Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 19, 2011
Let me start off with saying that I put off purchasing a new smart phone for quite some time. I'ved owned and used Blackberry Curves and iphones and wanted to do my research on phones before purchasing a new one(since the largest discounts come with signing 2 year renewal agreements or new contracts). I knew that I probably wanted an Android phone and had difficulty in deciding between the DROID RAZR, Iphone 4s, HTC Rezound(Not out at the time), or waiting on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Also not out at the time).

NEGATIVES - Or are they?
So far I have not been disappointed by this phone in any possible category! My first couple of pictures left a litle to be desired, but I noticed that I was in really strange lighting situations in my home. For that I would deduct half of a star because the other phones compared are supposed to have even better perfoming cameras(although the nexus is only spec'd out as having a 5 MP rear camera). All pictures that I have taken since then(at restaurants, club/bar scenes, and work) have been at a quality that is better than expected. The only other concern I had was that this phone has a SAR of 1.45 which is a bit higher than the Iphone, Rezound, and Samsung Galaxy Nexus as posted online as of 11/10/2011. I've read many reports about SAR ratings, the increase in use of cellular devices of the past 10 years, and brain cancer. My readings have me convinced that there is no evidence linking cellular device use to brain cancer due to the fact that there has NOT been an increase in brain cancer patients over the past 10 years. The speaker phone could be a tiny bit louder, but it is adaquate at its highest level. Turning the phone volume up to its highest level with the speaker phone on produces a slight crackle here and there(hardly noticeable), but this can be solved by tapping the volume bar one notch down.

POSITIVES
The phone size is probably one of the biggest pros that i am really enjoying. Most people have their phones in a protective case which causes the phone to bulk up quite a bit. I purchased the otterbox commuter and the added size puts this phone at the perfect size for talking and carrying around in my pocket. The rezound, nexus, and iphone are all thicker, thus would be much bulkier once a case is applied. I've seen reviews posted saying that this phone is a little on the slow side but they must be fake, because i have not had a single hiccup in speed since using the Droid Razr. Call clarity has been stunning for me so far! I have never had a cell phone that I have been able to hear out of so clearly. The speaker phone is really clear as well. I puchased this phone on 11/11/11 at a price of $111.11 on Amazon.com by signing a new 2 year contract with Verizon. Verizon had recently started a promotional offer to double data therefore i was upgraded from 2 GB to 4 GB of data a month for 30 bucks. Since switching from AT&T to Verizon, I have not had any dropped calls which I did experience on occasion with AT&T. Even if the phone would not have been at a low price of $111.111 I would have purchased it without regrets.

My actual rating for the phone itself would be 4.25-4.5.
The fact that I feel like I got the best deal of the 2011 Holiday Season pushes the rating to 5 stars.(Note that I do not know what the price of the Galaxy Nexus will be or the price of any of these phones during the Thanksgiving holidays and Black Friday for that matter, but from looking at the online Black Friday ads(blackfridayinfo.com)..there are not any better deals.
on November 25, 2013
When I first got the phone March 2012, it was amazing. Best thing I ever bought. Now that its gettin closer to my upgrade date, which is 4 months away, the phone will barely charge. The battery doesnt last as long as it did when I first got it. Its a nightmare. I'm being a real cheapskate by waiting until my upgrade date but I refuse to pay a whole bunch of money just to replace this piece of crap. Bottom line, dont buy the Droid Razr unless you plan on switching it that following year. Its not worth the money.
on November 27, 2011
This is my 5th Android phone since the os has been intruduced. I did own a bionic that I returned for the razr. The bionic was losing its signal all the time resulting with me having to restart the phone. The razr is wonderful and the best phone I've ever owned. Its a great design and light weight. The only issue is that the batteries are internal and the phone has to be charged via car or wall charger. Before with my Driod x and x2 I had 10 batteries and always carried them around with me. 4g network seems to be available and allows me to surf the web at super fast speeds. Keep in mind that Android 4.0 will be available early next year, my understanding is that the razr will be one of the first phones by Verizon eligible to be upgraded to be upgrade to Ice cream sandwich (I love saying that...silly as it may be). This is a huge upgrade from my driod x and I would recommend this phone to all my friends and family.
on January 30, 2012
I'm part of the Verizon Wireless Ambassador Program where I am given a device for free in order to provide input.

I consider myself a very very basic user of smartphones and Android devices. I have both a Droid X (personally) and have playing around with the RAZR for a few days now. The RAZR is sleeker than the X for sure. Clearly it's thinner and lighter.

I received my RAZR with Android SW 2.3.5 on it. My X still has 2.3.3.

You'll probably be reading about the great call quality however, I have not been able to have a good call on the device yet. All my calls seem hollow and/or tinny. This was the exact same problem I had when I first activated my Droid X back in August 2010 and had to get it swapped out for a replacement.

If you're a data lover, then you're going to enjoy the 4G LTE. Downloads are fast but be warned! You will use your battery FAST! Battery usage should simply be a default expectation.

I thought the camera on my X was always blurry and didn't react in time for me to get the pictures I wanted. I have not seen this in the RAZR yet which is bonus since I use my phone as my camera.

Overall, it's a pretty OK phone.
on February 22, 2014
I went through THREE of these phones within the two year contract period. The first phone I bought at Costco imploded and the screen cracked the first time I charged the phone (with the charger and cord that was provided upon purchase as Motorola suggests using ONLY the cord and charger provided). Thank goodness I bought the phone at Costco, they replaced it on the spot. After three months, the second phone I sent in on the factory warranty repair/replace plan as it became glitchy and wouldn't work. They sent me back a refurbished phone. I argued with Motorola, to no avail, that I purchased a NEW phone and now I am receiving a refurbished phone (Seriously??? I do not WANT a phone that someone else took into the bathroom... just EWWW). Of course they gave me the "it's BETTER than new" BS. The third phone (the refurbished replacement) fully discharged over night when I forgot to charge it up before going to bed. As humans, we sometimes don't charge our phones. In the morning I plugged it in - it would not charge. I left it plugged in for a day. It wouldn't turn on. White light of death. Of course Motorola was kind enough to let me send it in for repair for $159! (WOW, I can replace it with a used phone for the same price. Thanks for nothing!!) I took it to a repair shop - the battery will take a charge, the charging port will take a charge, but something in the phone is not working between the battery and the charging port. (You should know the good folks over at CPR checked all that without charging me any cash in about 15 minutes as a consultation. I still have the option of leaving my phone with them for an actual repair.) My b/f had purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus at the same time as my initial purchase. His phone was still going strong (until he ran it over with his car!! Oops!) So now I get to endure my old HTC Droid Eris until I can upgrade or outright purchase a used phone (cuz I think want to keep my unlimited data and verizon "loyalty" customers will be bumped to a 6g of data per phone plan for $30). I will NEVER buy a Motorola phone again. I highly recommend consumers stay away from these technically garbage phones. The cool features, HDMI port, and moto specific apps are awesome, but they aren't very awesome now since I can't use them on my old crappy Eris.
on December 22, 2015
This phone is the worst phone I and a friend of mine has ever owned . This phone freezes constantly, changes to the text message screen without touching the text button. The garbage phone also flickers between different apps . Sometimes the home page on the garbage phone will not turn on. I typically have to wait between ten seconds and one minute for the phone to awaken. I checked for updates to this phone and there are no other recent updates that may fix these problems. Do not buy a phone like the Razr unless its at a nearly giveaway price because you will be disappointed.
on February 22, 2016
Literally the worst phone I've ever heard of anyone having. I have to charge it like 4 times a day, EVERYTHING stops responding at least twice a day, the apps I use frequently stop responding at least ten times a day, it is slow, pretty much everything you DON'T want in a phone. And now that I'm due for an upgrade FINALLY, I go to back it up to my husbands laptop and it won't even recognize it. I cannot wait to get my upgrade and destroy this piece of garbage.
on June 28, 2012
I was hesitant in getting into the whole smartphone phase so i thought i would hit the ground running when i went to the verizon store and said "what the best phone in this joint?" The clerk pointed to the droid razr 4G. So i bought it. So far AWESOME. Its crazy fast and does some awesome things that still amaze me. Battery life could use some work lol it lasts all day with moderate to heavy use and begins to die around 7 or 8. So i bought a car charger. Problem solved. It is a but uncomfortable because of the thinness but if you get the otterbox case with it like i did it feels better in the hand.
on December 1, 2011
Okay, I might get in trouble from a certain fast food chain for the title of my review, but it's true, I am lovin' the Droid Razr. This is my first SmartPhone, (unless you count the old Windows Mobile 6 Pocket PC).

I wasn't considering getting an Android based phone. I really wanted an iPhone. The Amazon Black Friday Sale was the deciding factor and I'm glad that I got the Razr. Several guys in my office also ordered the Razr and now have a "Razr Club" :)

I am enjoying using the Razr. It fits in my pocket, but I plan on getting a case. I really like the feel of the phone. Don't believe all those reviews about the poor camera quality. I really like the camera. This is a phone and is not intended as a camera replacement.

5 Stars! :)
on November 26, 2011
Motorola DROID BIONIC 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)

The new Motorola Droid RAZR phone is a wonderful phone. It is slim, strong and performs amazingly ! I have many friends that have IPHONES and they say they think the Droid RAZR is a better phone for now. It is 4G, sports a beautiful display and has at least 10 hours of battery life. I talked on it three hours the other day and the battery indicator did not even move off of full. It has the smart actions features which saves battery life. The speed of the phone with streaming video is the best I have ever seen. Volume control and power buttons are nicely located. This is Motorola's best phone ever. I am happy with ever aspect of it after owning for three weeks.