on November 10, 2010
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
I bought these Earbuds for my husband to use with a new iPod Touch we gave him for his birthday. He loved the iPod but HATED the earbuds that came with it. He had a hard time fitting those into his ear and still maintaining maximum sound. The earbuds fell out of his ears when he was walking or doing things around the house. He was frustrated with the entire situation.

I wasn't sure exactly what this product would be like or if it would work when I ordered it, so I awaited their delivery a little anxiously. Once they arrived and my husband tried them, he was immediately hooked. Now I can't get him to take them out of his ears! He is listening to music, watching videos, etc., nearly constantly. He told me it was easy to fit the pieces that customized them to his ear. In addition, he has some degree of hearing loss and he told me that these earbuds gave him full, rich sound that was amazing. I listened myself and am very impressed. Much, much better than the standard earbuds. They work great when he uses his iPod to call me from overseas. The clarity for him is awesome. They do a great job of blocking out sound on the airplane as well when he just wants to enjoy his music or whatever.

Finding these earbuds for him was just what was needed to make him happy! I can highly recommend them!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 16, 2011
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
For the price of these headphones you really can't go wrong. I purchased this product to replace the crappy set that came with the iPod. I still find it strange the iPod comes with such cheap and weak-sounding headgear when you can get 5x the sound for around $10. As long as you keep in mind these are *not* high-end speakers you should be very pleased with this product. These earbuds are comfortable and do a decent job blocking out some of the ambient noise. Also keep in mind these are *not* noise-cancelling, but the in-ear nature of these earplugs will help to some degree. The package comes with 3 additional sets of rubber cups (small / medium / large) that you can place over the speaker prong. For me, the medium size fits best - and may be the size that came installed. With these interchangeable pads you can find the right pair that's best suited for noise reduction and comfort.

As with any headphones of this type, you will need to fiddle around to get the optimal sound. The deeper you insert them, the more noise cancellation you get. However, the bass can sound muddy. Slightly pull them out and you have cleaner bass & highs (my preference), but at the cost of losing a tiny amount of noise reduction. Slightly pull them out even more and you have almost no noise reduction, no bass at all, and the weakest sound. Even though I found the highs to be a little cleaner, I do not recommend pulling them out this far. We are talking subtle moves here, but if you are familiar with this type of headset you will understand the nuance to getting the best balance of highs, lows, and noise cancellation. I think the angled speaker tips are an improvement to previous designs as it fits into the ear better.

I purchased these to use while working out at the gym and to have some entertainment while mowing the lawn and doing other household projects. For this purpose, they are EXCELLENT headphones at a great value. I own a pair of Sennheisers (HD580) that cost around $350 ten years ago. Obviously those are the puppies I use when I want to give music a serious listen. I would never pay more than $30 for this type of headgear. What's the use of hi-fi when you are dealing with considerable levels of ambient noise? Secondly, these types of headphones are easier to misplace or break. For $10-$15, it will not hurt the pocketbook to find a replacement. I imagine these earbuds to be of similar quality to Skullcandy, JLab (JBud), JVC, as well as other brands priced a little higher. They are comfortable enough where they can be worn for an hour or two without much discomfort. If quality sound is what you seek, there are better options out there. Common sense should dictate you will not get super high quality for this price range, but these really do sound surprisingly good!

I can recommend these for the price, and feel checking these out would be a safe and risk-free bet. The reason I rated this product 3 stars instead of 4 is because the price went up to $15.00. At $10 a 4 star rating is a no-brainer.
on April 25, 2012
Color Name: Purple
I have a set of these for home, work and a pair to use with my cellphone. That's how much I like them.

These hold up well over time. The first pair I bought in the fall of 2010 and they still work great. Nice long chord. The buds themselves are made of metal and so is the splitter piece and the plug part. There are 4 ear sizes to choose from.

Great sound quality, noise isolation and bass. You'll be surprised by how nice these are.

Highly recommend them.
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
When I saw these GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Metallic Silver Earbuds appear here as a featured electronics product in the Best Deals section, I figured that for the price they couldn't be too bad for my use. The product page said that they were "Engineered with SonusMAX Technology to deliver deep bass and clear highs." Thought that this might be advertising hype, but if the ambient noise isolation proved to be true, that would be good enough for me. Their "Neodymium Magnetic Components" meant nothing for me, as did the velvet carrying case, and I didn't care about the color. But the spec saying "Comfortable, ergonomic fit with customizable silicon ear gels" sounded like what I was looking for, so I ordered them. For those who just want the basics, I'll list the pros and cons first, then the details...

Pros:

* Excellent sound; rich bass and high, clear trebles
* Voice imaging in songs is excellent
* Comfortable, and they came with extra earpieces
* Lightweight and very unobtrusive
* Metal alloy housing on the sound chamber
* Excellent price; a true bargain

Cons:

* How long will the cords last? I don't know, time will tell...

Details:

My needs were not exotic; I wanted simple no-nonsense earbuds that would work with my (aging but reliable) SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3 player and for use listening to music with my BlackBerry Curve when commuting. I also wanted it for listening to audio privately on my MacBook Pro, and for use with my Kindle 2 when using the text to speech feature. These new ones were bought as a backup; currently have the basic black JBuds Hi-Fi Noise-Reducing Ear Buds which were bought a couple of years ago, and have served me quite well.

For more serious listening, I can always go to my Plantronics GameCom 380 Stereo PC Gaming Headset, which offers rich stereo sound with deep, resonating bass via its 40mm speakers. Also have an older Shure headset, but the cord is frayed now, so it's rarely used.

Listening:

Decided to put these new GOgroove audiOHM earbuds through their paces to see what they were like. They proved to be quite comfortable out of the box, and a pleasant surprise was that they came with three sizes of silicone ear gels for customized fitting. The cord has a slide adjustment so that it won't be flopping around all over the place, and the Y-connector has a small metal alloy housing for extra strength. In other words, they're comfortable and well constructed. But enough on this, as it was time to see how they sound, as that's what it's all about.

I tested these new earbuds on both the Windows 7 PC with customization and equalization as needed, then on the MacBook Pro, running them "flat" as a comparison. Have yet to run them on my MP3 player or Kindle, but I expect that there won't be any issues. My musical tastes are quite eclectic, and within a few hours of fun, I had played a wide range of tracks, selections from Adele, Leonard Cohen, Whitney Houston, Tom Waits, Regina Spektor, Paolo Conte, Five for Fighting, Al Jarreau, Buckwheat Zydeco, Carl Orff's O Fortuna (Carmina Burana), Amy Winehouse, The B52s, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Enya, Quynh Anh, Pachelbel's Canon in D and more. If you want to hear a beautiful, clear female vocal voice, check out Rumer's Slow, which is a worthwhile freebie here as of this writing.

I found that the sounds were clear and accurate, that the `transparency' throughout the frequency range resulted in good delineating of instruments and voices. It was easy to hear the fingers sliding on acoustic guitar strings, the light whoosh of a flute, the brassy notes of a trombone, the distant tinkle of a softy struck triangle at the back of the stage, the rich boom of kettle drums, and the glisten and afterglow of a brushed cymbal.

Bass sounds are important to most of us listeners, as it's the rhythmic underpinning of much music, and in this these earbuds did not disappoint. Fading tails of sound decaying away in all ranges are easily distinguishable and followed to its silence. Spatial clues and sound reflections are accurate, such as naturally recorded hall ambiance and fingers going down a keyboard.

But I had to test these GOgroove audiOHM earbuds a bit higher, using an album that I've used over the years to test larger home speakers and sub-woofers, an album that to many audiophiles is the gold standard for testing the capabilities of speakers, a pure digital (DDD) CD that's been around since the `70s. The album is Time Warp but I strongly suggest that if you get it, read the reviews first and follow the advice of those who say to be conservative and turn your volume very low. This one has been known to make your tweeters turn to a dying squawk, and to deteriorate the foam surround on your bass speakers and subs, and I'm not joking.

And to my surprise, these new earbuds held up under my tests with that, even with the low sub-30Hz sounds of the first twenty seconds of the digitally-recorded Introduction to Also Sprach Zarathustra, known to many as the "Theme from 2001, A Space Odyssey." As noted before, use this one with the volume way down to start.

Summary:

I must admit to being surprised at the unexpected sound quality of these GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Metallic Silver Earbuds. They are comfortable to "wear" for extended periods, and I won't laugh when I read "Neodymium Magnetic Components" anymore. I've heard better from far more expensive headsets and earbuds in the $60+ range, and judging them in that league these would be a solid 4-star product. But considering the construction and the price, these are a true 5-star product, and a surprisingly good addition to musical enjoyment on the go, in a plane, while exercising, or at home.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
Let me just say that for the price they are great. They have the multiple tips that you could change out for a better fit...the new angle they use fit very well...the sound and noise cancelling I thought worked very well. My only complaint would be that the bass is not very heavily felt when listening to bass heavy music...but most earbuds I've used have the same issues...or if on other sets the bass does come through its distorted anyway. I'd give these a solid 90% overall...
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 22, 2012
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
I was looking for some head phones or earbuds to replace my old Sony headphones. The leather (or plastic) covering on the pads was coming apart. I'm not big on listening to music, but with Amazon Prime, I can watch movies and TV shows on my computer. I have since become addicted to the British mysteries that I only saw before on PBS. To keep from blasting my wife out with the volume (old age, former Air Force jet pilot) I use the head phones.

The earbuds I had used before were larger and did not fit down inside the ear. Noise always got in around them so I was mainly looking for another set of head phones. While searching through Amazon, I noticed the Gogroove audiOHM earbuds. Never heard of them before. They are the kind that fits inside the ear and they were advertised as noise cancelling. They had a good rating so for less than 20 bucks, I decided to try them.

They arrived in a couple of days from Accessory Genie, an Amazon Marketplace dealer, and I eagerly opened them up and gave them a test flight.

Good:
-Ear pieces: The buds come with 5 sets of rubber ear pieces to fit individual ears. The pre-installed ones fit me perfectly so I haven't tried the others.
-Sound quality: I was surprised at the quality and clarity of the sound. My ears aren't that good, but they sounded excellent to me.
-Sound deadening: Great. The rubber ear pieces do seal out extraneous noise and conversations very well.
-Comfort: They fit me perfectly. I can easily wear then for hours. Sometimes I forget I have them in and try to walk away from the computer with them still in my ears.

Bad:
-This did not affect me since my PC is up on my desk, but the cord may be a little short. I have a headphone jack on the front of my computer so I haven't had a problem, hence the 5 stars. If your PC is underneath your desk and/or the jack is in the rear, you might have a length problem. I assume the earbuds are normally meant for the little MP3 players that the younger people carry around with them.

Summary: 5 stars for me. I'm glad I checked earbuds on Amazon online instead of just sticking to headphones. The Gogroove audiOHM earbuds give excellent quality sound at a nice low price. Great comfort for long term wear.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 26, 2011
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
These are GREAT earphones in sound and comfort. And the price tag of $14 makes them affordable in this economy(Don't let the price fool you). I am an audiophile and have owned many sets in the past--So I know what I am talking about. If I have to buy a new set again, I will definitely buy these amazing earphones again in a heartbeat. The only thing that I want more is a volume control. But I know that can't be fussy at that price. So look no further. Get them and enjoy the music to the fullest!

Update (April 28th)
Like another reviewer, one earbud stopped functioning; no sound. And the other followed the suit within the next few days. This all happened within 3 months of time from the date of ordering. The box says limited warranty for 3 years. Anyway, I contacted Accessory Genie where I ordered these earbuds. There were very nice and replaced my earbuds in the end. There was some minor glitch in the replacement process where they claimed that they had sent the shipping label to me via email that I never ever received. No biggie. Besides this glitch, I thought the customer service was excellent. I just hope that these new earbuds last longer this time around.
on March 3, 2011
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
I have severe Attention Deficit Disorder which makes it impossible for me to concentrate seriously on anything if there even the slightest bit of background noise. If I'm ever trying to hold a conversation at a busy venue, I will often cover my ears to block out excess noise and I will lip read what the other person is saying. Because of this, I use headphones with my laptop and my iPod Nano for an average of about two to four (maybe even more) hours a day. I use my headphones when I commute to my job and the university I attend both of which are no more than a fifteen minute walk from my apartment. Although it's nice to listen to music during my commute, I primarily use my headphones while I'm studying for a test, doing homework, or working on something at my job. I'm also a writer and I listen to really strange instrumental music while I'm working on my latest piece.

Over the past eight months or so, I realize that my roommates and coworkers don't share my love of contemporary composers like Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer, Jerry Martin, Carly Comando and Joe Hisaishi. So I began using the headphones I received with my iPod over the summer (and use during my commute) when I would write in a public setting.

Those cheap iPod ear buds broke in October and I continued to buy cheap ten dollars or less ear buds that would break within the first two months of purchasing. So I decided to splurge and get a little more bang for my buck. I know these headphones only cost like fifteen dollars on Amazon but if you were to buy them in the store at full price they'd probably be in the twenty-five to thirty dollar range which is pretty pricy for me.

I bought these GOgroove audiOHM Ergonomic Earbuds on January 29th 2011 and I received them on February 3rd.

The first time I used them I was blown away by the sound quality, they're no Bose Surround Sound Experience but you definitely get your money's worth. The noise canceling capabilities may be a little over exaggerated but it's better than any other pair of headphones I've used for long periods of time.

They were probably the best headphones I have ever had.

KEYWORD: WERE.

On February 28th 2011, a mere twenty-five days after I received these headphones, I was walking from my college campus to my job a few blocks away and when I stuck my headphones in my ears and pressed play, the right side did not produce any sound. At first I thought it was my iPod which had been acting finicky but when I got home I checked my laptop and both of my roommates iPod and nothing.

I may break headphones easily (although, in my defense, the headphones almost always break for a reason that is out of my control) but before I bought this pair of GOgroove ear buds, I had only been buying dollar store headphones and I figured if I was shelling out the extra cash for better quality, the headphones would also be durable.

If you don't use headphones often but prefer better audio quality in the rare instances when you do use headphones, these are probably a good bet. ...As long as you keep them in a glass case resting on a down feather, silk pillow while they're not being utilized.

UPDATE 3/14/11: The company contacted me and asked me to give them feedback on the product. I sent them a copy of this review and they told me that if I still had the earbuds I could mail them back for a refund. Unfortunately I had thrown them out about a week after they broke. When I told them this they refunded me 25% of my purchase which I thought was very nice of them, they took my word and really do have faith in the product they make.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2011
Color Name: GreenVerified Purchase
I have tried many different brands and types of earbuds. I am almost always disappointed because after a period of time my ears end up sore and aching. I decided to try these based on other customer reviews as well as the price. I LOVE them! They are the only ones I've tried that don't leave my ears sore after an extended period of time. I would highly recommend these to even the biggest skeptic!
on November 23, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
I bought a Toshiba Thrive Tablet, as as anyone knows who owns one, the sound thru the earbuds is not very loud. These earbuds really make the difference, with a big plus: I have Behind the Ear hearing aids, with the sound tube that runs into your ear, and with the smallest ear pieces attached, they fit perfectly beside the hearing aid sound tube! The quality is great, the sound is great, and I enthusiastically recommend these ear buds, especially for the price. I've seen some for over $300, but I think these would satisfy anyone's need.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations