Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on March 10, 2012
This device does work with the Galaxy Tab 7.0 PLUS.

When Samsung says it will not work with the Galaxy Tab 7.0, they are referring to the original version of the 7 inch tablet, but the 7.0 PLUS, which is the current version of the tablet, has the same 30 pin connector as the 10 inch Galaxy Tab and the same accessories work with both. I own the 7.0 Plus and can verify the USB and SD Connectors both work with my tablet.

These devices allow your Galaxy Tab to work as a USB host - in other words, you view and manage the files using applications on your tablet, specifically the file manager and the gallery application.

Here is some information based on my experience with these connector devices in case you need some help getting started:

First, sometimes the Tablet does not recognize the device. If this is the case, turn the tablet completely off and then back on and it should recognize it. This doesn't mean to just turn the display off, this means to press and hold the power button and then select the option to "Power Off".

Second, when I connected a USB flash drive I found the flash drive device listed in the file manager under "ExtStorages". This is on the Tab 7.0 Plus, it might be different on the 10 inch tablet.

Third, when I connect my camera and turn it on it does not show up in the file manager. Instead the photos from the camera appear in the Gallery application. Start the gallery application and look for your camera photos there. If they do not appear you might need to turn the camera off and then back on again.

Fourth, when I take the SD card out of my camera and put it into the SD card reader attachment, the SD card is listed in the file manager under "ExtStorages". Again, this is on the Tab 7.0 Plus, might be different on the 10 inch tablet.

If I want to view camera photos on my tablet I can use the USB connection directly to the camera or I can load the SD card into the SD card reader. However if I want to copy the photos to the tablet then I have to use the SD card reader and handle the copy/paste via the file manager application. I tried but have been unable to find the photo files in the file manager when the camera is connected via USB.

I haven't tried a mouse or keyboard yet, but if they work with the 10 inch tablet I'm sure they'll work with the 7.0 plus.

One note about the camera, I have a Canon camera and the .Mov video files do not play on the Galaxy Tab. They don't even appear in the Gallery application. They do appear in the file manager and you can copy them to the tablet as a backup, but they will not play. Perhaps there is an app that can play them, but that is a project for another day.

UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2013: This device works with the Galaxy Tab 2. I used it with the 10.1 model GT-P5113.
1313 comments|138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2012
I got this product for my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and it works brilliantly. I didn't know for sure it would work with the note but I took a risk and figured it would most likely work. I haven't had any problems with the product and I will probably post an update after I used it out and about.

(Edit: Grammar)
88 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2011
I have tried these out with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and they do exactly what you would expect them to do, the SD or micro SD card mounts perfectly in the file browser, same with plugging a camera into the USB adapter.
on October 27, 2012
It's pretty difficult to give things like this a 5, since they merely do their job. And these do. They work as advertised. As one would expect, you plug in either one, plug in a memory card or USB depending on what you use, and they work. Directories are then available to move files around.

I used the memory card adapter on an 8 day motorcycle trip to California so I could move files from my video and photo cameras to my tablet, and then onto my desktop using the hotel WiFi.

My only complaint was that the tablet 'lost' the timestamp on the pictures, so when I got home I had to 'guess' what pictures were taken on which dates. The names made it possible to figure out later, but that was an issue. In the future, I'll make folders for each day if I do this again. I don't think it's a problem with the card reader though, it's probably the tablet.

The only other complaint, and again it's the tablet, is the USB socket is on the bottom, so you can't use it if you are using the table on a stand.

You also can't charge the tablet while this is plugged in. Not a big deal since the file transfers don't take very long. But something to be aware of.

Anyone that is using their tablet as a photo vault might consider downloading Photoshop's $9.99 app to edit pictures. As expected, it doesn't have all the features of their more expensive products, but it does a passable job doing the basics and better than most of the free apps I've used. Get a stylus though, your finger is too big.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
I was unable to use my SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet for much of anything, UNTIL I found this Connection Kit on Amazon.com Previously, I was pretty much limited to just whatever information the Tablet could contain within itself. Now, with the Connection Kit, my options are Greatly Expanded. I like to keep my data on EXTERNAL storage units. Just in case my Tablet is ever lost or stolen. Plus, it is always a good idea to keep Regular Backups of your data. I don't trust any Cloud storage plans and only trust Backups on external storage units. I wish that I had purchased the SAMSUNG USB & SD Connection Kit earlier.
on May 19, 2012
Even though it says on Samsung's website that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) is not compatible with these adapters, I figured I'd take a chance and try them anyway. Well, they work perfectly. I'm going on vacation in July and I wanted to be able to see (and/or download) pictures from my DSLR to the Tab 2. I put a 16GB card into the SD adapter and plugged it in and was able to access all the pictures on it. Then I tried a USB flash drive in the other adapter and that worked perfectly too. Tried my wireless USB mouse that I use on my laptop and what do you know... it works.

If you're looking to expand the capabilities of your Galaxy Tab 2 7", these adapters will do it.

BTW, I love the Galaxy Tab 2. This thing is awesome for the price.
on January 25, 2012
The shipping is super fast - ordered it yesterday & got it today! This USB & SD Connection Kit (Plus) contain two 30-pin Adapter & SD Memory Card Adapter with a small 3 folds User Manual. It came in a nice Samsung box (as wide as regular Hershey bar) with "Samsung Original Mobile Enhancement" hologram sticker on the bottom right corner of the box. I tried the USB right away and it work perfectly fine (you do not need a user manual to use this). Haven't tried with SD or Micro SD yet. It would be nice if it comes with a small pouch/bag where you can keep them all together. Overall, this set is a very good buy compare to stand alone USB or SD connection; it's made by Samsung, works perfectly fine & you basically get two items for the price of one!
on November 12, 2012
This is an amazing product. I'm so happy I bought this adapter. When I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 from my Asus Transformer, one of the things I missed most was the ability to have a full SD Card slot and a USB slot. Now I have both.

I'm so surprised how fast it transfers images and music. For example it only took 20 seconds to transfer a album with 21 songs.

I'm a part time photographer and having these adapters makes it very easy to take out the SD card from my camera, put it into my tablet and show my clients the pictures on a 10 inch screen. (It makes me look professional and very high tech)

One last thing I'd like to mention is that it works perfectly with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and it also works with my Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with a Samsung tablet, it's not listed but it does work with all models.
on July 25, 2013
I bought this so I could load photos from my camera's SD card to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and to also transfer videos & other docs. We also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet. I tried them on both devices. While the USB connector worked fine on both, the SD card reader did not work on either.

When I inserted the USB connector, a new window popped up & I could easily transfer data from a thumb drive to either of my tablets (one at a time, obviously). The tablet notifies you that a USB device has been inserted. Make sure to "unmount" the thumb drive when done transferring. Click on the lower right corner of the screen, click on the USB notification & you will get a message that it is safe to remove the drive. Just like on a PC.

When I inserted the SD card reader, I got a notification that a USB device was inserted, but no new window popped up & when I went to My Files under Applications, it did not show the device in the directory. I tried several times over several days & no SD card worked. I tried regular SD & micro SD. Different brands. None showed up. I tried 8 GB & 32 GB. None worked.

Then I inserted my 8 GB SD card into a USB card reader & inserted that into the Samsung USB connector and then a new window popped up on the tablet and it also showed up in the file directory in My Files. I was finally able to copy my photos from my camera's SD card to my tablet. I tested this on both the Note & the Tab 2 with both the regular SD cards & micro SD cards. Success!

The only caveat is the fit on the USB connector was really tight. REALLY TIGHT!!! I did not think my thumb drive or SD card reader would fit. I really had to ram them in & they were tough to pull out. Not sure why. I used these on a lot of different devices & they fit just fine.

So, in conclusion, one connector worked (but very tight) & the other did not work at all. So, only 2 stars. I will try to return & get a new set. I will adjust my rating if they provide 2 connectors that both work as described.
review image review image
on September 29, 2012
Product works perfectly with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (Model number ending in 5113). Shipped in original Samsung Box with the exact model of adapters stated. Both work perfectly. (Note: the USB adapter only works on items formatted in FAT or FAT32. NTFS will not work, that's just the way Samsung runs their equipment.)