Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Cyber Monday Deals Week Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer mithc mithc mithc  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on bgg

on August 4, 2013
I purchased 2 of these and had them in a custom ported box powered by my Hifonics Brutus BRX2000.1d amp. I broke in the subs well, at least 30 hours only turned a quarter of the way up for about a month. Then I started bumping them. Sure they sounded GREAT but they is no way they can consistently handle 1000w RMS each. I had them wired down to one ohm and the amp pushed 2000w RMS. Blew the voice coils about 2 weeks later. Then since I purchased the subs on Amazon, Pioneer wouldn't consider a warranty on my subs. Apparently if you don't purchase Pioneer products from an authorized dealer (Amazon is not an auth dealer) then the warranty is VOID. I've since then switched to Rockford T1's. Only rated at 800w RMS but are handling my 1000w RMS to each sub very nice now for about 5 months and sound a whole lot better. Anyways, I hope this helps.
on February 10, 2012
if u like bass , ul like this but u will need to push it with at least 1000 watts .and one will rock u i got two and it knocked my rear view mirror off .. the price is i guess decent. it has good reviews ,good specs ,it sure can handle abuse from more power , might not to be to good of an idea to run less than 1000 w for to long but you will be pleased , oh and pioneer been around for years like 70 so compared to fosgate and power acoustik , hifonics i would go with this sub over them for the price ....
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2014
I have this wired down to 2 ohms and for the $95 I paid it is well worth it... I was lookin to expand and get two but they went to$270 but this thing tares my extended cab apart. I highly recommend the planet audio ac1500.1 m with this sub
on March 15, 2014
This sub is not worth the money by any means. It doesn't hit hard, get low, or even loud. It just moves air. I would highly recommend an Alpine Type R over this. Or if you have the money id recommend an IDMAX 12.
on January 7, 2012
I'm only powering this sub with a 500W RMS channel from a Cadence F100-5 amplifier. And still, it produces HUGE amounts of seat-bumping power. I have the sub in a small enclosure (.8 ft.^3), in the rear of an open-air hatchback vehicle (Subaru Outback, '03). In spite of this less-than-optimal configuration, it'll still blow away anyone inside. Easily has enough power to hurt your ears and shake the vehicle, and the sub is rated for much more than what I'm feeding him. Very pleased with this purchase.

Also, NOTE: This subwoofer is over 9 inches deep. You will be hard pressed to find an enclosure with a small volume which he'll fit in. I chose a smaller volume because of the open interior of my vehicle - I wanted the bass as tight as I could get it. For those with enclosed trunks, this probably won't be an issue for you - you can use larger, ported enclosures, and have a similar result.