Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on October 27, 2011
I recently purchased 2 of these Olympus X-43 compact digital cameras on sale, one of which I was attending to take on vacation to replace an older Fuji compact digital camera had been acting up recently. It has a decent 5X optical zoom on it, a good plus & looks pretty attractive. That is where the good news ends. After getting the first Olympus camera set up and taking experimental pictures inside and outside, I noticed picture quality was poor on the camera using AUTO mode. I fiddled with some of the manual adjustments and no picture quality improvement seen. So, I tried the second one I got and it was the same thing, took bad photos. I took my other compact digital camera that I still had [a Fuji] and took the exact same picture with the Olympus X-43 and the Fuji compact camera, used AUTO mode on both cameras. It was clearly and easily seen that the Fuji always took better photos inside and outside compared to the Olympus X-43 camera. So, I got a new Fuji to replace the Olympus X-43 pronto. The Olympus camera is easy to use and set up for the most part and taking general pictures or videos is fairly easy but the picture quality consistently was crappy. Video quality is decent tho and I will just use the Olympus digital camera for video purposes for now.I wish I could recommend this basic Olympus X-43 digital camera, but I cannot.
on October 29, 2011
I got this on the 17th of october and today I took it on a trip and when I returned to look at the pictures there was a huge area of dead pixels on the screen and i've had it only 6 days! I hope I can return it.