Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on March 27, 2013
I had twelve burned out G4 bulbs in one of my wife's display cabinets. After much prodding from my wife, I ordered one of these sets of 20 bulbs. The price was remarkably low, about 60 cents per bulb (compared to something like $5 each from the local Home Depot).

I was a bit apprehensive as to whether I'd be getting a lot of duds - after all, you get what you pay for, right? But I went ahead and replaced all 12 bulbs, and lo and behold, every last one worked just fine. They get turned on a couple times a day, but after two months none of the replacements seem to have burned out.

Pros: inexpensive, haven't found any duds in the pack. Packaging was quite serviceable.
Cons: nothing much comes to mind. A few rough edges on the glass, but really this is just a quibble.
on December 5, 2013
Used these to replace burned out bulbs in Ikea 'GRUNDTAL Spotlight' under-counter lights.

Price was great, arrived on time, they fit fine and appear to work ok (changed them a couple weeks ago)... no complaints there. (Be careful to follow the instructions and not touch the bulb with your fingers - that may be the cause of the short life that some reviewers mentioned.)

However, when compared to the output of the lights that still have the original bulbs, I agree with the other reviews that said that they are not as bright (I'd say about 65-75% ?) and not as white (they cast an orange/yellow tint).

They were easy (and better than burned out lamps! -smile- ), but I'll probably look around for something bright/whiter. If you wanted something a little less bright than what you had before, then this would be great.

[update]
The dimmer bulbs were just too dim for my kitchen. At the recommendation of another review, I bought the bulbs listed by CBconcept. 10 pcs JC 12v G4 10W Halogen Light bulbs

Half as many bulbs for about a dollar less than this brand... not as good a deal, but we're still only talking (at time of post) under $6 for 10 bulbs. The other review here was correct - the CBconcept bulbs were much brighter than these (I'd say about 90-95% of the original IKEA). So for my application, I've pulled these bulbs and replaced them with the ones from CBconcepts.

I only have need for 6 bulbs, and the originals lasted a couple of years... so for me (wanting a brighter light and not needing many bulbs), it's an easy choice to go with the bulbs from CBconcepts.

If you don't mind (or would prefer) a less bright light, or you need A LOT of bulbs, then I still think these bulbs are a great buy.
on September 5, 2013
Normally light bulbs like these can be quite pricey in retail packages. These are about the same quality as far as I can tell while cost just a fraction of the price.
on February 11, 2015
I have 14 low voltage lights and some of these last only a week, while others have lasted two months and are still going strong; however, Amazon pricing, $8.00 - $9.00 for 20 bulbs beats the hell out of Lowe's and Home Depot's pricing: $5.98 for 1 light bulb, REALLY?!

Halogen light bulbs do not like the oils from your hands; therefore, you might consider using cotton gloves when installing these light bulbs to improve their longevity
on September 24, 2013
Excellent bulb for the price. I was very pleased with the number of bulbs and the quality of the items. Each worked perfectly and I am sincerely happy that I purchased them from this vendor. I've already ordered more......
on June 22, 2014
These bulbs aren't as bright as the GE brand where they are sold in Walmart i.e. I replaced one burn bulb on my Ikea under cabinet lamp & you can see that the GE are more stronger & brighter too.The price is hard to beat especially when a single G4 bulb is more then $4/bulb at Walmart.
on February 25, 2015
I guess you get what you pay for...I have 30 landscape lights and I installed these bulbs in all of them. I had 5 fail in the first week and another 3 failed two weeks later. At this rate, I will be surprised if any of them last for 60 days.
on March 4, 2015
They burn out FAST! bought these to use in my Ikea Grundtal puck lights and they burn out every couple of days. They are cheap(Ish) and the light they put out is ok. But honestly, you can do much better.
on November 16, 2012
We have had our undercabinet lights (pucks) for about 10 years. We have almost 4 sets of them connected to switched 120v cabinet outlets. These replacement bulbs have been a great find because of pricing. The cost of these bulbs have gone up to about $7 per bulb at the big blue and orange stores. I was able to buy 20 of these bulbs, including shipping, for just slightly more than the cost of ONE BULB bought locally!!! 10w halogen bulbs typically don't last as long as advertised. Out of my 18 fixtures, I am changing several every month or so. For that reason, I have attempted LED conversion but that was unsuccessful (not bright enough). So for the money, I don't mind if the bulbs don't last very long, and that appears to be a tendency with the small 10w halogens anyway. In all fairness, it is hard to remember out of 18 fixtures, the last time I changed a particular bulb, so I can't say that they fail too fast. We burn these bulbs at least 8 hours per day! So getting only a year out of them does add up to the 3000 hour life expectancy. So in this order, my cost with shipping averaged $0.44 per bulb, that is outstanding! As long as these bulbs are available at this price, I don't mind that they only last a year when burned 8+ hours per day!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2015
These burn out very quickly. I am sad, alone and in the dark. I have gone through all my replacement bulbs and there is no hope that I can see, because it is dark. Oh so dark