Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on November 23, 2011
Previously owned a Droid X and a Casio Commando. Bought this because Commando's user interface is awful.

I love everything about this phone except for the battery. Droid Razr I have to charge twice a day and I've turned everything off except the email sync. My Commando and Droid X would last 1 to 2 days.

I really like how microSD card can be swapped w/o opening the battery case. Wish all phones were like this.

Since the battery is not replaceable I'm forced to seek out a charging location twice a day. This would have been more bearable if the battery were swappable. I use the phone about half as much as my kids use theirs. My monthly bill shows I rarely exceed even 1GB of data.

This phone is going to force me to top-off my charge everytime I stop somewhere, that repeated cycling will likely prematurely kill the battery even more.

In hindsight I wish I just got another Droid X b/c whats the point in having a phone if you don't have enough juice to make it through the day.
55 comments18 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
I don't understand how this product can be rated higher than 1 star (only because you cant rate it zero). I know this phone is fast but... this phone has the poorest battery life of all the phones I have had - I can't get more than about 6 or 7 hours before I have to recharge. The Blackberry and Iphone I have had in the past (and will run back to when my conrtact is up) all had better battery life by hours!

Worst of all, this "smart phone" is not smart at all - after syncing for 7 months Motorola decided to discontinue supporting syncing software and now my phone wont sync anything but my email (no calendar, contacts etc). I wouldn't believe thye would have a product that would not sync a phone to a desktop - this is 2013 for goodness sake. After 8+ hours with Verizon/Motorola techs, I am told my phone will no longer sync to my outlook calendar etc but they will be happy to help me sync to a Google email/calendar etc.(can someone say hijacked).

Verizon and Motorola; two companies I would not recommend.
on November 27, 2011
This is my 5th Android phone since the os has been intruduced. I did own a bionic that I returned for the razr. The bionic was losing its signal all the time resulting with me having to restart the phone. The razr is wonderful and the best phone I've ever owned. Its a great design and light weight. The only issue is that the batteries are internal and the phone has to be charged via car or wall charger. Before with my Driod x and x2 I had 10 batteries and always carried them around with me. 4g network seems to be available and allows me to surf the web at super fast speeds. Keep in mind that Android 4.0 will be available early next year, my understanding is that the razr will be one of the first phones by Verizon eligible to be upgraded to be upgrade to Ice cream sandwich (I love saying that...silly as it may be). This is a huge upgrade from my driod x and I would recommend this phone to all my friends and family.
on November 26, 2011
Motorola DROID BIONIC 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

The new Motorola Droid RAZR phone is a wonderful phone. It is slim, strong and performs amazingly ! I have many friends that have IPHONES and they say they think the Droid RAZR is a better phone for now. It is 4G, sports a beautiful display and has at least 10 hours of battery life. I talked on it three hours the other day and the battery indicator did not even move off of full. It has the smart actions features which saves battery life. The speed of the phone with streaming video is the best I have ever seen. Volume control and power buttons are nicely located. This is Motorola's best phone ever. I am happy with ever aspect of it after owning for three weeks.
on December 1, 2011
Okay, I might get in trouble from a certain fast food chain for the title of my review, but it's true, I am lovin' the Droid Razr. This is my first SmartPhone, (unless you count the old Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC).

I wasn't considering getting an Android based phone. I really wanted an iPhone. The Amazon Black Friday Sale was the deciding factor and I'm glad that I got the Razr. Several guys in my office also ordered the Razr and now have a "Razr Club" :)

I am enjoying using the Razr. It fits in my pocket, but I plan on getting a case. I really like the feel of the phone. Don't believe all those reviews about the poor camera quality. I really like the camera. This is a phone and is not intended as a camera replacement.

5 Stars! :)
on June 28, 2012
I was hesitant in getting into the whole smartphone phase so i thought i would hit the ground running when i went to the verizon store and said "what the best phone in this joint?" The clerk pointed to the droid razr 4G. So i bought it. So far AWESOME. Its crazy fast and does some awesome things that still amaze me. Battery life could use some work lol it lasts all day with moderate to heavy use and begins to die around 7 or 8. So i bought a car charger. Problem solved. It is a but uncomfortable because of the thinness but if you get the otterbox case with it like i did it feels better in the hand.
on November 25, 2013
When I first got the phone March 2012, it was amazing. Best thing I ever bought. Now that its gettin closer to my upgrade date, which is 4 months away, the phone will barely charge. The battery doesnt last as long as it did when I first got it. Its a nightmare. I'm being a real cheapskate by waiting until my upgrade date but I refuse to pay a whole bunch of money just to replace this piece of crap. Bottom line, dont buy the Droid Razr unless you plan on switching it that following year. Its not worth the money.
on November 24, 2011
I got the phone mainly as an impulse buy when I saw the pricing. I have an HTC Merge from U.S. Cellular but had really been craving something a bit more upscale.

I recommend porting your number to Google Voice, and then activating a new number with Verizon to get the phone for a penny. This way you can always get a the "new" customer pricing, by cancelling your old line at the end of your contract, and keep you number via Google Voice.

The phone itself is super-fast and has great battery life. I took a ton of pictures on Thanksgiving and used it quite a bit all day, and at the end of the day I'm at 2/3rd full.

Amazing phone overall for the price.
on February 8, 2012
I wish I had read all the reviews here before I bought the phone because a number of users have noted the poor battery life. My Droid was a great phone, could go a couple of days without being charged, but the download speeds were not that great. personally, I think Motorola should have put a better battery in before they marketed this product. I am going to try to get my money back, i have only had it about a week.
on October 19, 2014
This was a real disappointment, you could not record a voicemail message, your phone calls would just die for no reason and you would have to completely power back up your phone to get the phone back on after the call died. I tried to return this phone based on the return policy and I never heard back from Amazon and/or from the seller. Do not recommend buying this phone or a phone from this dealer.