Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on November 14, 2009
I've probably tried 15 different brands/types of boxers and briefs in the last 10 years. I've come to these conclusions in that process:

- I don't like boxers, no support.
- Don't need a fly, never use it.
- Don't like tags, they itch.
- The "fashion" brands, fit too tight.
- Waistbands if done incorrectly, feel awkward.

I just want a comfortable brief that looks decent. These are the ticket and the price is good for 6 pairs. I'm buying more today and throwing out some of the others. I think all my hard work has culminated in this. Oh, isn't life grand? :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 30, 2010
These Sports briefs are both comfortable and stylish. They are made from 100% cotton that feels so comfortably soft. The 'breathable' cotton material is cool and absorbent, keeping me comfortable even after a light gym workout!

These sports briefs are sold in packs of 6. Each pack has an even assortment of dark and light solid colors, as well as a couple of 'sexy' stripes! ... That's how I was advised to describe these stripe sports briefs!!! :)

JUST A TIP: If you generally purchase Men's Boxers, you need to note that the sizing is smaller for Men's Briefs & Boxer Briefs. For example: In Men's Boxers, Medium (M) Size is 34 - 36 while in Men's Briefs & Boxer Briefs, Medium (M) Size is 32 - 34.

To access the 'HANES SIZING CHART', click on 'See Sizing Information' in the 'Select Size' box.

Definitely 5 STARS for these all cotton Hanes briefs!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2009
My husband loves those and we are unable to find them in the stores any more. We made sure to order a few back ups in case they discontinue those. Good support. The elastic is comfortable. They now make them tag free. And it looks good on him!
on September 1, 2011
I've always worn briefs, and prefer something soft and light, that's not too skimpy, but also doesn't ride up too high. I've worn a number of brands over the years, most of which were just fine. In the past few years, however, it's been increasingly difficult to get my hands on these classic briefs. The last brand I bought ended up being much tighter and with an obnoxiously thick elastic waistband. So imagine my excitement to find that these are just like my old favorites. They fit perfectly with plenty of room and stretch to accommodate your goods, whether you're small, medium, or liar. And the elastic band is very unobtrusive, so I don't feel like I've got a big tight rubber band around my waist. After trying a pack, I bought 4 more to archive, lest this style goes extinct someday.
on January 21, 2013
After ordering these first as an initial trial, I've gone on and stocked up with the recent "stock up" sale. I'm a middle aged woman, and these are not for my husband, they're for me! He prefers "tighty whities" anyway. (All the better, since there's no way we can get our undies mixed up!)

I'd been buying similar cut men's sport briefs from the wholesale club for many years. They were even slightly "briefer", but not by much. Then, those suddenly just disappeared from the shelves. I kept thinking (wishfully) that they were only out of stock every time I looked for them. But finally, I had to resort to searching online for replacements, and these Hanes were what I came up with. Pity that they're more expensive than what the wholesale club ones were going for (about $11 for a six-pack). But they will do.

Why men's undies? Reason No, 1: Construction. Though I haven't had time to really evaluate the Hanes yet, they're all cotton and I see that they are double-stitched and have the elastic covered all around, which are all essential features in my book. Hopefully, they will have some decent longevity that befits their brand name, as well. If they begin falling apart after a couple washings, as did the last women's underwear I got in a six-pack that were only single-stitched but cost more, I will come back and let the readers know! But right out of the package, it seems that whoever placed the tiny round "Inspected By" stickers inside was doing their job well, as I found no flaws in either materials or workmanship in 30 pairs.

Reason No. 2: Price. To get anything remotely well-made in a woman's brief, you pay a whole lot more, as in many times more per unit. The good ones don't even come in multiple packs, except sometimes 2-packs. And why spend the money? It's only underwear, so who cares? From my experience, dollar for dollar, men's underwear is better made and lasts way longer than women's. Sad, but true.

But, I'm not lamenting for myself. Because of Reason No. 3: Looks and other features. These both fit and look fine on me. (I am 5'4" and weigh 135 lbs, and bought size Small.) I thought the ostentatious brand tag in front was a little much when viewing them in the pictures, but practically speaking, it beats having a tag inside, where it can be scratchy and uncomfortable. For anyone still casting a dubious eye, there's absolutely nothing about these Hanes Sport Briefs, except, perhaps, that tag (which can be removed if you insist) that screams "mens undies" when placed on a female body. After all, It's just a couple pieces of cloth sewed together! I had to laugh when I read the term "manties" in other reviews - I never heard that one before! And also, being a jeans and teeshirt kind of gal, I really do prefer my underwear to have dark, subdued colors and simple stripes over loud colors or pastels and/or attention-craving patterns. Since we get no color choice here, choosing these Hanes was a no-brainer. Out of the 5 packs I purchased, I did get three pair that are fire-engine red, which I would never have picked for myself, but those are the odds, I guess. I'll live with it. It's not worth complaining about or reducing my rating by a star. I'll take solace in the fact that they're not pink or neon green!

All in all, though I can't believe I'm the only woman buying these for herself, I'm very satisfied, and am giving them 5 stars!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2011
These are the epitome of Manties. Thats a contraction for Man Panties for you nubes.

These are pretty loose, and truly sized. So get whatever size you wear in blues jeans. The ass isn't baggy, and the rise is very low. You'll never see these manties creeping up to your belly button.

The colors are pretty bland, but hey...these are cheap. I prefer these over the tighter, more expensive tightly fitting man panties that seem to be so popular among the gays.

I prefer manties over boxers when I'm wearing jeans or dress pants, especially if I'm going to tuck in my shirt. However, during the summer, boxers are much more breezy and feel better in the heat when wearing shorts.

These hanes man panties are very soft, very light, very thin, and very comfortable. They also have just enough structure to make it look like an invisible hand is cupping your junk to make it pop out and look prideful.

If you haven't tried 'em, get a set. You'll probably end up coming back for more.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2009
OK, so I'm a briefs kinda guy. And, if you prefer briefs, I can recommend the men's Hanes Classic Sport Briefs to you. I've been using this product for a number of years now and have found them to offer good support, comfort and durability. What more do you want from your underwear?
on October 3, 2012
The colors of this six pack were just what was pictured. However there is NO "double-layer countour pouch." It is only one layer thick. I should also point out that the fabric is quite thin.
on January 29, 2011
I've been ordering underwear from International Male for years and wanted to find a more affordable alternative with comparable quality. The Hanes Classic Sport Brief 6-Pack Underwear is comfortable and true to size, offering six difference color choices to cover nearly every day of the week.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 22, 2010
Great product - everything unders should be - comfortable, supportive, high quality, good looking, and cool, breathable, 100% cotton! Buy em!