Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Martha Stewart Crafts Diamond Rings Punch all Over the Page
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon November 17, 2011
This punch caught my eye the moment I saw it. The design is really beautiful and elegant. When I finally saw it at Michael's it was a good deal with a 40% off coupon, otherwise I would have ordered it eventually from Amazon.

Don't try using flimsy paper with this punch, it may get stuck. Also, while the magnets align the stamp correctly most of the time, they can also push the paper about a little, so always check your alignment before you push down. And if it doesn't go smoothly, don't force it or the bottom plate will jam hopelessly. That's why I gave it only four stars, because that happened with the first punch after seven punches and I had to exchange it. The second one works fine so far.

The other thing you need to be vigilant about is to periodically sharpen and lubricate the punch. You punch through aluminum foil (and then pick out the pieces with a toothpick or other narrow object) and then through wax paper. The punch will work beautiful again. I find that if I do that after about 20 punches I don't have any issues.

While in general I detest seeing MS popping up all over the place, I have to admit that I really like the designs offered by MS punches although about 5% have been duds and needed exchanging. Keep that in mind when ordering online: don't toss the box and packing out until you know for sure that you have a good stamp.
44 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 8, 2012
The punch is great for regular paper, but when using card stock it leaves the corners bent and not properly cut. After a few uses the spring within the punch breaks and it's so sealed it can't be opened to fix it. I've bought several of these punches, but in the long run I feel they are over priced and faulty. It's far better to use a machine like Spellbinders or Cuttlebug with dies.
on February 1, 2015
Was very excited at first. Love the pattern it makes. Was going to use it for decorations for my wedding but by the 6th page (200 punches) it stopped working. I am using 80lb card stock so it's not even that heavy. First the punch wasn't going all the way through (like it was getting dull) and I had to pull some of the pieces out manually. Then the punch got completely stuck in the paper. Very disappointed.
review image review image review image
on September 10, 2012
Worked like a charm! It works great and is very neat looking when you use the punch. I didn't want it for scrapbooking but to make star holes in our blackout shades, so little stars twinkled through, and it worked perfectly for it.
on December 4, 2012
I already have one of these that I use all the time, but I seemed it was getting dull. I purchased the new one and it doesn't work at all I can even get it cut through plain paper, so forget card stock.

I was very disappointed. I would have sent it back, but I damaged the box opening it.
on November 15, 2012
I loooove this punch. I love the design, I love that it has patterns printed on the bottom plate that you can use to make the design repeat into a larger design. Just align the punched part with the printing and, voila!, you have 2 or 3 or however many perfectly aligned punch-outs.
on March 2, 2014
This punch requires that you line the top piece (shown in photo) up with a magnetic bottom piece. True- you can position it anywhere on the paper.. but the strength f the magnets snap so strongly between each other, that it is difficult to position this punch without some strong arm moving around.. I also find that the punch bends or mars card stock.. it may leave a crease or wrinkle off the heart, towards the edges of the punch.

Had I of realized this was a two piece punch, I would not have purchased.
on March 17, 2012
Very nice punch; blade is sharp as well. The punch separates into 2 pieces, top and bottom, which allows one to place the punch anywhere on the paper, regardless of the paper's size. Once the base is placed, the top portion is secured to the bottom piece by strong magnets. Cool punch!
on December 18, 2012
My 5 year old daughter wanted a Repunzel Bday party, so we wanted to make our own invites. I searched online, found the Martha Stewart Repunzel Invitation Guide, which on the front cover features this punch ....it is made to look like her window. It worked great! The people that rated this punch poorly apparently didn't read the directions because there is one corner of the punch that has to line up for the magnets to snap together. It is very simple, and we had not slipping or problems like some other people had. I'm glad I purchased it for this project as well as to have for others.
on February 3, 2012
Wonderful tool. My grandchildren are enjoying this even the four year old. I thought because if its size and heaviness that it would require more strength than she would have. But it's simple to get In position, due to the strong magnets that hold the two parts in the correct place, and she can use her weight to make the cut. Glad I purchased it.