Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 21, 2014
After owning this for a few months here is my view:

I find this phone to be simple to use, and I love it's slim sleek design. I don't care for all the added apps that come with it, and I have yet found a way to delete them. The battery life of this phone is very low, but that is because it likes to run apps in the background. I added an task killer app and use it often and that has doubled the battery life. I love the camera on this phone, and the screen on this phone is a great size, not too big. I would buy again for a first phone for a teen, and so far it's great for me too!
on January 9, 2013
For the first couple months the phone worked great. It came in the condition advertised and in a very timely manner. However, we've been using it a little over 2 months and have issues with it charging for the 5 weeks; it is getting to the point you have to sit and hold the charger in the slot or the phone won't charge. Did not have this issue with the previous phone, same model.
on May 7, 2014
It doesn't charge. the battery is clearly backwards, I can see why it's being sold outside of Verizon. But I was happy with the quick mail out, it arrived sooner then anticipated (and anyone without a phone, this is HUGE!) so kudos to the company on delivery. This particular kind of phone has been known to be either good or lemony. I've gone through several myself, which is why I'm purchasing extras online. I don't fault the company. I fault HTC. Luckily this is an older model so most people won't need to worry about this kind anymore. and for those that do are prob buying it because they already have it and are aware of the problems.
on December 1, 2013
I had the Droid Incredible 2 4G LTE, but it decided to take a swim and the screen stopped working. Needed a cheap replacement so picked this... Actually, I didn't realize it was different than the one I had until it came, I was rushing and didn't read the description carefully. At any rate, I actually think I like it a little better than the newer 4G LTE version. I don't even really notice the difference from 4G to 3G with this phone. Also, I really like that even when I don't have 3G service, I can still make calls. For some reason with the 4G version, if one thing went down the phone didn't work at all. I might even keep it a bit past my contract renewal date (July).
on October 15, 2011
I previously owned a Samsung Propel on AT&T, so this is my first smartphone. When my contract ended two months ago, I decided to make the jump to Verizon due to AT&T's rattletrap of a network. I had no desire for an iPhone because I have an iPod 3rd gen and apps are VERY unstable on it. So I took a look at Verizon's Droid line and came across this puppy. After playing with it at the Verizon retail store I finally made the upgrade.

PROS

Battery life is incredible for an HTC.

Very smooth HTC Sense U. I. It's much faster than my old iPod. I also love the clock and weather widget that animates when you start up the phone.

Apps are a LOT more stable compared to iPhone iOS.

LED indicator light that blinks when you have a new text message or email.

Dependable clear Verizon network. No dropped calls or unsent text messages.

Feels very comfortable in the hand.

Not 4G. I don't really need fast downloads/uploads in exchange for my battery life.

Touch buttons are invisible when the display is off.

Call quality is awesome! I've heard some complaints about call quality but it's actually pretty good.

CONS

Browser can be buggy at times.

Reception is questionable. My two year old Samsung got better reception.

As great as Verizon's network coverage is, they are the WORST when it comes to software. I have 15+ apps that Verizon bloated on my phone that I CANNOT delete(unless rooting were an option). These apps run in the background using the data connection thus draining the battery. It makes wonder why in the world does Verizon do this. Even if the apps are unremovable, Verizon can't force me to use them.

Display not as bright as the Charge or new iPhone 4S screen.

Sometimes it has weird touchscreen issues. It'll work fine when I'm clicking on the menu, but when I'm trying to switch between screens, it won't respond. It doesn't happen often though.

In conclusion,this is a pretty cool phone. If you're on the market looking for the latest and the greatest, then get this one. However, if you aren't well experienced with the technology world, I would get something a little more modest. If you choose this phone, though, you'll have a great experience. Trust me.
on May 15, 2011
This is a great phone! I went to Verizon wireless store to purchase a Thunderbolt, the first thing that struck me was that the thunderbolt was huge. The first thing the salesman told me was to carry a charger with you because of the battery life. I asked about the incredible 2 and was told except for some minor details and the size its basically the same phone as the thunderbolt. I wasn't interested in 4g since it wont be in my area for a yr.

I purchased the incredible 2 and I don't regret it. Its super fast on 3g. I don't download movies but if i did i could do it on wifi but this phone is plenty fast. They battery life is good. Using normally, texting, email some web browsing the battery lasted 14hrs plus. If you don't have a life and you are on your phone all day long ( as was I the first day i got it ) the battery will last around 6 hrs.

If 4G isn't important to you this is a fantastic phone.
on December 18, 2014
I purchased this phone primarily bc the seller said the software was upgradeable to a 4. 0 Ice Cream Sandwich...however the phone itself can not support such an upgrade. With the software as it is now I can not watch movies and most apps are not supported I'm highly dissapointed by this product
on March 18, 2013
I bought this phone to replace one just like it. Both phones have had problems with the start button on the top right sticking. On the first phone, I just assumed it was a fluke, but it looks like it could be a common problem among this brand. When the button sticks, it is nearly impossible to unstick it and therefore, it is unable to be turned on/off or for the screen to be accessible once the back light turns off. To fix it, I would have to remove the battery, restart and turn the back light on at all times, which drained the battery within a few hours.

Other than that, it is a great phone.
on June 20, 2013
From day one, the headphone jack has been defective. It is so loose and so touchy I am unable to use head phones or desk speakers with the phone. If I turn the volume control on the side of the phone up to the 3/4 mark, the audio is scratchy and unusable. Also when on speaker phone, the audio is so weak it is difficult to hear people talking to me.
Also, the phone freezes up when I try to use my Live365 app for androids on it. My other phones had no problem with the app. I have had the phone for about a week and am going to get another model of Droid phone. This one is junk. If everything was operating 100% I am guessing this would be a good phone.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
First the phone came without a battery, so we had to order one. Once we put the battery in and charged the phone we realized the power button didn't work!!!!! Only good thing about this order was how easy Amazon made it for me to return it!!!!