Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on February 7, 2013
I got this phone because it was cheap and still looked very sleek and professional. Not only does this phone work incredibly well for all of the things I need, but it is also a tank. I am the most clumsy person alive. I have dropped this phone in the street and it was run over by a car. It was dropped out of a third story window. It was dropped on hard surfaces multiple times. I have stepped on it, kicked it, and tossed it multiple times. It still looks new. I do have it in a case that I got for free when purchasing the phone in the store. It is a fairly simple case but this phone is actually a tank. It is so much stronger than an iPhone and so much cheaper. I have broken multiple iPhones, but this phone has lasted me quite a while and still looks brand new. I would definitely recommend this phone to my friends. The screen is huge, it picks up wifi really well, it is extremely strong, and the clarity is awesome. Plus when you lock it, the screen does a cool closing that look like a tv which is a plus.
on December 4, 2011
I just want to simply state now that I have owned the phone for about a week, I am finally understanding better how it works and why people complain about battery life. When you get the phone it has most apps running for you -to impress, but that really drains battery life. Once I figured out how to remove the generic apps that I will "never use" (note: some you can only hide), I then set the battery saver mode to automatically turn things off in certain situations like the GPS, it is a real battery killer when you don't have it plugged into your car charger. I then downloaded the free app "AP2SD" and moved as many programs and apps to the SD card to free up the phone's operating system as much as possible. This phone is really fast for most things the average person needs to use it for on a daily basis. The only thing that I would say could use a little work is the camera. -But since I bought it for a penny on Thanksgiving Day, I really can't complain about anything!
on October 14, 2013
I "upgraded" to the Razr from my DroidX based on the promise of better battery life, etc. WRONG! Battery life is acceptable only as long as it is used in the phone mode only--activating data or wifi modes sucks the battery down within a few hours. Also, reception in fringe areas is much, much worse than the DroidX. I've experienced numerous dropped calls in areas where I had no dropped calls with the Droidx (exact same location, on a mountain top with line-of-sight distance to cell towers of 17 miles). Also, signal reception varies to the extent that it receives no signal at all (can't even place a call)for awhile, then later on the phone shows 3 or 4 bars and calls are no problem. Compared to other cell phones in the same location, the razr has very poor reception. If you plan on spending all your time in the city with lots of cell towers close by, the phone is fine. Rural or fringe areas, forget it. I had much better service with my old Droidx.
on August 12, 2014
as a guy who is about to upgrade to a new phone, let me tell you that nobody SHOULD EVER GET THIS PHONE. EVER. like my previous motrola droid phones, this phone starts out great, fast and smooth. but after the first year everything breaks until the last month where the phone is begging me to take it out of its misery.

the pros of this are simple: its thin and has a pretty decent camera. but the cons, well let me explain everything that is wrong with my razr: rear speaker doesnt work. headphone jack doesnt work. phone randomly loses service, even after a reboot. battery charges to 60% then says fully charged, phone locks up and restarts on its own every 1-3 days. my texts are being deleted randomly by the stock messaging app and last but not least, its so unbearably slow now that to load up any app (stock or from the market) takes upwards of 5-10 seconds.
on March 20, 2012
Overall the phone is a good performer - good speed, good processor, apps work well and memory good. Looks are good and screen good. Two things you must be aware of - battery life rapidly declines and the battery is non-changeable so get used to carrying the charger for midday recharging (and I'm a low/moderate user) and I'm only 2 months in
- this isnt a world friendly phone outside the US (I should have double checked the specs as I know wireless well) this phone is billed as 3G/4G but it really means CDMA/LTE. Which sadly means no use outside the USA because the rest of the world hasnt put LTE in place (not until March 2013) and almost nobody has CDMA networks. So this is effectively a brick when abroad... J
on November 27, 2011
The screen has highly visible dark blotches all over the place that are very apparent in low light/ dark rooms. It affects any view of the phone where the background is black on the display. Motorola claims that this is an "aspect' of their phone that is part of their (cheap/effort to save money) manufacturing process and that it does not affect "general use".... so they have left it at that and just want their customers to "deal with it"

I would not get this phone just based on Motorola's handling of this issue. It is very unprofessional and quite ridiculous to claim that a major defect only apparent in dark light should be looked over and not considered an issue.

I will return mine as soon as possible, and will not deal with Motorola because of how they have brushed off this really quite major concern about their display defect.
11 comment5 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2011
I have only had this for a day, so I'll add to this if any major glitches show up, but right now its the best thing since sliced bread. The screen is amazing. Bright, crisp, and big! The camera seems awesome. I love that it has several shooting modes and fast shutter speed. The sport shot is super quick. Panorama mode doesn't require any button pushes after the first frame. Stitches seemlessly. As you can tell, the camera was very important to me. Sound seems good on the speakers. The screen is so awesome. Can't stop talking about it. So think, so light, yet feels great in the hand. I'll add more after I have played some games and tested out the rest of the speed and call quality over the next several days. Bummer for me, I preordered and paid full price from Verizon.
on July 30, 2014
I am so glad to be rid of this horrible phone. First one I got didn't work at all, I had to bring it back. The battery has to be charged at LEAST once a day, usually more. I have to take chargers with me everywhere. It "hangs" frequently, doesn't work with Pandora very well and has to be rebooted frequently. Perhaps this one was also a lemon like the first one. I've had it 2 years and couldn't wait to get rid of it. By the way, I got the LG G3 and it's AWESOME in every way, especially battery life. Screaming fast too
on December 3, 2011
I had a Samsung Epic from Sprint, I have switched to Verizon. This phone is way faster, thinner and has a longer battery life (you need to adjust the settings.) Screen is nice a big yet not overly big. Its processing is super fast (part of this is also Verizon's network and coverage) Color and screen is nice and bright. Use a lot for work and it has helped me be more productive on the road. Highly recommend this phone, got it during the penny pincher sale for $.01 It was practically free. Highly recommend.
on May 19, 2014
This phone can do a lot, and could do more if adding apps and games didn't slow it down so darn much. The biggest problem. Is Wi-Fi connecting, and it doesn't matter whose or where. The other devices in my home hook connect to my Wi-Fi just fine, but not the RAZR. Connectivity seems to depend on how strong the phone signal itself is, which in my house is not that great. (Verizon doesn't guarantee good signal inside your house. Ugh.) Why should the phone signal strength matter if I'm using Wi-Fi? Beats me.