on October 26, 2012
I've been shopping around to try to find a decent WYOB body briefer. I wear a 36G bra, so ones with the bra built in are pretty much not an option, and because my chest is large, it often makes the straps on the WYOB shapewear dig into my underarms something fierce. The design of this briefer is so much better in that area than any other shapewear I've tried, by far. The straps are also nice and wide, and padded, so they're pretty comfortable.

So far as the sizing goes, I'm 5'9" and currently 200lbs with an approximately 37" waist, and the large fits fine, even though I should be at least an XL, even XXL, according to their size chart. I could go for a little more length in the torso and a little less stretch horizontally, but I know I have an unusual body type and don't expect to ever find something perfect.

Ultimately, I'm generally a really stingy person, and I've bought more than one of these to wear all the time. It's definitely worth it.
on February 13, 2013
I had been using the Spanx higher power brief for a couple months. I have had four kids and needed something that just smoothed out my middle area. I have a very large bust and no butt plus I'm only 5ft 3in so I'm a little on the short side. The Spanx looked great but I felt like I couldn't breathe at all. It was also difficult to use the bathroom while wearing it. Not to mention that I felt like it was always going to fall down and was afraid my bra line/top of the brief line was going to show through my shirts.

This Flexees Wear Your Own Bra romper is wonderful. I spend quite a bit of money on really good supportive bras so I'm glad I can easily wear them with this. The fabric is much softer and the straps are very comfortable. No digging into the shoulder and they don't show through on shirts. I weight 160 lbs and ordered the XXL according the the measurement chart. I'm happy with the fit and support though I might be able to go to an XL if I really wanted mega support. I'd rather get a more smoothing fit and be able to breathe than mega support and feel there is an elephant sitting on my chest. When I say smoothing I mean smoothing out of those lovely rolls. My waist appears to look very flat. It's certainly comfortable enought that I could wear it everyday and feel like I wasn't torturing myself.

I ordered this in black since my Spanx was the nude color. After trying on the new Flexees and wearing it for one hour or so, I came right back to Amazon to order it in nude as well. Also I would like to add that I'm a pretty thrifty shopper so for me to spend this much money on a product twice- I think that speaks for itself. Love this product.

I will update this review after I've worn it with light color to see if it shows through or not.
on December 2, 2013
I've been using this shaper for a few months now. This romper shaper is by far the most comfortable along my torso than many shapers I've tried. I have a shorter torso so high waisted shaper briefs tend to fit wrong. I'm 5'4", small build, size 4/6. I specifically have some jiggle around my midsection from medication included weight gain that has changed my shape and made dresses I wear for work fit in less flattering ways. Shapers have helped to smooth bulges and given me more confidence as these changes to my body have occurred.

For this shaper-

Pros:
1. The fit was as comfortable as a shaper can be. Firm control from bra-line to hips. The shaper is firm, but allows movement without making it hard to breathe when sitting or event rushing about all day.
2. The firm control lasted well throughout the day. Some shapers I've tried have stretched a bit as the day went on.
3. The hook and eye closures at the crotch were not too difficult to open and close for bathroom breaks.
4. Being able to wear my own bra was great. I imagine this helps women of very different shapes and sizes feel more comfortable and well supported up top.
5. The edges of the shaper at the upper thigh did not cause a line. I wore thicker business wear dresses and even light cotton sun dresses.
6. After months of regular usage and washing, the fabric and stretch has maintained well. I expect this shaper will maintain quality over a good lifespan (1-2 yrs).

Cons:
1. The straps tended to slide out a bit and showed a little when I wore a sheath dress.
2. As with most shapers, the extra layer did cause a little more sweating. The sweating was not extreme, but is a good thing to consider when choosing what to wear with it.

Overall, this is the best shaper I've tried. I would buy it again and recommend it to friends. The price is great for the quality and I am very pleased with my purchase. The only reason this is a 4 star rating is the strap issue. I may try the adjustable thinner strap from Flexees to see how it works for dresses with cuts that expose more shoulder or have thinner straps.
on February 25, 2015
great shapewear to give the illusion of a very curvey body when you wear it and can be used 24/7, but wouldn't recommend it as a something to mold your waist into being smaller. However, its still great to use with your own bra, like I do, and I think its an items worth buying.

Oh I forgot to mention that it has hook closures in the crotch area, like a bra does, for easy remove when a girl really has to go use the restroom ; )
review image review image review image
on February 10, 2014
This is my first piece of shapewear, and I'm finding it just as expected. Other reviews say it holds in only as firmly as a swimsuit, and while I agree that it's no corset, I get several inches of reduction on my belly (most of my chub is on my belly). I'm 5'6", 175 pounds, and I ordered the extra large size. The bit between the legs that you undo to go to the bathroom is quite like a bra hook and definitely has a learning curve to operate down there, but it does catch firmly once you get it lined up. It washes well. I will get something a little firmer in the future, but this is a good beginner/relaxed piece. My only complaint, truly, is that the straps are pretty wide and make me realize how many deep-v t-shirts I have. They definitely show in most tops other than crew necks or button-ups.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Those are my favorite.
review image
on January 11, 2014
Nice fit. No binding or rolling. Retro ish due to the low leg cut- I really like that I can wear it with a knit or jersy dress and not have VPL. I'm 5'5", 36 DDD, hourglass and find that wearing my bra over it instead of under works best.
on June 28, 2014
Here's the thing - I really wanted to like this product. I put it on and it was soooo comfortable, and really did exactly what it said it would - flattened my tummy. BUT it also gives you literally the worse panty lines. Like, a GIANT indent between my butt and thighs. It made it completely unwearable under anything other than an incredibly flow-y dress. I returned it. I was just so confused - if you've got enough of a belly to be purchasing this, doesn't it stand to reason that your tush might be a little flabby as well?
on May 6, 2014
I loved the support of this body piece but the butt is a pain in the butt! It needs to be either larger or more flexable. I have to be careful what pants I wear because there will be underwear lines. I bought this after a tummy tuck for support. I wanted the one piece because I didn't want the bottom to roll up and settle on my scars (which others have). It gave me the support I needed to heal but the butt... well you know!
on February 5, 2015
I got this in the mail yesterday and have been wearing it all day today. (Since 7:30am and it's now 7:20pm.)

First, the things I don't like about it:

The straps roll just a bit right above my bra on both sides. They don't roll on the top of my shoulders, though, and they're very comfortable up there.

The straps rub my arm/armpit uncomfortably above my bra on both sides. My skin is a bit red there now.

The things I like:

Overall, it's comfortable. As I said, I've been wearing it for nearly 12 hours and I don't have the urge to yank it off any time soon, even though I've been home for a few hours.

It fits exactly how I'd like it to - snug, offers support, but doesn't make it hard to breathe. As others have said, if you're expecting to lose weight with this, it won't happen, but it does really, really help with muffin topping and back rolls. Think of it as something that slightly trims, rather than performs liposuction. :-)

I love that it's full body - over the shoulders, under the crotch. I HATE it when things like this roll up!

I spent a lot of time reading reviews and didn't find any that match my body description, so for those of you who are built like me, here's my info: 5'8 1/2", 180lbs. I bought the XL and am very happy with how it fits. I wear a size 12/14 pant and 36B bra. I gain weight in my midsection/trunk/torso and not my legs or chest. (Lamentably. :-))

Because I don't gain weight in my legs, I have no problem with the panty line that others have mentioned. (It's not visible.) If you carry your weight the same way I do, you'll probably be just fine with this.

I love how it feels under clothes. My clothes stick to it by just the right amount - not very much, but enough where things aren't sliding all over the place. This helps reduce cling, especially in the back where unsightly rolls happen.

Also, I had no problem opening and closing the hooks at the crotch from the get-go.

The only reason I'm giving it four instead of five stars is because I wish it were adjustable on the top too. The crotch has two lengths for adjustments, but the shoulder area has none. The reason I'm having rolling and rubbing there is probably because I don't gain weight in the top of my body. And the reason they probably don't make it adjustable is because it would compromise the strength of the romper. If that's the case, it probably won't ever be adjustable around the shoulders. :-)

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations