Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Totes Signature Basic Auto Stick Umbrella
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on October 2, 2013
An umbrella review may seem a stretch for some, but my wife is so happy with her new Totes that I think it warrants a few words of praise. Stephanie takes her umbrella with her even when the sun is shining, so it's part of her ensemble. When I chose a new one for her, I wanted something in basic black, stylish in a conservative way, and providing good coverage to keep the rain off. It also had to be durable and sturdy, yet light; possessing a well made frame, and sporting the traditional hook handle allowing her to hang up the umbrella to dry or hang it on her forearm if she needs both hands free and doesn't want to put the umbrella down.
I'm a high-end European auto technician by trade and know quality engineering when I see it. That being said, I believe this Totes umbrella is the affordable Mercedes Benz of umbrellas in the umbrella stand and I recommend it whole-heartedly...

PS: I forgot to mention - Steph told me her friends at work were impressed enough to compliment her on her new Totes umbrella.
on September 6, 2012
It's difficult to imagine liking an umbrella this much but I do. It is as classic and sturdy as it is lovely. I usually prefer larger golf sized umbrellas but needed one for more crowded areas and this umbrella is perfect for that. It isn't tiny and it isn't large but perfectly in the middle. The umbrella is much more attractive in person, with easy open and close and provides an adequate canopy for a larger person.
on September 5, 2012
Its a cutie umbrella, but I put it to the test this morning and I got soaked. I was expecting more coverage. I have to keep my arms so close to my chest to make sure they didn't get wet. I need a bigger umbrella.
on May 18, 2013
I was wary of buying an umbrella online; you can't see for yourself how it handles, if it opens smoothly, etc... This umbrella is great though! Sturdy and such a gorgeous red. The handle is pretty neat, too. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's a brushed silver that fades to completely clear. Very happy with my purchase.
on June 19, 2015
This is a dignified but very cheerful-looking umbrella that just happens to blend well with the coats and jackets I own, so vanity (plus the Totes brand name) rather than function made me select it. I'm happy to report that not only does it look good, it's strong and sturdy as well. Although in high winds I do need to hold it close to my head, gripping it along the shaft rather than by the handle, most of the time I can grip it at the handle (which is smooth, see-through) without feeling that the umbrella is wobbly or getting caught up in the wind (and making me feel like I'm about to fly off like Mary Poppins). It opens easily with a touch of a button (an advantage if you have only one free hand), closes easily, dries quickly, rolls up neatly. Wish it came with a shoulder strap - it's too big to fit into a bag -- but one can't have everything. I'm happy with it.
on March 7, 2016
I bought the navy, and it was definitely navy -- true navy is almost black, and that's what this is. I would have preferred something closer to just dark blue, not blue-black. But Totes makes a good umbrella.
on December 31, 2014
This is a large umbrella, which is nice on days when it is raining heavily. However, it is too large to carry around on days when you might need an umbrella and it does not have an automatic close feature. So, after getting into the car you either have to close it first and get soaked just before sliding into the carseat; or, get into the car and let the car door get drenched while trying to pull the darn thing closed. I rarely use it and have opted to go back to my smaller umbrellas because of how bulky this one is.
on June 11, 2015
For the price this is one heck of an umbrella. It has performed very well in some really nasty weather, so I love that about it. The only thing I don't like about it is the look of the handle, to me it just looks very cheap.
on March 19, 2015
I love this umbrella. It is a perfect size - just big enough to cover all of me and my bags. I like a curved handle - easier to hold (and twirl, if you like that to do that). The design beats the boring black umbrellas I've normally carried and I actually received numerous compliments on the styling.
on October 5, 2015
Excellent umbrella. Feels like it is made well with a high level of quality. Opens with a single push of a button and closes easily with no pinched fingers. Will be buying an additional one for a gift.