Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on April 3, 2012
First the good. The phone is a good size, just a little larger than the iPhone, but still not too large as to make holding it in your hand uncomfortable as are the huge 4G phones. The four inch screen is plenty big enough (I came from an iPhone and the extra territory is noticeable) and the Sense overlay really makes navigating around the Android OS a much better experience.

Now the bad. The hardware is not well made. Battery life is mediocre, better than the 4G phones, but much worse than the iPhones. I can get through one day of medium use, but on my previous iPhone I didn't have to charge it for two or three days with medium use. Because the back comes off the phone doesn't have a solid feel to it. There is some give with the back casing and it makes the phone feel less substantial. For some reason this phone has a tendency to kill sd cards, so you need to keep every thing backed up.

Another hardware problem widely reported on the forums and one I have experienced with my phone is the disappearing power button. Over time it slowly sinks down into the case so that it's no longer useable. Mine is almost level now with the top of the case. I called Verizon customer service about it and they told me it wasn't a problem, but a design feature of the phone. Huh?

The screen also tends to trap dust beneath it. Again, this is a problem widely reported on the boards and one which Verizon won't do anything about. I've noticed dust in the bottom left corner of my screen, but so far it hasn't affected my being able to view anything.

The biggest problem this phone has and most other HTC phones is the poor antenna placement. HTC tends to put the antenna in the back cover of the phone where it's prone to the death grip made famous by the iPhone 4. Reception is horrible with this phone. You can lay it down and watch the bars fluctuate from full to none. It seems whenever you answer a call the bars drop from 4 or 5 to one or 1x and the result is a garbled voice on the other end. There is a frequent echo too. I have had more dropped calls with this phone in my house, where I receive a full signal, than with any phone I have ever owned. If you get in a weak or fringe area then forget it, you won't have a signal at all. When I'm in weak areas on business trips my colleagues will show two to three bars on their phones and I will either have none or else it will vacillate between none and 1 bar and run the battery down. I called Verizon customer service and they acted like they had never had anybody complain about reception. All they need to do is a search on the internet and they will find plenty of complaints about reception with this phone, including on their own support boards. HTC at least acknowledges the problem and says they are working on it, but they have been saying this going back to the original Incredible two years ago.

In summary, this phone has a lot of promise, but falls way short on delivering. It is plagued with problems and with Verizon's poor customer support if you buy this phone you are assured of an aggravating experience.
on August 28, 2013
I got this phone right around the time that Verizon was also starting to do the 4G LTE, but stuck with the 3G anyway. It is a pretty solid phone, and I got grandfathered into the unlimited data system, which is still something I take advantage of, because my phone is still working! Cons: The first one of the phone I got had an issue where perhaps a spring in the power button got stuck, and I was unable to turn on the phone/wake it from sleep unless someone called me or something. I got it replaced right away, no questions asked, by another Incredible 2 where the wiring for the headphones was messed up, so it would detect a mic when there wasn't a mic, and if I was playing music it would start trying to dial the names of whatever it thought it picked up in the song. FINALLY, lucky number three. I've had it for over two and a half years. It's been dropped numerous times, with only one small crack on the bottom that doesn't affect the screen or the touch sensitivity. The battery life is definitely not what it used to be anymore, but that is to be expected, and it still got me through over 2 hours of running with a GPS tracking app and Spotify on. It still connects fine with 3G at pretty decent speeds. Aside from the lowered battery life, this has definitely been a great phone to me.
on August 3, 2011
I've owned the original Incredible since December of 2010, and I absolutely loved it and I told myself, I would never leave HTC. I debated between the Droid 3 and the Inc2 for about 2 months before coming back to HTC, and I am so glad I chose this phone! Its really fast for a single core processor, and it has GINGERBREAD!! Something the Incredible is never going to get. I love the front facing camera, its a really good quality for 1.3 megapixels. I love the casing, its aluminum instead of plastic. And I love how the 4 buttons (home, menu, back and search) are invisible with the screen off. The LED is so much brighter than the original Incredible, and the speaker is amazing. It even has a set of noise canceling microphones! It has the newest version of HTC Sense, and it even packed in a set of picture effects other than the standard Negative, Aqua, Sepia ect.. and overall, I'm pleased with the camera quality! Listening to music, I'm happy with the sound quality.. it even comes with an equilizer! It comes with a 16 gig sd card and thats a huge plus for me! I love the new widgets Gingerbread came with. The battery will drain fairly quickly if you don't know how to handle apps. I love this phone and I would tell anyone to get it!
on January 25, 2014
Keypad only works sometimes and apparently I can't replace it, only return it.Which means I would have no phone at all. I thought everything on Amaxon was guarnteed. Guess not.
on September 18, 2011
I love the phone, which I've had for two weeks. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is that one of the features I wanted, HTCSense.com (as written in the Amazon product description), is not supported for the Incredible 2. Product description says

"And you'll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert--even while on "silent" mode--through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number."

I tried unsuccessfully to set up this feature on the HTCSense web site, but could not make it work. I finally contacted HTC support, and they emailed this to me: "Unfortunately HTCSense.com services and features are not compatible with the Incredible 2. When signing up for an HTCSense.com account the option for an Incredible 2 will not available."

Too bad I didn't know this before I bought the phone - I would have selected a different one. If not for that, I'd rate it higher.
on August 18, 2011
Received the phone less than a week ago. It is my first smartphone. I found it easy to use compared to my husband's Droid 2. It has a nice slim design and is light compared to other phones on the market. It has a sharp clear and brilliant screen. Typing is suprisingly easy on the soft touch keypad. Mostly because of the auto type correction. Now for the CONS. It has a short battery life. It lasts no longer than 12 hours. If you sync the phone with your FB account and your "Friend" has their phone # starting with a 1, i.e. 1-000-000-0000. It will NEVER let you send them a text message without sending you an error code 34. Some apps automatically make you do a force close when opening or deleting an app. In my case, I was removing it. The force close came up, but wouldn't let me close it. I even removed the battery. I called Verizon, as well as, hTC. I now have to send the phone back. This can not be repaired. Overall, it has the potential of being a very nice phone.
on October 7, 2011
I had the original HTC Incredible and liked it quite a bit, but I was unhappy with the battery life. It's too easy to say the Incredible 2 is the same phone but with a bigger screen and better battery life. While true, the Gingerbread update on Android makes a large difference - the device isn't quite as buggy. Runs very smooth, takes better pictures than the original (both video and stills). To say I am very happy is an understatement. This is my 7th smartphone (had 3 iPhones before) and I thought I would get this phone and start looking for my next phone. The Incredible 2 ended up being that phone. I am that happy with it. Beautiful screen - better battery life - works terrific on my 3G network - no problems to speak of. Good work HTC.
on December 3, 2012
I'm on my third (yes third and if I'd bothered wasting the time and energy involved with changing it out would have been like 10th now in less than two years) HTC Droid Incredible 2 and it too is a piece of crap. This one won't connect to wi-fi, randomly loses 3G capacity, reception sucks, sucks the life out of the battery (on second battery), and will reboot itself whenever it feels like whether you are using it or not. I've had it reboot just sitting on the desk and I've had it reboot in the middle of trying to send a text. I do NOT recommend this phone! When I discussed the matter with Verizon (bought phone at Best Buy with insurance thankfully) I was told that HTC knows about the software issues and are working to resolve them but with no actual estimated date. The "update" they did last month either did nothing for the phone or made it worse...hard to tell at this point.
22 comments5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2014
I bought this phone for use with a Page Plus plan and it is easy and fun to use. Aside text and phone features, I use it for general Internet searching, email, FB, Pinterest, GPS, etc. I don't play games on the phone or watch shows/movies. The photo quality is pretty good and the video is also nice. I have never used a Galaxy or an iPhone, so I can't compare it to higher-end phones. I do know that the DINC2 has been reliable, holds its charge, is easy to set up with Page Plus (a low-cost phone/data service that utilizes Verizon's network). If I lost mine, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
on July 18, 2011
I lost my Samsung Galaxy phone and I replaced it with the HTC droid incredible 2. At first I was a bit doubtful since I didn't like first Droid Incredible. The second one proven to be a lot thinner and lighter. It is single core but it is responsive. I also bough a Samsung 10.1 Galaxy tablet. I can use the same app on both the tablet and the phone. The phone is as smooth as the tablet. Furthermore, Amazon's price is INCREDIBLE. There is no other sellers or phone can beat Amazon. HTC Sense is also good although I prefer the plain android interface.