Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 23, 2012
I don't typically write reviews but I was so happy with these headphones that I simply had to share my thoughts with you all!

First of all, I have a set of Klipsch S4 headphones that I absolutely love but I didn't want to keep using them for workouts. These don't quite have the noise isolation as the S4's but they are pretty damn near! The bass on these things is amazing! And they STAY put like no other headphones I've ever owned.

If anything I would like the cord to be a bit longer but that can easily be fixed with an extension...other than that these are great headphones!

I'm sorry if I'm not very technical about my review but I'm not very acoustic savvy...I just think these things are amazing!
on February 24, 2012
My lovely girlfriend was dissatisfied with her "Apple iPod Buds" because they kept falling out of her ears when she was doing school work and other things while listening to music. I found a set of these on Bestbuy for $9, and promptly ordered them via in-store pickup: A quick demo in the car on our way to dinner... Holy Mother of Life, for under $10 these sounded absolutely fantastic! They sounded as good or better than buds that cost 5-30x more.

Sound Isolation: they have great sound isolation and include three different size ear bud inserts for different sized ears.

Sound Quality: Sharp bright highs, with rounded warm mid's and well balanced bass. I honestly have a hard time believing how good these sound for this price point. Wow

Value: The best value in audio hardware I have ever run across period.

Construction Quality: Build quality is good, but they seem light/ fragile, especially the wires. That said, for this price you could pick up a pair and still spend less then you would on other buds that have less quality audio performance.

Adding even more joy, they seller on Amazon has them for under $8 with free shipping! Wow!

My package was delayed, but a quick message to the seller resolved why, and they were very friendly and responsive.

Save your money, and try these out.
on March 24, 2013
I bought these along with 4 other pairs of <$10 headphones. These ranked 5th out of the 5. It's not that they suck, but there are better headphones available in this price range. When doing my comparison I was shocked at the sound quality of cheap headphones in general. Headphone technology has come a long way in the last 30 years, and you really can get great sound for pocket change. My suggestion is to put your ten bucks toward Panasonic RPHJE120S or iLuv iEP322BLK, or try to score some Sennheiser CX150 for another $5 if you can find them on sale like I did.
on May 28, 2012
UPDATE 5 Months Later: Still going strong! No loose connections to either bud or 3.5mm connector. Still sound wonderful.

The sound from these earbuds is excellent. Great mids, moderate bass, warm sound. Audio-wise, these buds are an excellent deal. Has anyone else noticed that JVC seems to be making some pretty excellent sounding budget earbuds these days? Comfort-wise, you'll easily forget you're wearing these.

My problem: how are you supposed to remove these buds from the inside of your ears if not by pulling them out by the wire? I'm not positive yanking anything by a wire will really allow for a long lifespan. Alternatively, imagine if these buds had a short stem you could use to insert and remove.

Additionally, the headphone wire and rubberized coating are thin thin thin. Had JVC wanted to really improve this product, they would consider a fabric covered wire of a slightly higher thickness. The sound quality of these buds actually deserves a more robust connection.

In summary, you'll buy a terrific sounding earbud with a questionable method of entry and exit from your ear hole. Also, apparently these buds are anti-sweat- which is pretty cool in a headphone in this price range.
on March 29, 2016
I have mixed feelings about these. My "standard" cheap earphones are the Panasonic RPHJE120s, but since these had such good reviews, I figured I'd give them a shot. They sounded rather "sharp-edged" the first time I tried them, but after burning them in just overnight, I think the sound quality is great, maybe even just a hair better than the RPHJE120s, which I find excellent, though what I'm perceiving may just be the the higher sensitivity of these (101 vs the RPHJE120's 96 dB/mW).

The sound quality is, in fact, good enough for me to give them 4-stars overall despite the fact that I actually strongly dislike everything else about them. I think the build quality is poor: the connections at the the plug and buds are much weaker than on the RPHJE120s and while I haven't actually measured either set with a caliper, the wires feel thinner than the RPHJE120's (though it might just be that the insulation is softer.) More importantly, though, I find them incredibly hard to manipulate. I don't have "fat fingers" and am, if anything, slightly more dexterous than average, but the smooth, round barrels of the buds make them surprisingly difficult both to get them into and out of my ears. It's not that they fit any more tightly than other earbuds, it's just annoyingly difficult to get them there at all. I happen to also dislike the straight plug, but I knew about that when I bought them, so don't really hold that against them...
on November 16, 2011
For $8, these are really awesome. And that's before the full break in. I am a quasi audiophile. I can appreciate the high end, but also aim for the point of diminishing return, where more cost doesn't equal an appreciable difference in sound quality. These are well below that point. The sound is balanced with great bass response and clarity for the $8 price tag. The angled ear piece allows for a nice ergonomic fit and seal. If you're looking to replace your nasty Apple factory ear buds with something better, get these.
on April 25, 2016
I just tried these Riptidz next to a pair of highly rated Panasonic ErgoFits and the ErgoFits sounded absolutley sterile and shrill in comparison.

The bass is warm and powerful because of the large 11mm drivers and wide 10hz-20Khz freq range, while the overall tone is outstanding. Volume wise, they also "pump" with 101dB/mW so you get quantity AND quality here.. Most impressive of all is that you get it all for under six bucks too, so apparently it IS possible to have our cake and eat it too these days.

On a superficial side-note, I'm not a fan of the usual effeminate tutti-fruity "loud" neon colors that things like these are usually offered in so I'm often forced to opt for "boring and discrete black". However, JVC offers these in "man colors" lol. So, I got the olive drab green ones and they actually look, "tacticool".

Recommended? Absolutely. After hearing these I'm amazed there's even a market for $100+ headphones, so there's really no reason not to buy these if you're looking for budget ear buds. In fact, there's little reason to spend more unless you need other features (in-line mic, robust build quality, etc.) beyond just pure quality musical tone.
on March 26, 2013
Okay, so long story short, I accidentally dropped my laptop and it not only resulted in my laptop cracking around my USB ports but I forgot to remove my Apple Earpods (which I really liked, very comfortable in my little ears) from the jack and they broke. :( So I went searching for a replacement pair. Asked my boyfriend for help and then came across these.

I'm not very picky when it comes to earphones. Only three requirements: 1.) they have to actually stay in my small ears (especially when I run), 2.) I prefer them to be in-ear (for some reason it just feels better to me) rather than earphones that just sit lightly in my ears, and 3.) they have to be a good, affordable price. However, not too inexpensive because then you potentially run the risk of a cheaply made product that only lasts a few days at most. And I wanted to avoid that as I'm on a tight budget.

I find these earphones just as comfortable as my Apple earpods were, if not more, and will most likely continue buying this product. I liked the price, the various color choices and the fast shipping. I especially love the fact that these are angled. It helps them stay put and I don't feel the need to constantly adjust them. I ordered the Sky Blue JVC HAFX8Z Headphone, Riptidz, In-Ear earphones and they arrived within 5 business days. So, not a long wait at all.

I look forward to giving them some good use. :)
on January 26, 2013
It all boil's down to this! ..Folks you can led a horse to the water but you can't make it drink! these headphones for the money really know how to drink headroom and clean music even if you decide to take it up a audio notch. I have been a audiophile from the earlier days of Phase Liner, Acuphase, Macintosh, Crown, and Krell I've heard Wilson Audio, Mark Levinson, Modulus, Emotiva, Bolder and others which I've ether owned or listen to extensively. I do not by habit listen through buds or headphones but time has caught up with me and I don't always have the head set to listen to music as I use too, but I still have a critical ears.

No they are not high-end headphones or ear buds but for the price I have heard others for 20 times the dollars, in sound caparison, these little buds can put out sound pressure levels that are superior to others especially when you feed it with clean not distorted power. Buy them you want be disappointed.
on March 2, 2014
My headphones don't last very long so I try not to spend too much because they always break no matter how much I spend. This time I ordered these cheap headphones and was surprised at how well they deliver sound. The music sounds almost as good as my previous 80$ headphones.

These headphones look good, hold up well to the daily abuse, don't have a giant annoying brand logo, and are CHEAP. The packaging includes various sizes in case your earhole cant handle the standard size plugs.

It's been almost six months and these don't show any signs of crapping out. I am amazed. They're not perfect because they CAN fall out if you are out jogging (my previous ones had a twist design that locked it onto my ear). 4.5 stars