Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on July 14, 2011
update this phone is amazing and im i am even happier with it now that i have had it for a few months

i have had this phone for a few weeks after upgrading from a Samsung Rogue...very big difference in technology and in most ways a huge improvement.

my biggest complaint is the touch screen keyboard being so tough even in landscape mode, upright it is impossible...mistake dials & organization so far is not a good time however i love the customization, size & massive storage.

once i am more comfortable with the phone i will update this review...battery life is better than expected depending on what apps you are running.
on October 14, 2011
Droid Incredible 2 is probably the best phone out there, bar the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the iPhone 4S. It is small enough to fit into your hand, while its screen is big enough for you to enjoy the beauty of its super LCD.

* 1.2GHz snapdragon does the job VERY well. very snappy and does not lag whatsoever.
* Battery lasts 2 days. TWO DAYS. Just turn off Wifi whenever you're not home. Turn off 3G when you're not browsing.

Rootable, Cyanogenmod supported, GREAT on calls and texting. Cheap, sturdy, no hardware problems. most reliable 3g phone.

10/10 as for quality/price.
on February 17, 2013
I have had this phone now almost 2 years. Like any phone there has been a hiccup here or there. But overall I would recommend to anyone. My wife had a fascinate and it was stolen and we replaced it with this. She like this much better also. Goes fast, and i have had many Apple users complement me on its speed and smooth looking graphics and transistions
on June 3, 2011
When I bought this phone I changed both service and phone. I previously had a Palm Pixi, which I liked, but it had so many limitations due to the lack of phone service. The Incredible 2 has a lot of great features, 2 cameras, tons of apps, etc., but the biggest issue I have is that I am constantly restarting the phone because something isn't working properly. I am disappointed in that, but it's a good phone otherwise. I don't think I would buy it again.
on December 18, 2014
I purchased this phone primarily bc the seller said the software was upgradeable to a 4. 0 Ice Cream Sandwich...however the phone itself can not support such an upgrade. With the software as it is now I can not watch movies and most apps are not supported I'm highly dissapointed by this product
on February 1, 2015
If you are reading this review, it is 2015 or later. This is not a new phone. You are looking to buy this phone because it is really cheap for what you are getting - a working Android device with a decent camera and no obvious design flaws. It is certainly that. Apples to apples, used, this beats an iPhone 4 any day - and those are running for %50 more than these. (I picked this up for $65 while an iPhone 4 in similar condition was $115.)

But, for the love of god, if you are even the slightest bit technologically literate - root your phone and install a new ROM. A lot of these Amazon reviews are complaining about the software, how there are a bunch of bundled Verizon apps (NFL??) that you can't uninstall and that are constantly running - yeah, it's really annoying. Also, the HTC Sense UI is waaay outdated. It was already sketchy in 2012, now it looks like absolute garbage. But guess what? You aren't stuck with it. You don't need to worry about rooting voiding your warranty because that expired 2 years ago. I have Cyanogenmod installed and life is 100% better than the stock ROM. No bloatware, just simplicity and full customization. On the stock ROM, I had to charge the battery every night just from daily use (texting and the occasional website - nothing heavy). Now I last 3-4 days on a single charge.

A couple negative notes. The product description claims "16GB SD card preinstalled". Don't expect this if you buy used. The sellers don't mention this in the product description but expect to drop an extra $15 on a new SD card to get this phone functional (you can't do much without one, no pictures or anything). Also, Verizon requires a data plan on all smartphones - I bought this phone expecting to be able to use my existing dumb-phone plan with it, but that is just not how things work apparently - had to upgrade to a data plan to activate the phone! I am not happy about that.

Still, highly recommended. This is still a quality device even three years after release.
on December 17, 2013
These things are going for 50 bucks used on Ebay, that can't be beat. Of all the features this phone has, including FM radio (which works with earbuds or a headset only as it uses the headset wire for the antenna) the camera on this thing is mind boggling. I have a 1000 dollar EOS Rebel DSLR camera. This phone takes clearer photos than that camera does! Now, it's not great for moving objects of course the DSLR has it beat there, but for stationary objects, oh yea. In fact, when I was taking photos to have them put on mugs and Tshirts last xmas, I used this phone, and not the DSLR camera, to take the pictures. They are crisper with this phone, by far. No, it's not the fastest phone on the planet, but it's plenty good enough. Call quality is great, speaker sound is definitely adequate and bluetooth range, for some reason, is ridiculous. I could walk all over my house with my earpiece and not lose the call. With my LG phone, if I'm more than 10 or so feet, the call drops. I use it like a cordless phone in my house, keep the phone centered in the house and I can go anywhere with just the earpiece and take calls at any time. The one complaint I have is that, on Straight Talk, it could only get 2G speeds, which was fast enough for Pandora streaming in the car, but not for streaming video. It plays videos just fine, but it takes a while to load them if you're not using wifi. With wifi, it's fast as heck. It takes a long time to reboot or to start if you turn it off, but it's not a biggie, really. This phone definitely works with straight talk, just get a SIM card compatible with Verizon (CDMA) and you'll be good to go! The screen is super clear and responds perfectly to all touch inputs. For 50 bucks, absolutely can't be beat. You will enjoy this purchase. It's not the best at anything (except maybe that camera) but it's really decent at everything.
on November 28, 2011
We have had this phone since September, replacing my wife's flip phone. I set it up for her, downloaded apps from a list of highly recommended apps I had been saving. First result was that battery life went to 4 hours without any significant use. But, after turning off all the constantly-on/push features, battery life is now two-plus days with moderate use. The navigator and bar-code reading shopping apps are handy. I moved all the Verizon crapware apps to far away screens, as they cannot be deleted. Arranging the apps on the screens is easy, once you figure out that Wigets and apps are essentislly the same, just listed separately.

Data usage: we only have a 2GB data package, and do not watch videos, play games online, etc. We find that most of our usage has been on wi-fi at home or out of the home, so the 2GB limitation is not an issue at all. The phone automatically switches between wi-fi and 3g as needed.

Reception is not as good as the old flip phone, but is still acceptable.

Picture quality is much improved over our older phones.

Wife still has problems operating the phone at times, often getting unintended actions like dialing people, deleting the clock widget on the main screen, etc. but I expect that will improve over time. Some apps (Navigator) are difficult to shut down when you are finished, but I believe that is poor app design, not the DINC2's problem.

I plan on getting this same model as soon as Verizon comes out with their shared data plan as $60 a month seems such a waste for such little use (they first talked about this last May, but it is not available yet.) For me the FM radio and overseas capability are significant bonuses.
on October 2, 2013
This is a great phone, but it definitely has faults. It comes in a variety of colors and has a lot of cases. It is kind of hard to find cases at just any store, but you can find cases at your company's store. I have a case on my HTC and have dropped it too many times to count. I have even dropped it down a metal staircase and it didn't crack. It is a touch screen phone and sometimes it does not respond.
When I first got this phone I was surprised on how many apps were pre-installed. Most I have never used. There is a music app already installed and that is nice.
What is really annoying is you can't just hold an app down and delete it. You have to go in to settings, find the app, delete it or go on google play, find it and delete it.
It took me months to find out how to take a screenshot. Turns out all you have to do is hit power then home, just like any other phone.
I know I have been going on about the faults of this phone, but it is great a great phone. The speakers are great and the earphones work amazingly.
You can lock the phone and that is great if you don't want sneaky people getting onto your phone. You can have a pattern to draw or a number combination.
It has tons of space. I have a good amount of apps on my phone and I still have over half the space left.
If the phone is being stupid then just turn it on then back off. The only problem is it takes a few minutes to start back up.
It has a good price of around $100 for a touch screen phone. It is a great phone if you are updating.
Overall this is a great phone. I would recommend it to anyone.
on February 27, 2013
I had this phone for almost a year and it crapped out completely on me. It started getting "glitchy", freezing a lot and forcing me to restart the phone frequently. FYI: Restarting the phone takes a good 6 or 7 minutes and drains about 30% of the battery. Then, the phone stopped charging.. Not that it wouldn't hold the charge (which was also an issue), but it wouldn't charge when I plugged it in. I had to jiggle the charger around to get it to charge, and it would stop charging on its own after a couple minutes. I changed the battery and the charger and it still didn't work. I returned it and my phone provider sent me a refurbished phone - same model. I had it less than a month and its worse than the first. The phone now shows that its charging as the battery is actually draining and eventually dies while plugged in (all app's killed; GPS turned off.. i.e.: no reason for it to be draining- especially while plugged in). The phone is not usable to me at all at this point. The worst cellphone I've ever had. It almost turns me off from Droids completely and I'm considering an iPhone even though I've always sworn by Droids. Very disappointing. I had to put up a BIG stink to my provider to let me upgrade early to a different phone because I absolutely don't want another one of these. I'll have to go a couple days without a phone until my new one comes in the mail though. There are tons of reviews I found after researching the phone with people who have the exact same issues and end up going through 5 or 6 phones (this same model) and having to return it and get another one and have the same frustrations I do now. My cellphone provider of course said they don't have any known frequent problems or manufacturing defects of this model even though it happened to me twice and I found hundreds of people online with the same problems. UGH.