Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on June 13, 2013
I had a $400 Ipod break on me. I will tell you what Sony got right that Mac did not.

-No DRM's! play whatever the hell you want, so long as its in mp3 format.

-Flash Drive function. Drag and drop things to and from this device to another, at will. Apple has a team of scientists, engineers and programmers working hard to prevent you from doing anything like this with an Ipod. Although, I never undestood why.

-Lower Cost. When is the last time you bought an Ipod for less than $100 with this amount of features? Unless your answer was "back in Honk Kong" or " bought one hot", then probably never.

-No Auto syncing, means you wont ruin your library by accident the next time you plug this into the next computer you meet.

-Battery Life. The Sony Walkman mp3 player just keeps going and going.. This thing has amazing longevity. Over 20 hours on one charging.

-Reliablity. I bought this years ago and it still works fine. I cannot say the same for my Ipod.

-Bonus. Going against the grain of every smug, brain dead, conformist, hipster tool on Apple's jock that values marketing and style over function and substance.

The bottom line is that if you want an affordable and reliable mp3 player that is as easy to use as a flash drive and has the battery life to outlast any road trip or party you can throw at it, look no further. Get yourself one today!
on August 18, 2012
I really can't add any details about this little gem that haven't already been chronicled by others here. But this MP3 player is good enough I can't let it go without putting in a good word about it. And the bottom line is that unless you need a larger screen or you're stuck on Apple's iPod just for the name, you would do well to get yourself one of these. I've only used it for music playback and FM radio so far, and at these things, the Walkman excels beyond my expectations. I bought a factory refurbished unit for just $25 and I can say without hesitation that it's worth every penny of what a brand new one would cost. The sound quality is incredibility good, it has all the functions I want and then some, and it's very durable.....speaking of which, my first use of this involved jerking it out of a cup holder on a treadmill, dropping it hard on the moving belt, which promptly shot it off the back of the treadmill against a steel post. And it still works as if it were straight out of the box. Get one. I have no doubt that you'll be as impressed as I am.
on December 24, 2011
I bought this mp3 player to replace my iPod Nano, and have been pleased with the product. The earbuds that it comes with sound excellent and are very noise-cancelling.

Although you can use Windows Media Player to sync the Walkman, I recommend downloading the pre-loaded software to your computer--it's basically a different version of iTunes that organizes your music, videos, and pictures and allows you to select what to put on your Walkman.

The screens on the Walkman are easy to see, well organized, and simple to navigate.

You should note though, that after you delete preloaded music, etc, the Walkman has 3gb of useable memory.

Overall, a great product. As good as my old iPod, and just a little more than half the price.
on August 17, 2012
Seriously, this is the best MP3 player I have ever had. Needed to replace my lost Samsung, and couldnt aford a new device, but found this used from RockerJakes at a price I could afford. Arrived on time with the charge cord, a sony set of earbuds, and FULLY charged already. Took me 3 minutes to load my music and I was listening to it right away! Have used this every day while working, walking the dog, and working out. Have not had one issue. loading my songs was simple and easy. I bought an armband and some skullcandy earbuds to go with my new (used) MP3 player, everything works great. There were a few little scratches on the display, nothing I couldnt buff out, for a used device this was a steal as far as I am concerned. I like having the photo album, alarm clock, and podcast files too. The selection disk is NOT a wheel, and does not work like ipod wheels. for me I like the way the controlls are set up, and menues are easy to navigate. This device is really thin, like thinner than my cell phone. That makes wearing it on the armband very comfortible and low prifile, the whole thing hides inside my short sleeve shirt.
I would definitly recommend this sony MP3 device.

Skullcandy S2INCZ-033 INK'd Earbuds - Black
Gym Running Sport Armband Case Compatible With iPhone® 4 4G OS4 IOS4 iPhone® 4S AT&T, Sprint, Version 16GB 32GB 64GB
on March 20, 2013
I love this player. the screen is clear, the controls are clear and easy.It's nearly perfect.
I have two beefs....
1. It comes on too easily after you've powered it down. I feel like saying "down boy!" and "stay down". I don't understand this...is it a feature or a flaw?
2. Cases for it are ridiculously expensive. It has no clip, so you need a case if you don't want to hold it in your hand while you're exercising. I solved this problem by buying a case with a clipboard at a dollar store. Boring looking, but it works.
on September 26, 2013
I use this a lot and I like the product but my only complaint is that I have tried repeatedly to remove songs that I no longer want, and it seems that even though they appear to have been removed successfully they still show up on the device when I use it. At this point I'm not really sure what I can do to fix this. Otherwise, the Walkman works great and does everything else that I want it to do.
on June 1, 2013
I use this almost exclusively for playing podcasts and it does that fine. One quirk that is extremely annoying, though, is its On/Off switch. It is very easy to switch on in a pocket or backpack and run the battery down. It is also easy to activate a function while in use and have it jump to the next mp3 or to the menu. For songs that would be only slightly annoying, but for a 2 hour podcast, having to find your place again is not fun. The workaround is to always use the Hold switch on the side when on or off. However, that makes it hard to change the volume or pause it when you need to respond to the world around you.

There is also an annoying habit of jumping out of a podcast while off. That is, when I go to turn it on again, it has lost its place in the mp3 and is in the main menu. I can't figure out what set of circumstances causes that.
on April 14, 2013
For an inexpensive MP3 player I recommend it. Small and light for my workouts and easy to upload music. Haven't tried videos.
on January 28, 2013
I'm actually replacing my old one that I lost. I had the other one for a year and it worked just great everytime, the quality of the headphones and the bass sound makes you feel the songs. I like the friendly navigation, no annoying softwares are required, just plug it to your computer and start copying files.

I can't think on anything wrong about this product, if you need more capacity you can get it too, so all in all, a great product.
on December 30, 2013
Lucky I got this when I did, since it is now discontinued and hard to get. Due to the fact that I have used different brands in the past and can be picky about what I get, this is awesome! Very easy to use. Even though it is small, it feels kind of dense. This ISN'T a problem, just an observation. Fits inside my armband for workouts and delivers amazing sound. I am now a fan of these and will, if it every gives out, get a newer version. Thank you Amazon and Sony! Helps my workout for sure!!