Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

Size: 1.1x6.7x2.4Color: Sky BlueChange

on July 23, 2012
I don't typically write reviews but I was so happy with these headphones that I simply had to share my thoughts with you all!

First of all, I have a set of Klipsch S4 headphones that I absolutely love but I didn't want to keep using them for workouts. These don't quite have the noise isolation as the S4's but they are pretty damn near! The bass on these things is amazing! And they STAY put like no other headphones I've ever owned.

If anything I would like the cord to be a bit longer but that can easily be fixed with an extension...other than that these are great headphones!

I'm sorry if I'm not very technical about my review but I'm not very acoustic savvy...I just think these things are amazing!
on February 24, 2012
My lovely girlfriend was dissatisfied with her "Apple iPod Buds" because they kept falling out of her ears when she was doing school work and other things while listening to music. I found a set of these on Bestbuy for $9, and promptly ordered them via in-store pickup: A quick demo in the car on our way to dinner... Holy Mother of Life, for under $10 these sounded absolutely fantastic! They sounded as good or better than buds that cost 5-30x more.

Sound Isolation: they have great sound isolation and include three different size ear bud inserts for different sized ears.

Sound Quality: Sharp bright highs, with rounded warm mid's and well balanced bass. I honestly have a hard time believing how good these sound for this price point. Wow

Value: The best value in audio hardware I have ever run across period.

Construction Quality: Build quality is good, but they seem light/ fragile, especially the wires. That said, for this price you could pick up a pair and still spend less then you would on other buds that have less quality audio performance.

Adding even more joy, they seller on Amazon has them for under $8 with free shipping! Wow!

My package was delayed, but a quick message to the seller resolved why, and they were very friendly and responsive.

Save your money, and try these out.
on March 24, 2013
I bought these along with 4 other pairs of <$10 headphones. These ranked 5th out of the 5. It's not that they suck, but there are better headphones available in this price range. When doing my comparison I was shocked at the sound quality of cheap headphones in general. Headphone technology has come a long way in the last 30 years, and you really can get great sound for pocket change. My suggestion is to put your ten bucks toward Panasonic RPHJE120S or iLuv iEP322BLK, or try to score some Sennheiser CX150 for another $5 if you can find them on sale like I did.
on November 16, 2011
For $8, these are really awesome. And that's before the full break in. I am a quasi audiophile. I can appreciate the high end, but also aim for the point of diminishing return, where more cost doesn't equal an appreciable difference in sound quality. These are well below that point. The sound is balanced with great bass response and clarity for the $8 price tag. The angled ear piece allows for a nice ergonomic fit and seal. If you're looking to replace your nasty Apple factory ear buds with something better, get these.
on May 28, 2012
UPDATE 5 Months Later: Still going strong! No loose connections to either bud or 3.5mm connector. Still sound wonderful.

The sound from these earbuds is excellent. Great mids, moderate bass, warm sound. Audio-wise, these buds are an excellent deal. Has anyone else noticed that JVC seems to be making some pretty excellent sounding budget earbuds these days? Comfort-wise, you'll easily forget you're wearing these.

My problem: how are you supposed to remove these buds from the inside of your ears if not by pulling them out by the wire? I'm not positive yanking anything by a wire will really allow for a long lifespan. Alternatively, imagine if these buds had a short stem you could use to insert and remove.

Additionally, the headphone wire and rubberized coating are thin thin thin. Had JVC wanted to really improve this product, they would consider a fabric covered wire of a slightly higher thickness. The sound quality of these buds actually deserves a more robust connection.

In summary, you'll buy a terrific sounding earbud with a questionable method of entry and exit from your ear hole. Also, apparently these buds are anti-sweat- which is pretty cool in a headphone in this price range.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2013
It all boil's down to this! ..Folks you can led a horse to the water but you can't make it drink! these headphones for the money really know how to drink headroom and clean music even if you decide to take it up a audio notch. I have been a audiophile from the earlier days of Phase Liner, Acuphase, Macintosh, Crown, and Krell I've heard Wilson Audio, Mark Levinson, Modulus, Emotiva, Bolder and others which I've ether owned or listen to extensively. I do not by habit listen through buds or headphones but time has caught up with me and I don't always have the head set to listen to music as I use too, but I still have a critical ears.

No they are not high-end headphones or ear buds but for the price I have heard others for 20 times the dollars, in sound caparison, these little buds can put out sound pressure levels that are superior to others especially when you feed it with clean not distorted power. Buy them you want be disappointed.
on April 21, 2014
I've spent last 4+ years working on headphone/headset/earbud professionally, so I rarely write review for this type of products because of the "seen it all" mentality. This is probably the best sub-$20 value-segment earbuds on the market, beats Sony hands down. I picked up mine from Fry's for dollar-store pricing and I wasn't expecting much because it would be a throw-away type for my gym bag. The wear is comfortable and no fatigue issue for long wearing time. The sound quality is exceptional for something this cheap - energetic bass and good reproduction on the mid to high frequencies. It's certainly not your $150-$200 type of performance, but more than satisfactory, especially for the price. One thing I want to point out is the well above average workmanship on these earbuds. It's very evident that they use cost-sensitive materials but they managed to keep it looking decent. Extra plastic trim from production are trimmed/polished, so no rough edges to scratch your finger or clothes. Good buy!
on July 11, 2012
I have never been able to wear ear buds for more than a few seconds without them falling out. My ears are so small that I can't get regular ear buds in properly so they don't stay. The three different sizes for these are a great idea and the smallest size fits my ears so much better than any other ear bud I have tried! I was worried for the price that they would be cheap, fall apart, or have poor sound quality. I have had them for a little over a month now and I still really like them and love the way they sound and block out other noises. Just be careful walking/jogging near the road if you wear them ;)
on August 26, 2012
I'm not a connoisseur of sound quality -- really can't tell the difference a lot of times -- but I'm happy with how they sound and they fit! They don't fall out of my ears when I'm running the treadmill, walking, etc. I have small ears and they are the first in-ear headphones I've found that really work for me.
on September 30, 2013
I bought these based solely on the reviews on this site. And I must say I echo what has been said about them. First, they fit snugger than a bug in rug and don't fall out. Second, the sound quality is far greater than I ever imagined. I'm a big fan of the Apple EarPods (the earphones that come with new iPhone, $29 retail) and so I did a side-by-side comparison as I'm sure most people do. Wanting a song with lots of bass, I put on "Raise Your Glass" by Pink. At the same volume level they surpassed the EarPods in bass and overall range. What JVC has done right is these truly do make a "seal" to the outside world, and I think that is a big reason they sound so good. I have yet to run with them, but I'm sure they will do just fine since the fit is so good. And for $8 you can't go wrong.