Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now Tikes

on August 28, 2011
I'm really pleased with this phone. I bought it because I'm going to Paris in the Fall and wanted to be able to use it there. I especially like the combination of the qwerty keyboard and touchscreen. It seems to be better built than my BlackBerry. I had to have my Curve replaced and then worked on again. So far, no problems with the XPRT.
on October 18, 2011
I got this phone for my wife for the simple fact that my wife & I was tired of the radio and antenna issues with HTC phones and Samsung phones. The Nexus S 4g(which me and the wife had) was the last straw and I knew I needed to go to a tried and true manufacturer and one that is a master of a trade and not just a jack of a bunch of ones. Motorola may not have the so called flashy and smooth UI (even though I can't tell the difference who focuses so much on a UI)of HTC and Samsung. Motorola knows how to make a fucntional phone that gets good reception whether it be wi-fi,1G,2G,3G, or 4G. Forget the additional features a phone has to be able to make a call and keep a signal, without that it is a shiny useless paper weight. My wife is going to stay with Motorola since she needs a functional phone and not some shiny UI with features that don't work because her phone can't keep a signal.

Reception with radios and antenna's is King
UI Plain and just does what is needed
speaker phone and mic makes crystal clear calls
Notification light
Battery life for is good

Camera's very average

To her the UI is not a con as if you want a touch wiz and sense UI feel stick to samsung and HTC. If you want a phone that just works with good features and keeps a good signal this is a great one for you the MOTOROLA XPRT.
on February 2, 2012
I have had this phone for about 2 weeks. I ordered it from Amazon Wireless. Let me say something about Amazon wireless first. This is an awesome service but note...they buy these phones from the manufacturer and if you have an issue with the phone you may have to deal with them and not the carrier directly.
Now as for the phone. It is very well built. The screen quality is quite acceptable. The qwerty keyboard works great, that is the main reason I got it. I had a Motorola Triumph phone through Virgin Mobile, which was an outstanding phone but I really missed the physical keyboard.
I have no issues whatsoever with this phone. It has not overheated or done any funky things. Now...guess what, I am returning it! Why?
Because I find it is too much of a Blackberry type phone for me. Now I have used Blackberry devices in the past, and they are great work phones, but as far as being multimedia devices which is what we want our phones to be nowadays they are not keeping up with the times. I was hoping this phone would bridge the gap between my Motorola Triumph and a Blackberry. Well not quite. My main issue is screen size and no 4G.
Here I digress a moment. On Sprint, and all other carriers as far as I know, the data plan for a 3G and 4G smartphone are the same cost. If so, why? This is not fair!. I argued this out with Sprint once I realized that I really wanted 4G. I just bought a phone which is 3G. Why is the data plan the same price if I can't use the extra speed? Well I got nowhere with them. Now my old Triumph was only 3G but all Virgin Mobile has is 3G, which is ironic since it is on Sprint's network and in fact is now owned by them. Anyway. I decided if I am going to pay $90.00 a month for a cell phone it had damned better be 4G especially since the price of the phone through Amazon Wireless is the same as, say, a Samsung Epic 4G (0.01!). Which has a bigger screen, a nicer screen, and still has a slide out (not my favorite but I can live with it)keyboard.
So...this is why the phone is going back. I found out that I could not just go to the Sprint store and swap the phone because I did not get it directly from Sprint. However Amazon Wireless was very nice about it.
So in summary. If you are looking for a road warrior business phone which is an Android phone and allows some multimedia functions, this phone is great. If you want a phone to read books, play games, watch YouTube and all that a 4G and a small less bright screen. Might want to reconsider.
on September 6, 2011
I am now on my 3rd XPRT phone. 1 had a bad speaker and 2 are overheating for no reason. Battery app has shown 115 that's hot! No combination of app kills, battery pulls, restarts, or trying different batteries helps. Once the XPRT starts to run hot, it doesn't stop. The overheat is a known issue for the "sister" Droid Pro from Verizon. Check the internet...lots out there regarding the Droid Pro but very little regarding the XPRT since it is so new. I really like the phone but there is clearly an issue here that needs to be addressed. Motorola, please get this fixed!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2011
I recently upgraded from a BB curve. This phone is great and way more functional than the curve. The downside is that the screen is smaller compared to other android devices. The screen gets washed out in bright sunlight, however I heard that is normal for android.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
the product was brand new as promised. all particulars were in place. delivery ws very prompt. response to my product/delivery related queries came is less than 6 hrs. kudos to d seller!!

regarding the phone, it definitely scored abv my expectations. very gud touch, amazing querty, pretty fast n responsive, excellent battery as well. :))
on August 19, 2012
Easy to use it, set up, user friendly , connects with Wi-Fi easily, loads fast. Dual keyboards allows it to be used in standard or screen rotation.
on October 7, 2012
Motorola XPRT for Sprint carrier. Arrived in new condition. Works great. For Sprint. Works with Sim Card (GSM) overseas. No unlocking needed even though useless associate at Sprint store said it was needed and to call customer service.
on August 18, 2012
After doing considerable research for an android containing all the features I wanted: GPS, QUERTY, email, etc., and at a reasonable price, the Motorola XPRT theoretically sounded like an exact fit for my needs. So I purchased one after my last phone broke. It turns out, this Motorola XPRT was defective right out of the box. So what does Motorola do to make it right? They have me send it in for repair instead of replacing it, leaving me phoneless for 6 weeks. Perhaps it's a good phone as the other reviewers state, but I can't comment on its performance because I have not been able to use it yet. Want to take a chance? Go ahead and buy one, but realize you are buying it "as is" as basically, there is no warranty and Motorola will leave you without a phone if it is defective. Needless to say, I have purchased my last Motorola product.

UPDATE: After keeping my phone, supposedly for repair, for over 3 weeks, they sent a new one, unactivated and with the back cover missing. Imagine that... bought the phone on July 3rd and as of this date (August 18th), I still don't have a working phone and Motorola will NOT do anything to make it right. I ended up having to buy another phone (Samsung Replenish) and ate the money I spent on the Motorola garbage. Do yourself a favor... not only avoid this phone, AVOID MOTOROLA completely. If it comes defective out of the box, you are stuck without a phone for however long it takes for Motorola to repair it, which apparently takes weeks or even months.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
Battery is constantly being drained where I have to recharge nightly or it will die. Alarms, internet (simple searching), etc causes battery drainage. Also tends to overheat when you use the internet.
HATE the fact that it does NOT have a flip out keyboard or even a keyboard with decent sized buttons for the letters.
On the positive side, it is definitely a SMART phone, has hundreds of apps and possibilities, is customizable from the home page, etc.
However, I'd only say it is worth the price if you get the good discount from the 2 year upgrade and/or free shipping, etc.