Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on September 21, 2011
I don't have a long review. I got the EVO 3D a month after it came out. I had a Hero the funny thing was my husband had the same phone and his was never a problem but mine must have been a Monday or Friday Hero cause I had nothing but problems. The Sprint guy let me get this 8 months early and I have not looked back. I LOVE this phone. First of all I have to say I cannot physically see 3d I am blind in one eye. I do not mean I can't just not see I actually lost and eye but that is neither here nor there. I can't see 3D. That was not a selling point. The display was awesome. I loved the size and the apps and storage I bought a 16 gig card quick and all is well. Everything I do on this phone is great. I can't use 4G here but when I go to St Louis I can and I notice it sucks the battery. I also notice when I go wireless (and that is VERY easy to do) That saves the battery too. I put it up to my friends IPhone4 and mine wins!!! I do wish we had some Iphone aps but other than that I LOVE this phone!!! I am very glad I got it. I have had not one problem thus far. I did by an otter box for it. Sadly I could only get black black or black but it saved my phone when I dropped in a concrete floor. So I Hardily suggest an otterbox to protect your investment.
on August 23, 2011
I really like the EVO 3D for blazing fast speed and cool features. I can download and use apps within a few seconds. The video is amazing and I love the customizable interface of the phone.

However, weighing heavily against the features I like about this phone are the following (in order of magnitude):

#1 - The battery life is terrible - Even after I did all of the battery saving tricks (dimming the phone, app killers, battery saver apps, shutting down network features...etc), the battery still runs out way too quickly. I'm always trying to find a place to charge my phone and I don't use it that often.

#2 - The onscreen keypad is way too sensitive, very small, and difficult to use. I've been trying to train my fingers on the keypad, but it is difficult to use because a key will be pressed just before my finger touches the screen and the keys appear very narrow.

#3 - USB on the side of the phone. This wasn't an issue when I first started using the phone, but now I find it increasingly annoying because I find it necessary to be plugged in so frequently (see issue #1 above).

#4 - The speaker is very weak on high volume. For turn by turn directions I could barely hear the voice navigation over the engine noise.

Unfortunately if I can't find a good enough fix for the battery life issue, this will be a deal breaker and I will return the phone. Because what's the point of having this phone if the battery is constantly going dead?
on December 3, 2011
This phone has many excellent traits that help to push it ahead of many others in its class. The screen is quite responsive and feels nice, in my opinion, and the phone, with its dual-core processor, is quite snappy. The internet (quality) is good, and I find that Dolphin HD browser works the best on it. The camera is a wonder in itself: I usually don't care about the phone camera, but the 3D in this phone is amazing. If you can get a perfect shot, it truly will make objects pop out at you. The 2D is also quite nice, though, and a 5mp camera seems fine to me. The phone actually seems pretty sturdy to me: it's light, which is good, so when I put on a plastic, durable case it isn't too heavy. Swype works well on this phone and I am not missing my previous physical keyboard.
Problems:
A few days ago the camera was being weird and had many green vertical lines all over it. I removed the battery and the problem was fixed, however.
When I first got the phone, the battery life was dreadful, but it has since gotten better, surprisingly being at half battery when I go to sleep after a day of surfing, texting, and listening to music while also watching a youtube video or two.
Not many other flaws.
on August 25, 2014
Delivery on time but the product is not as described, the camera does not work should report failures that have used equipment for the buyer takes into account when bidding on a product used and damaged.
on February 20, 2012
Well I got the EVO 3d from amazon wireless and it rocks . First off all I have to say Amazon is the best. I got this phone for 1 cent on there sale day. First off the phone is smooth and fast .It also has a good CPU and gpu so it games well. The phone to the ear works very well and the features of the phone are nice. The 3d is pretty cool too. The speaker phone could be a little louder but its tolerable and I got a huge aftermarket 3400mah battery because the stock one doesn't last long . I had a tmobile galaxy s 2 and this phone has the same specs minus the CPU such is just a little slower. Sprints service isn't bad there internet is the only unlimited so went with them. There 4g is a bit shaddy but I guess you can't have it all.
on February 25, 2012
I went back and forth doing research until I decided on the evo 3D. I'm very happy with my purchase. I've had it since launch week and I've had no problems. I love how fast it is, I love how customizable it is, I love I have unlimited data. The battery life was bad at first, but it just takes a little getting used to and optimizing your settings, now I can go 24+ hrs without charging. It's full of useless apps sprint puts on it, but those won't get on your way. The 3D is cool, but I have not used it after the first month, but still cool to show off to my iphone owning friends!

You can't go wrong with this phone. PS we are getting ICS soon!
on July 27, 2011
I've been with traditional phones for over 15 years...and finally had the desire for a smart phone due to enjoy a lot of fun from listening K-pop music stuff!! I'd so glad to have this phone to be my first smartphone ever!!! It could broadcast songs from my favorite music sites...although not all of them, but neither on other phones!! To be a brand new smartphone beginner like me, I can figure out the funtions just after 2 to 3 days, and made my own configuration of the screens and functions. I was confused by buying a HTC 4G or EVO 3D for my need of listening the music, because the sound from 4G is really lounder than 3D... But if I use the earphone or just listen it from my car, I am satisfied with the performance. The other thing and the most important thing to me is the battery life, so I think to go for 3D do giving me a more satisfied one than 4G. I don't expect to bring an extra battery just for a need of a day under regular phone and internet usage while not accessable to the car charger or outputs... =D
on July 13, 2011
Thats right, as of right now, this is the best phone on the market. I will spare you the long drawn out dribble, so here are a few points to consider. You are probably tossing between this or iphone 4.

- 3D is just awesome. Taking pics and video is great. The gaming and movie experience is 2nd to none (for phones).
- I dont believe iphone gives insurance now, this phone does.
- Does EVERYTHING!!!! 4g, wifi, hotspot, wireless modem, bluetooth, gps etc... too numerous to mention.
- iphone is good, but you are not getting the value-per-feature, EVO 4g 3D ....gives much more for the price.

iphone 4 lacks most of the features found on the EVO3D4G, iphone may come out with another phone, but nobody knows when. If they do, what features will ot have?? If your looking for a phone now...EVO3D4G is the way to go.

I've had this phone for a few weeks and love it. I still use iphone for app. development, but the EVO is the main tool in my belt.

In the end, its just a smart-phone, and they all do BASICALLY the same thing, but some are sexier than others. Right now...EVO3D4G is where its at.
on October 13, 2011
Cons...
no kickstand but for 15 bucks I got a case that included this.
Some people don't like Sprint network quality
You have to pay 10 bucks a month more for 4g, even if you don't use it.

Pros: Where to start...

3d camera!
3d video camera!
Dual Core processor!
Webcam!
Android!
Dedicated camera button!
Huge, responsive screen!

I had the iphone 4 when it first came out... I was disappointed (webcam only with wifi, didn't like iphone OS, no 4G) and switched to evo 4G and never looked back. The Evo 3d is just an upgraded Evo 4g... Best phone thus far
on December 1, 2012
Great phone, design and caracteristic, it is very fast and great touchscreen resolution. Only one thing, theoretically it works with GSM but, a bougth one last black friday and it is not, some of them are only CDMA phone, so I can not use in my country. So check first what type of conection need because the description doesn't have.