc 2, Charge, Motorola Bionic, and Motorola X2, the Inc 2 consistently reproduced photo colors most accurately, followed by the other phones in that order.

As an added benefit, the LCD screen on the Inc 2 uses the same amount of battery whether you are looking at a screen with a dark background or a light background, as opposed to the OLED screens which require more battery to display lighter colors.

SPEED

One of the first things I noticed when I began using the Inc 2 is how [I]fast[/I] it is! Okay, you Charge owners will appreciate this: When you press that power button to turn on the screen, it is ON instantly. And it doesn't flash you with what's behind the lockscreen for a half-second like the Charge does at times, like, "Oh, don't look, I haven't put my lockscreen on yet!" And when you hit the power button to turn off the screen, there is no lag, it is instantly OFF.

The hardware of the Inc 2 and the Charge are very comparable, and both have a 1 GHz processor, although the Inc 2 does have 768 MB of RAM as compared to 512 in the Charge. I have a feeling there is more to it than just RAM, but the stock HTC Sense user interface of the Inc 2 just flies. There is no hesitation opening and closing apps and going from screen to screen, and only after I began downloading four or five apps from the Market at once did it begin slow a bit. In contrast, the Charge exhibits lag around every corner, and even the homescreens cannot operate smoothly without installing a custom launcher or ROM.

GPS

For me, a frequent traveler, Google Maps is one of my most-used apps that I refer to multiple times a day. Consequently, GPS performance is very important. Out of the 3 Samsung phones I have owned, not one has ever done GPS well. The Omnia would almost never get a lock, the Fascinate would rarely get a lock, and the Charge would get a lock from time to time.

Now some of you will say, "My Charge always gets a lock," and others will say, "My Charge's GPS is broken". My Charge was somewhere in between, but let me tell you folks... on the Inc2, the GPS [I]just works[/I]. Whether it is sunny or cloudy, you are standing still or moving in a car, the GPS gets a lock in 5 to 20 seconds. And, depending on the building, this oftentimes is the case indoors as well. I have tested the GPS on 4 other Inc 2 phones and the results have been the same, this is not just a matter of one good unit and one bad unit. So for those of you who are putting up with a mediocre GPS, waiting minutes on end for a lock, installing special GPS apps and workarounds, or--only forbid--you must use VZ Navigator to use your GPS, let me tell you, there are phone manufacturers out there that do it better than Samsung.

CAMERA

The camera on the Inc 2 packs 8 megapixels just like the Charge. The [I]speed [/I]of the camera on the Inc 2, however, is significantly faster than the Charge. There is virtually no lag when taking photos (think iPhone), and after a 2-second preview of the photo you just took (why did they get rid of this option on the Charge?), it's ready to snap another shot. In addition, pressing the power button while in camera mode turns off the screen (as you would expect), instead of locking the screen into camera mode like Samsung does. When my goal is to save battery life by turning off the screen, I don't want to lock the screen on. I could never figure out their logic on that one...

The front-facing camera on the Inc 2 is only 640x480 as compared to 1280x1024 on the Charge. So the video of you will look a little more grainy on a Skype call with the Inc 2 than it would on the Charge.

UPDATES

As we all know, Samsung and Verizon--whoever's fault it is--are infamously slow at releasing updates for their phones. One might hope that this would be because their official software releases are so flawless that frequent updates are not necessary, but it is certain that this is not the case.

The Inc 2 was released in April and it received an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread in July. The Charge was released in May and it received an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread in November. Yes, even though the Samsung Droid Charge was labeled a 'Droid' phone, it still took them twice as long as HTC to come out with an update. Did I mention, HTC just released another update for the Incredible 2? It tweaked the signal bars and made some security enhancements to the phone. Apparently HTC actually cares about the consumer's experience.

USER INTERFACE

Some people will say Samsung TouchWiz is wonderful, some will say TouchWiz is terrible. Some will say HTC Sense is wonderful, some will say Sense is terrible. Personally, I don't really find one much more compelling than the other. Both can mostly be covered up with a custom launcher if the user so desires.

What I do like about Sense on the Inc 2 is that it is smooth, and it is pretty. The phone comes with several built-in skins to choose from, and, the color schemes actually seem to make sense. If the somewhat peculiar orange-and-brown color theme of the Charge wasn't odd enough, they decided to add in a splash of aqua-green on the notification menu in the Gingerbread update so-called 'color-enhancements.' In contrast, there is nothing revolting about the color scheme of the Inc 2, it is simple and not attracting unnecessary attention, like it should be.

When it comes to scrolling, the Inc 2 is very smooth. There is very little stuttering and jumpyness that was ever-present on the Fascinate and Charge.

Sense also has a lot of great built-in widgets to choose from, and again, they actually look good, compared to Samsung's cheesy-looking widgets that nobody would ever want to use. And--imagine this!--you can even use the volume rocker on your phone to put the phone in vibrate only OR silent mode... just like in the good old days.

Two things Sense does not have which TouchWiz does are:

1) Button in the drop-down notification to toggle screen Auto-Rotate on/off. This was easily remedied by downloading an app called Auto-Rotate Switch, which sits in the notification are and performs the same function.

2) Screen Capture capability. As I understand, the Inc 2 has to either be rooted or connected to a computer to take a screen capture.

BATTERY

The Inc 2 has a slightly smaller battery than the Charge (1450 mAh vs. 1600 mAh), but it is one of the best performers in smartphone battery life. Battery life is more or less comparable to the now-updated Charge running Gingerbread in CDMA-mode only (3G). On a recent day of very light phone use, I still had 70% battery remaining after 15 hours! But it is not uncommon for me to have half-a-battery remaining after a full day of moderate use.

CONS

From my own and others' experience, the Incredible 2 is a good phone with just two notable drawbacks:

1) Reception. Side-by-side with the Charge, the Inc 2 consistently has about 5-10 dB lower signal strength--about on par with the Samsung Fascinate. Now that may sound like a big difference, but in the real world results are not as distinguishable. I have not encountered any complaints of dropped calls, missed calls or missed text messages. Those who should take the reception issue into account are people who live in a fringe-coverage area or work deep inside an office building. For my practical use I have not had any problems with the reception on the Inc 2.

2) Speakerphone. The speakerphone on the Inc 2 is tinny-sounding and not very loud. If the speakerphone feature of your phone is important to you you may consider looking elsewhere. I use the speakerphone very infrequently, so this issue is not important to me.

CONCLUSION

You are entitled to like whatever phone you are currently holding, be it a Charge, a Nexus, or the next great invention. After putting up with two phones this year that gave me headaches in one way or another, I finally have a phone with which I can say, "I like this phone". My phone is not my life, and I have more to do than sit on my phone reading forum posts about problems with my phone. I needed a phone that 'just works', and for me, the Incredible 2 is the one. It doesn't require rooting or ROMing to do what I need it to do, it doesn't drop data connections, it makes and receives phone calls, and the GPS works every time. And it connects to WiFi everywhere I go, with blazing-fast speeds that never make me wish I had 4G. If you are like me and want a phone that 'just works', I highly recommend the HTC Droid Incredible 2, you will not be disappointed.
on April 14, 2013
For about the first year or so, I had absolutely no problems with anything; this phone was like my baby. But then, the usb charging port got loose or something and the phone refused to charge even when it said it was charging. I had to get a new one, free with the warranty, but still annoying and frustrating. As I'm writing this, my second one is dying while plugged into the charger. After some research, I found that this is a common issue with these phones. Being in college 4 hours from home I kind of need a sturdy phone. As soon as my 2 year contract is up I'm switching phones.
on January 6, 2013
I've had this phone for a year and a half. Overall, it worked ok; I would encounter massive slowdowns occasionally which require a restart of the phone. Restarting the phone takes about 5 minutes.

In addition, I have had an issue where some system apps would delete themselves, making the phone useless. This required the phone to be brought back to factory settings.

Lastly, after 1.5 years of using this phone, the usb port on the phone has worn down, making it impossible to charge. After doing some research online, this is a common issue.
on July 1, 2011
This is a very snappy and aesthetically pleasing phone. It's a great alternative to those larger form factor phones (such as the Thunderbolt, Charge, Droid X, X2). It doesn't support 4G but that's not a big deal to me. The faster download/upload will just kill the battery faster.

I don't want to deter people from considering this phone but I took a star away for the unremovable Verizon bloatware and another star for the battery life.

For those who don't know, Verizon packages the phone up with many unremovable applications and services. This is called "bloatware." They not only cause clutter, but they have an impact on battery life. The HTC hardware is fine, but the software Verizon chose to bundle is undesirable and repulsive.

Currently, it's whining about having only 15% battery left. I fully charged it less than 24 hours ago. The phone was turned completely off all night. Bluetooth was off. Wifi was on for a couple of hours. Other than that, I imagine some apps and/or services were passively using the data connection. This does not meet my expectation for a phone's battery life.
on November 21, 2011
This phone gets a 4.5 rating!

As a little background, you should know that I've used the Droid OG, X, Bionic, and Charge prior to picking up the Incredible 2 and I'm very pleasantly surprised by the phone. I've been using the Dinc2 for only 1 week, but it's been a great phone so far. I'll start with the minor reasons why I couldn't give it a 5-star rating then talk about the positives.

Weakness:

1) Small size: in today's age of BIG phones, the Incredible 2 at around 4 inches feels small.

2) Keyboard: I'm probably too accustomed to Motorola's keyboard, so I'm knocking HTC for theirs. I don't like the suggestions/corrections and the highlighting is annoying. And the fact that Swype isn't pre-loaded is another knock against the phone. I'll let you know how I feel in a month, but initial use is not as smooth as the other phones I've used.

3) Verizon bloatware: More of a nuisance than anything else, but nobody likes being pre-loaded with a bunch of apps that you will never use.

Strength:

1) Hardware/Software integration: This is the best phone that I've used that really integrates the software into the hardware. This phone runs really fast, switches seamlessly between apps, and everything just works.

2) Camera: By far, this is the best camera that I've ever used on a cell phone. Quick and responsive, this phone produces amazing shots. While not "zero-lag", this camera is great for a good quality, point and shoot picture taker.

3) Extremely strong build quality: I was expecting this phone to be cheaply made, but everything feels really tight and really solid. Gorilla Glass and the textured back make the phone feel very secure. I see no need to put a case around this phone.

Overall:

I think HTC took a page out of the I-phone book and made a device that just works really well together. It doesn't have the fastest processor, highest RAM, nor most megapixels, but everything works much better than those other, high-powered phones. I would highly recommend this phone. And I have to give a shout-out to Amazon for their great pricing.
on November 16, 2011
I have had my HTC Droid Incredible 2 for almost 4 months now and I really love it! This is my first experience with an HTC phone. I had always used Motorola (nonsmartphones), Nokia (smartphone and non), and Samsung (smartphone) before this. After my last phone, a Samsung, I thought I would always stick with Samsung because I liked it so much. However, I moved to a small town and to go with Verizon I had to buy my phone at Walmart and there just weren't many smartphones available to choose from. If I hadn't needed a phone right away I would have bought from Amazon or Wirefly instead. I was debating between this HTC or a Motorola. I wanted the iPhone but it wasn't available at the time. It finally came down to this HTC or another HTC and the Incredible 2 was a bit cheaper. Overall I have been pretty happy with it. It was easy to figure out how to use and it is pretty fast!

I use my phone mostly for texting, calls, internet, calendar, and a few apps such as Gmail, Kindle if I don't have my Tab with me, Paypal, Facebook, TweetDeck, Xtreme Alarm Clock, and a French-English dictionary. I play games on rare occasions and I let my son play Toddler Lock on it. My son has also thrown the phone several times and I've dropped it on concrete a couple of times and it has held up well. I'm able to find all the apps I want on the Android market and Amazon Appstore. There are a couple of apps I'd love to have that are only available for iPhone but not very many. One thing I love is the calendar that comes on the phone can be linked to your Google calendar. Anything I add to my calendar on the computer is synced with the calendar on my phone. It is also easy to add things to different Google calendars from your phone. For instance, I have a personal Google account and my blog Google account. I can add things to either calendar easily and get reminders for both!

I also like the Google Voice feature where you can speak into your phone to do a Google search. This comes in handy when your hands are tied up with something or if you don't want to type in your search query. That is another thing - this phone only has an onscreen keyboard. I was spoiled with my Samsung phone I had which had a slide out keyboard. I really don't like onscreen keyboards but I have gotten used to it. The buttons are big enough if you turn your phone horizontally, and I've gotten to where I can type in it pretty easily even without turning my phone if I want to see more of the rest of the screen while typing. It also has autocorrect which can be a good thing and a bad thing. Many times it tries to autocorrect things when it doesn't recognize the word and my texts wind up being nonsense. I'm learning to pay more attention to what it pops up while I am typing though so I can save words it doesn't recognize. I wish it would let me save contractions as a word such as "y'all" so when I type "yall" or when I put my son's name with an "'s" - "Davey's" - it would automatically put the apostrophe in. It is annoying to have to switch to the numbers page to put in the apostrophe when it seems to me it should be able to save those words.

As for the battery life, overall I am pretty happy with it. As I said I rarely play games and do things that would suck up the battery. I charge it every night when I go to bed and it lasts all day. I even leave it on WiFi most the time and it still lasts all day. Occasionally it will be down to the yellow color on the battery bar saying it is nearly dead but I rarely have it run down so much that it beeps at me.

Also WiFi is a cinch to use. It is easy to find and connect to networks. I live in an apartment on campus so I have it almost always connected to either my home network in my apartment or the campus network. It switches automatically to the campus network when I leave my apartment and switches back when I get home. If I go elsewhere it switches to 3G and then automatically switches back to WiFi when I get home or back on campus. Also the fact that it doesn't have 4G is not a problem for me because we don't even have 4G available here yet. My last phone was a 4G phone and when I got it and went home I quickly found out 4G wasn't available where I lived and that was even right outside of Memphis, TN, a big city! I live in a small town now with no big cities nearby so I am sure it is not available here!

If you're looking for a good smartphone I highly recommend the HTC Droid Incredible 2!

See 1 answered question