Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Now Deal of the Day

Jabra SUPREME Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Color: Gun Metal GrayPackage Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$85.49-$89.99

To begin with, I live in Nevada where they just passed a no cell phone talking while driving except with bluetooth or speakers. I am in field where I get a lot of calls and it is imperative that I have a good connection and can hear my clients clearly. I decided to buy several different model bluetooth sets and compare them side by side since they all have at least a 30 day return policy. First I bought a motorola, waste of money, disconnected and unpaired constantly. Second I moved up to the jawbone Icon. fair volume, super uncomfortable and without the hook that was unbendable and caused blisters, it would fall out of your ear just by chewing.. I did like the features, especially caller ID and voice dial. But after several drops out of my ear the sound quality was gone and I returned that one too. Next I tried the Plantonics Voyager HD (top of the line) and was NOT impressed. The volume was insufficent and in a noisy enviornment, even at full volume (30) it was difficult to hear. I also didnt like the fact that you had to pay extra for voice control service...and although they give you a free 1 year subscription to their vocalyst program, after one year you have to pay for an ongoing subscription, which is pure greed and unacceptable, the same service is totally free on the jawbone Icon and Jabra Supreme, ...and lastly, the Voyager did not even support caller ID, and for such a pricey bluetooth, that was the clincher for me. Returned that one too. Decided on the Jabra Supreme. I was nervous about it due to the reviews that it was bulky and wouldnt stay in the ear, like the Jawbone Icon. But I went ahead and took a chance. Turns out this is far and away the best of them all. With the extra earpad that comes with it hooks inside your ear and combined with the soft bendable hook it is totally secure and I felt it was as secure as the Plantronics voyager. The volume is superb. In fact, at half way up its louder than the plantronics at full blast. The sound quality is the best by light years. (compares to a corded phone) When I would voice text with the Voyager, I had to constantly repeat myself to get it right, with the Supreme....perfect voice texting it hears you clearly. All the voice commands work perfectly. The only complaint is the unit is big and thus not too stylish, but it more than makes up for it in incredible performance. My phone is an HTC Radar windows based phone. The Jabra Supreme is the one I am keeping.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 11, 2011
Overall, this is an excellent headset, and I have been quite happy using it as my go-to Bluetooth headset for the last several weeks. It pairs quickly and sounds great. The only real qualm I have is that, for whatever reason, the engineers at Jabra decided to forego five stars by giving us an unwieldy ear hook solution instead of a standard in-ear bud. There was absolutely no reason for this, and it sometimes make the headset flop about precariously. That said, despite feeling somewhat insecure, it offers excellent sound, and I highly recommend it.

(You can hear audio from the headset around the 3:25 mark. Errata: At 3:37 I accidentally referred to this as the "Plantronics Supreme" -- frankly that's a Freudian compliment, as I apparently subconsciously equated the Jabra sound with generally excellent Plantronics sound!)
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 3, 2011
This headset replaced a Jawbone Prime headset I got a year ago but managed to permanently misplace when transferring my stuff back from a rental car. The sound quality on the Jabra Supreme is much better than the Jawbone. People I was talking to on the phone could hear me very well, without even the hint of background noise from my loud car, even at high RPMs. The ear piece noise cancellation is also amazing, I was able to have the Jabra Supreme volume much lower and still hear better than through my phone or the Jawbone.

Setup for one phone was super easy, charge the headset, then put it on, it is immediately in pairing mode ready for its first device. I have two phones (personal HTC Thunderbolt and an iPhone 4), so I was able to take advantage of the multi device capability of the Supreme. For that, all I had to do was press the voice button and say "Pair new device" and the Supreme was again in pairing mode. After connecting the second device, I had a little bit of trouble getting the headset to say "Connected to two devices," I realized all I needed to do was go into my iPhone and tell it to connect to the headset again. Now every time I turn on the headset, it immediately connects to both headsets. The only problem I'm having with the two devices now is how to determine which phone will be used when I use a phone command, I think it has something to do with the order I've connected the phones, but I'm not sure yet. My old Jawbone also connected to two devices, so I don't think this is as revolutionary as they want you to believe, but it's a good feature for people with two phones.

The Android app is pretty neat, I can see the battery level, change some sound presets (Home, Office, Car) and adjust the level of noise cancellation. I played around in there for a bit, but the headset seems to do a pretty good job of picking the best setting. There isn't an iPhone app yet, but the website says one is on the way. When my iPhone is connected, there is an indicator in the top right of the iPhone that shows the Jabra's battery life. I can also press the voice button and say "Battery" and it will tell me how much talk time I have left on the current charge.

The voice guidance feature is also really nice, it's really nice being able to talk to the headset instead of trying to figure out the secret button sequence to get the headset to do what I want. It also allows me to say "Answer" to take a call when the headset is already on, rather than find the right button for that.

A couple other features are a little bit confusing, like when I'm on the phone with one phone and the other rings, I can press the Answer/end button to put the current call on hold and take it, then press it again to switch between them, and then tap the button to hang up, which is where the problem is... The button will do different things depending on how long you hold it, the manual says there are 5 different lengths that will get you different results: Tap, Double Tap, Press, Long Press and Extra Long Press. I'm sure once I get the hang of it this won't be an issue, I don't get too many calls while I'm already on the phone anyway.

Overall, this is the best bluetooth headset I've ever used, audio quality much better than the Jawbone Prime I had until recently.
on January 25, 2012
I've tried a lot of Bluetooth earpieces over the years, with a lot of headsets ending up being clunky, uncomfortable and not very user friendly. So I was skeptical when I heard about the new Supreme from Jabra. I did my research and read all the reviews here on Amazon - not just on this particular model, but on about a dozen others too! I finally settled on the Supreme, and boy am I glad I did!

First of all, yes, this headset is noticeably larger than many other Bluetooth earpieces out there. Part of the reason is because this unit does NOT sit inside your ear, but rather outside the ear. This was a big plus for me, because I find earbud headphones and in-ear Bluetooth earpieces highly uncomfortable. I was worried that this earpiece wouldn't stay put on my ear, but the loop that wraps around the outer ear is surprisingly quick and easy to put on and it really stays put. Most importantly, I can confirm after wearing it for an hour in the car that it is adequately comfortable.

My favorite feature of this earpiece is how quickly it powers on and pairs with my iPhone 4. All you do to turn it on is open the boom. It powers up immediately, and within 2 seconds its connected. As a matter of fact, if my phone starts ringing, all I have to do is turn on the Jabra Supreme, hook it around my ear and it auto-answers! Very, very cool. It just works.

Accessing my iPhone's voice commands is easy too. Its as simple as pressing the large button on the face of the Supreme and saying "Phone Commands." It instantly activates the iPhone's Voice Control/Siri system and allows for hands-free dialing (among many other commands). No problems here. Again, it just works.

The volume buttons are really small and kind of hard to reach when the Supreme is on your head, but I'll tell you why that really doesn't matter. When paired with the iPhone, you can use the iPhone's physical volume buttons to change the volume on the Supreme. Not only that, but the iPhone also shows the Supreme's battery level at the top of the screen, next to the Phone battery level. I love this.

If I had to make a complaint about the Jabra Supreme, it would be that it doesn't come with a car charger. Not a huge deal though: you can always buy one from a 3rd party.

Audio quality is excellent too, by the way. I called several people and talked with them for several minutes before asking them how I sounded. Everyone thought I sounded perfectly fine. They never even knew I was on a Bluetooth headset.

Overall, I highly recommend the Jabra Supreme. Especially for folks that don't like in-ear headphones.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
**I posted pictures for you all...**

Oooo...the SUPREME! I have used (and reviewed) MANY different bluetooth headsets over the years, and I liked the idea of this one. It's unique and looks sharp (in my opinion).

The unit is super easy to set up. I didn't have to find or use the 0000 code to pair it up with my iPhone4. I was really excited to use the much-advertised software. The problem is--it's not available yet. It even says that it "comes with the software" on the box. It gives the ultra cool, QR code that you can scan with your iPhone, which takes you to the website where it tells you that it was supposed to be available for other devices months ago, and that the iPhone app will come later...but when? No one knows. :( Apparently, this app will hold the keys to unlocking the real potentials with this phone (voice control, etc).

So, since I can't review the uber-cool features, because I can't get to them, I'll give you the basics on this unit as it stands.

First--it's COOL. It looks neat. Sure, some people might think that it looks cumbersome, but I think it looks sleek.
I like how the hook feels on my ear. I wear glasses, and oftentimes the hook on the bluetooth earpieces are cumbersome and interfere--but this one is fine. And the textured earhook doesn't slip and slide all around, but can get hooked up in your hair if your hair is long like mine.
The "connect" button is big and easy to find. Again, it's smooth and looks nice.
The other buttons aren't going to get in your way or hit at the wrong time. The volume control and noise-cancellation buttons are small and if you want to touch them, you have to go do it "on purpose"--you won't hit them accidentally.
LOVE the charge-feature. You can charge it via USB or AC outlet. Since I usually charge my iPhone with my computer, it's super convenient to have the earpiece right here, too. The lights on the unit clearly show when it's charged/charging and hooked up or looking for a pairing device.
The unit will carry more than one phone. This is really nice. Most people don't use more than one, but if you have a work phone/personal phone, you will find that this is convenient.
I like how it folds up and fits into your bag. This way you don't have to worry about it getting caught and broken.

That said, there is no case for this. No way to store it or protect it.
I haven't had a problem with the battery life. I always recharge my phone and earpiece each night. I do have a charger for the car that has a USB outlet, so I can use this USB charger "just in case". NICE feature.

Okay--how does it work?
The sound is AWESOME. Period. The voice commands are clear and easy to understand. Voices on the other end of your call are super clear. Your voice to others sounds just "fine" and according to my listeners, sounds like I'm speaking into a land line phone.
I thought that the earpieces were odd. And they are. The flat one is useless to me and how my ear is shaped. BUT the one with the ear-shape mold is comfortable and surprisingly does not slip. I am surprised that the sound is so clear given that the fitting doesn't fit "inside" your ear like so many do. It rests on your ear--not in your ear.

One thing that I have to share with you--the earpieces are "interesting" to apply. They fit on an inner lip of the unit...It looks like the outside edge of the rubber should fit over the entire section of the earpiece, but indeed it does not. This will drive you nuts until you see that there is an inner section that has a lip of its own that fits over a very small matching lip around the speaker. It's very hard to describe without having it in my hand, but look closely at the inside of the rubber and the earpiece to see where they fit. Then you have to "feel it out" because you can't see where they fit. A few tries, and you'll get it. (I posted some pictures, and hopefully that will help my explanation...)

I signed up with Jabra to get notified when the software becomes available. We'll see if/when I get that notification. I'd really like to have full access to all of the features listed in the advertisement. Right now it's just like any regular earpiece. Redial means you press the "connect" button twice. You know the drill.

Oh--and this is MOST annoying, Jabra...their website will link you up with apps. BUT they aren't Jabra apps, and most of them, although the download is free, the use will cost you! WHAT? 100 bucks for an earpiece and Jabra wants you to spend money on apps because they don't have theirs ready yet? I think that's tacky at best.

I did download the apps, and some didn't work with iPhone at all. Some worked minimally, and some I refused to pay for out of principle.
review image review image review image review image
on September 21, 2012
About two months after buying the headset, callers started to complain that they could not hear me, so I had to stop using the headset. So, I started e-mailing Amazon and Jabra and i-fuse, the seller, requesting that they either repair or replace the headset pursuant to the one-year warranty. Jabra's website has no warranty return information. Amazon refers you to the seller, i-fuse. i-fuse dumps the problem on the manufacturer. Nobody steps up to perform customer service. Everybody gives the classic runaround. Twelve days later, they all still refuse to send me a Return Merchandise Authorization, or do anything else to resolve the problem. My opinion: Jabra warranty service is terrible. i-fuse is terrible. Amazon is terrible. Don't buy a Jabra from i-fuse on Amazon.com if you want a warranty that you can use.
on March 10, 2013
I collect bluetooth headsets. I am rough, working construction but like to listen to podcasts and music and still hear what is going on at the job site. The best, so far has been the Jabra Extreme 2 and the Blue Ant Q2. I have tried pretty much every bluetooth device on the market, literally a dozen, or more. This is where the Supreme surpasses: 1) long battery life. Usually had to carry two devices because the batteries goes dead halfway through the day. The Supreme lasts all day with power to spare. 2)Clarity and volume. The Supreme can get very loud. This is where the Blue Ant fell short. 3) The ability to answer or ignore calls by voice, along with caller ID. The Blue Ant could do this too, but not the Extreme 2. The Blue Ant had programming issues and would constantly need to reset itself. The Supreme just works, all the time. This is a really valuable feature. I like to keep working and my hands are dirty. Don't want to be pressing buttons to answer and hang up. The Jabra Extreme had the best ability to stay on your ear. The Jabra Supreme is not bad. I thought it would be unbearable, hanging out your ear like it does, but it does pretty well. And I am rough. This headset gets knocked off my ear all the time, falling 30' or more. Sure, other reviews like the folding off-on mast, which is a neat feature. But, power and performance under stress is what matters, which makes this product Supreme.
on October 28, 2011
I have been eagerly awaiting the Jabra Supreme bluetooth headset. I always find boom based headset sounds better. While the Jabra is a bit larger then, say the Jawbone, I find that it is still small and comfortable to wear.

I like the flip boom design, where it switches on and off as you flip the boom open and close. Very natural. When the boom is folded in, the headset is smaller but still pretty thick. I wish for $99, Jabra ship the headset with a case. Sound quality is pretty good. The voice commands are cool and it works well.

However, as of this time, the headset does not work with iPhone4S. It will connect to Siri, but will not pass your voice thru. Jabra promises a fix really soon via firmware update. I was disappointed when I find out that it does not work with Siri, but Jabra was responsive and said a fix is coming soon.

Here is a longer review of the product[...]
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2011
I've been using a headset with an in the ear speaker, so this on the ear model took a little getting used to. But it is comfortable and sounds good. Being able to turn it off by folding it up is convenient, and it charges with a common USB charger rather than needing a special charger. Overall it works well, but is not a great advancement over other headsets I've used.

By default it wants to narrate your phone call experience to you, which I found annoying. Fortunately you can turn that off by holding the right tiny button down as you unfold it. Thus quieted, I find it pleasant to use.
on May 16, 2012
Excellent product, great price, prompt service! Jabra Supreme holds true to the reviews. Very durable, very comfortable, excellent mono digital audio quality and excellent broadcast quality via their dual microphones and built-in noise reduction. Works great for cell phone and internet telephony, and switches automatically. Also can tell you battery power level on command.