Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Motorola L705CM Corded/Cordless Phone System with 4 Cordless Handsets
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 17, 2012
I have been very impressed with these phones. Great clarity and having a handset in 5 different places in the house it is always easy to find one when it rings. I have 2 minor complaints.
1: You must clear all the caller ID lists separately on each phone otherwise they show missed calls.
2: I found a ring-tone I liked on a wireless handset, but there are a few that are NOT on the wired handset so I had to make my decision on the wired and then make the wireless match.

Features I really like:
1: Speakerphone on all 5 handsets
2: You can intercom any 1 handset or all handsets from any other handset. It makes them beep and the other one can be picked up and you can talk just like you are on the phone.
3: Menus are easy to use
4: Battery life seems great
5: I like that I have a wired one next to my ooma, that way it is always in the same place and it doesn't run the battery down during long speakerphone conference calls.

Amazon did great service. The shipping company marked the package as delivered and it wasn't delivered. Two days after it said it arrived, Amazon over-nighted one to me and gave me instructions on how to return the other one if it arrives. Amazon customer service made a bad shipment their problem instead of mine. Thanks Amazon.
99 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2011
I thought this would be a great phone coming from Motorola. Big mistake. The menus and features are VERY limited. For example - it has a phone directory, but no way to push the entries to all the handsets. You have to update each entry into each handset and the base separately. The cradles for the handsets are angled in such a bad way you have to place it VERY carefully or no charging will occur. You can enter your home area code - but only one. You can assign a different ring - but not a personalized ring for phonebook entries. I could go on and on - but my recommendation is don't bother with this very limited, feature deficient phone.
on October 10, 2012
After moving to a new house, it became apparent that we needed a user friendly phone system that had intercom capabilities and at least 5 handsets. Given that I'm not getting any younger, I wanted something that was simple to operate and easy to read (buttons and screen.) After some research (which included downloading and reading owners manuals), we settled on this series for it's mix of features and simplicity in operation. We've been running it a month now and are generally pleased. Here are my observations:
- The intercom system works easily without having to run 2-3 layers deep in munues. Being able to name each handset would have been a nice option here but it's livable
- Sound quality on the wireless handsets is good but not quite as good as the cordedbase. Very slight hollow sound to them. Speaker phone feature on the handsets is marginal in volume and clarity.
- The base is simple to operate as is the voicemail system. (Again, no complex menues).
- The handsets have fairly easy to read controls and display for phones of this size. (Better than our old Pannasonic). The intercom button is a nice feature.
- Battery time on the handsets is very good. I've held 90min phone meetings with them without recharging.
- we don't use the advanced features for cell phone/blue tooth connectivity so I won't comment.

A couple of minor gripes:
-You can't answer the phone, put it on speaker then set it in the cradle to charge as you talk. Putting it in the cradle, cuts the connection.
-You still must press the "send" button after dialing a number. Being old school, I like just being able to punch in the numbers and have it dial on it's own.
on June 14, 2012
Bought a motorola bluetooth system for my home, and this one for my office. We use this for the Customer Service line and just wanted to be able to answer it in multiple locations. Great sound, travels a good distance even through the metal racks in the warehouse it's decent enough. Haven't used one in my home, but if it works this well in my office, the home should be no problem.
on November 22, 2012
While this phone describes Caller ID as one of the functions, it is only available after answering the call. During ringing, nothing is displayed but "Incoming Call". When the answering message plays, this changes to "Screening?". CallerID is functioning on my phone line. I plugged in an older Panasonic base station and phone to test. I'm using the old phones again.
on July 25, 2012
I purchased the Motorola corded/cordless (Motorola L705CM Corded/Cordless Phone System with 4 Cordless Handsets)phone from Amazon on June 15, 2012 for my home. I received it in a short period of time. The packaging was excellent. It took the batteries in two of the cordless phones about three days to charge fully. Once charged and the set up was very simple. All the handsets sync themselves. I plugged the base set into the phone jack and it has been running without a problem since. Except for the long wait to charge the two batteries I am very satisfied. Here is the product link. MOTOROLA L705CM DECT 6.0 CORDLESS PHONE SYSTEM WITH CALLER ID, DIGITAL ANSWERING SYSTEM & SPEAKERPHONE (WITH 4 CORDLESS HANDSETS & 1-CORDED BASE)
on October 31, 2014
The phones are just what we needed. The only problem that I can see with them is that I cannot get one of the phones to register so that it rings. I am enjoying being able to have a phone in each room so that we do not have to race to answer a phone. It is especially helpful for my husband who is ill and cannot get to the phone to answer a call.
on February 6, 2013
One cannot play messages at the corded base (but with four wireless handsets this is not a huge deal). Also, there is no alert signal such as a blinking light to indicate new messages have been recorded. The sound quality is decent+ both for calls and intercom. Overall, it has been OK thus far. Our last wireless system (Sony) was still working after 6 years so perhaps we'll get at least 5 years out of this one. Why did we switch? Fickleness, it seems.
on December 12, 2015
This is the worst phones I have ever purchased. Unlike att phones these phones are all individual so everything has to be entered as many times as you have phones..they are going back today and my new order is for the same phones as I have always had. Motorola is a waste of time and money.
on December 3, 2012
Very clear reception. I love that I can use the speakerphone on the cordless hand pieces. Very easy to set up. Nice to have the feature of "calling" another handset when I'm upstairs in my office and my husband is downstairs, on the opposite side of the house in our bedroom. Highly recommend this phone!