Most helpful positive review
51 of 54 people found the following review helpful
Great Color, Quite Durable, & Spacious
on May 10, 2013
I took a job out of state which requires lots of traveling. So far I have used this luggage for two separate round-trip flights, back to back. Including connection flights, I'd say the luggage has been handled at the airport a total of eight times. I'm pretty sure it's had a rough enough beating for me to give an accurate review. I've got one more flight into New York after this review so I'll be sure to provide an update later.
Delivery - I was VERY nervous when my package arrived as the cardboard box it came in had a HUGE hole in it! It looked like someone literally kicked it off the truck, lol. So while opening the box up, I was careful because I thought for sure I would be returning it. I was pleasantly surprised to find the luggage inside with no damage (whew!). Looking back now, that was my first indication of this product's durability.
Aesthetics - I ordered the 3 piece set in the purple - LOVE IT. It has a slight metallic finish which gives the color a nice punch. The skin of the luggage has a diamond-grid texture which gives it an overall nice quality look (I'll try to add a picture so you can see). Whatever color you get I'm sure the finishes add to the entire look (thumbs up for that). The main picture does it no justice. VERY easy to spot in Baggage Claim. I get lots of compliments at the airport :)
Durability - As stated my luggage has already had a pretty rough beating, with more to come, and it looks great! I've listed my points below:
1. There are scratches? Where? Oh, I see them...
I actually didn't find the scratches until a week ago. Due to the textured finish, scratches are difficult to find. It's also a darker shade of purple, so that helps to hide any wear and tear. Actually the most damage was done on the tiny "Traveler's Choice" logo where it's ALL scratched up (which I could care less about).
2. There are no dents anywhere. Although the hard shell for this luggage is a little flexible, it's VERY durable. My guess is that this luggage shell was designed with some "give" in order for it to take on impacts. Don't let the "bend" of the material fool you - very strong stuff.
3. Spinner wheels move easily and smoothly. Because I am traveling back and forth from California, to Kentucky, and to New York it is an absolute MUST for me to be able to move all around with ease. I currently have two pieces with me, medium and large, which I have dragged through airports and hotels. My legs are tired but my arms feel great, lol. The luggage set comes with with a "belt" attachment where you can connect luggage pieces together - VERY NICE! It works whether I have the cases slanted/angled, or pulling it upright where all four wheels are on the floor. No complaints - well done
4. Zippers still work and are intact. They run up and down the lines smoothly. I like that the zipper tags/grips are large (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in length). I haven't really used the TSA lock included on the luggage yet, simply because I'm a klutz and will figure out a way to lock myself out (scared!). So instead I insert the zipper tags inside the mechanism without a lock code just so my bags wont open while being handled. I've had no problems.
5. Pull handles are durable, however I do get nervous when I stretch them all the way out. They seem like when they're fully extended, they get a little looser? Now, they are still intact and work fine! This is just an observation.
Spacious!! - I like the inside compartment with the mesh inserts on the outside of it (difficult to explain so I'll try to post a picture). Great for putting shoes in, papers, or even jackets. It's a nice way to keep stuff out the way of your clothes. I was able to store one month's worth of clothes in the large piece, while my medium piece had papers, shoes, and coats (I have a carry-on too, but only for toiletries, hair brushes/combs, and various personal items. I prefer to keep that kind of stuff on me while traveling).
Conclusion - I am VERY pleased with this purchase! This is my third time buying a set of luggage, and I have never been this happy all-around. Definitely would recommend this set for anyone. (I put the update in the "Comments" area below)