Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 19, 2014
This phone can do a lot, and could do more if adding apps and games didn't slow it down so darn much. The biggest problem. Is Wi-Fi connecting, and it doesn't matter whose or where. The other devices in my home hook connect to my Wi-Fi just fine, but not the RAZR. Connectivity seems to depend on how strong the phone signal itself is, which in my house is not that great. (Verizon doesn't guarantee good signal inside your house. Ugh.) Why should the phone signal strength matter if I'm using Wi-Fi? Beats me.
on November 17, 2013
This was the first smart phone I've purchased and man am I angry. I had a choice between this and an Iphone, wish I would have gotten the Iphone. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. The battery life is terrible, I cant even make a semi-long phone call in the middle of the day without it dying before I even get home. The vibration only decides to work when it feels like it. The screen also has a mind of its own and works correctly when it wants to. It will literally take the chrome app so long to open that the screen will shut off if you don't keep moving your finger and even then it will take another 10 minutes for the keyboard to come up and by the time everything loads you forget what you wanted to do! It comes pre-installed with ridiculous apps that use data and don't let you uninstall. Nothing about this phone is simple. Oh you want to add music? first you need to install a Motocast app, then you need to browse 1000 folders to find the music folder and then finally maybe you can add music. Oh wait theres also multiple music apps that come preinstalled lets check them all to see which one is better. seriously? I still have yet to find a way to put pictures onto my computer because the only folder i see is screenshots.The only good thing i can say about this phone is that I like the panoramic pictures it takes. I can't say it has any other redeemable features.
Don't waste your money on this horrible product.
on January 27, 2012
Here is my two cents. I had this phone since it has launced in November 2011. I love it. The people who has rated very low are not very competent or not savvy with droid phones. I had the Droid X, X2, and Bionic. And now the Razr. My only choice back then was black and 32GB total. 16GB (internal) and 16GB (MicroSD. Now you can get the Razr in White, Purple, & Black. With 32GB option or 16GB option. Battery life is actually good. Yes the battery will drain quicker than some phones but you are dealing with a 4G phone. Also for a quick note. The phone is splash / spill proof. The screen colors are amazing. The quality of the HD recording looks great during play back or on your tv. This phone has a lot to offer for new droid users and experienced users.

FEATURES:
3G / 4G Network
Body Dimensions 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm
Weight 127 g
Display Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes, v4.0 with LE+EDR
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
Camera: Primary 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Features Touch-focus, geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization
Video: Yes, 1080p@30fps, 480p@120fps
Secondary: Yes, 2MP, 720p videos
Features: OS Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
Chipset: TI OMAP 4430
Radio No
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS support
Java: Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
Colors: Black, White, Purple
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Splash resistant
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1780 mAh
Stand-by Up to 204 h
Talk time Up to 12 h 30 min
on March 18, 2012
Despite all of the reviews of this phone being one tough puppy, Motorola and Verizon only have it half right. It is a puppy alright, a little toy poodle of a puppy, too fragile to carry around on your hip in a case, a padded case, a fairly nice padded case.

Apparently sometime today after removing it from the charger, my Droid Razr died. I took it to the local Verizon Corporate store to have them take a look at it they showed me a very tiny crack in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and told me "sorry sir tough luck, you must have bumped your phone and it's damaged and we can't repair it or warranty damaged phones". The guy calls his manager over to confirm his diagnosis and the manager says, "see, you can really damage these by just pressing down on the phone like this", and he starts pressing down on the face of my phone. "Really dude, stop that, I don't care if you are the manager". I guess he thought that is was already dead, he could do whatever he wanted.

There is not a single scratch on the outside of this phone and they are telling me it is damaged and can not be warrantied. Of course right over this guy's shoulder, Verizon is advertising this as a near bullet-proof phone with cracks in the "Gorilla Glass" and Kevlar case still working away like some kind of commando phone used by Navy Seals during beach assaults.

This thing is as fragile as a rose in the hot August sun. I don't even know when or where I may have bumped my phone to cause this catastrophic failure. One minute is was working and after a trip to Home Depot, nada, is is as dead as a hammer.

Moto wants $179 to fix this precious little tea cup of a phone. To be clear, there is not so much as a single scratch on this phone and the Verizon guy is telling me he can replace it with a new one for $600. Yeah, right. Instead, I am going to another provider and get another phone on a new line. To heck with Verizon.

So, I cancelled my data plan and went back to my old LG Envy 3 that is a better phone just without all the bells and whistles of a smart phone. Should I decide to stay with Verizon I guess I can wait for 20 more months to get another Verizon smart phone. But whatever I replace this with , it will NOT be a Moto Droid Razr and most likely, not a Motorola product at all.

Seriously, this phone is very fragile, and if your are looking for a durable smart phone, look elsewhere. This one is not for you if you are one of those likely to stick your phone in your pocket or in a padded case as in my case, this one may not be for you. It really is not up to the challenge of normal everyday use.
on February 7, 2013
I got this phone because it was cheap and still looked very sleek and professional. Not only does this phone work incredibly well for all of the things I need, but it is also a tank. I am the most clumsy person alive. I have dropped this phone in the street and it was run over by a car. It was dropped out of a third story window. It was dropped on hard surfaces multiple times. I have stepped on it, kicked it, and tossed it multiple times. It still looks new. I do have it in a case that I got for free when purchasing the phone in the store. It is a fairly simple case but this phone is actually a tank. It is so much stronger than an iPhone and so much cheaper. I have broken multiple iPhones, but this phone has lasted me quite a while and still looks brand new. I would definitely recommend this phone to my friends. The screen is huge, it picks up wifi really well, it is extremely strong, and the clarity is awesome. Plus when you lock it, the screen does a cool closing that look like a tv which is a plus.
on January 10, 2012
Bought 2 new Razr phones and we love both phones as far as the features go, APPS and tons of capabilities. However the batter life is terrible; less than 15 hours on each phones when on continuously; but only being used 10% of the time. I read many reviews on how people loved the Razr but not many reviews on the poor battery life.Motorola DROID RAZR 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)
on December 2, 2011
I came from an OG Motorola Droid and was pleasantly refreshed by the speed of execution on tasks this phone reflected.

A major annoyance is the pentile display causing certain images to appear grainy i.e. red on black. Super AMOLED PLUS looks MUCH better than just Supoer AMOLED Advanced. Unfortunately they decided to take the power saving route over the visual quality one.

This leads right into the gripe about battery life. Just this morning I found my phone on my dresser nearly dead before having to go to work because I forgot to charge it overnight last night (I charge it overnight every night) and I do not even use the phone heavily.

The Kevlar on the back has almost a grippy yet silky touch to it which is a plus while holding the phone.

The phone is the thinnest on the market and very light. I was worried I would have troubles sticking it in my pocket the way I did with my OG Droid but it turns out this phone is extremely easy to take in and out of ones pocket.

I could not imagine it lasting more than 4-5 hours if I was actually using it for GPS or to watch videos etc.

I will still give this phone 4 stars as it is great and very responsive. Overall I am happy with the purchase.
on December 4, 2011
I just want to simply state now that I have owned the phone for about a week, I am finally understanding better how it works and why people complain about battery life. When you get the phone it has most apps running for you -to impress, but that really drains battery life. Once I figured out how to remove the generic apps that I will "never use" (note: some you can only hide), I then set the battery saver mode to automatically turn things off in certain situations like the GPS, it is a real battery killer when you don't have it plugged into your car charger. I then downloaded the free app "AP2SD" and moved as many programs and apps to the SD card to free up the phone's operating system as much as possible. This phone is really fast for most things the average person needs to use it for on a daily basis. The only thing that I would say could use a little work is the camera. -But since I bought it for a penny on Thanksgiving Day, I really can't complain about anything!
on December 16, 2013
I’ll start by saying this phone delivers everything that’s promised about the technology. I’ve never had a problem with signal, Bluetooth, performance, speed, or any other listed feature. All around the technology in this phone is pretty great.
There are a few issues that go along with the original Razr. First is the screen. While resolution is great, and the screen is clear, the manufacturing process for bonding gorilla glass to the LCD screen creates minor defects in most screens. You can notice lines, specs, or waves in the screen if you display certain colors or images. Mine has 2 faint lines that are easily seen when the screen is green or black. This issues isn’t terribly difficult to ignore but given the price and the vast competition, when I buy a new product I expect it to be immaculate. Motorolla does not consider this a defect, and even if you get a new phone it will most likely have the same issue. Some users do not notice this at all.
Second MAJOR ISSUE is the battery. The life is decent when the battery is new. The phone lasted through the whole work day usually and only needed a charge at night. After about a 1.5 years of use the battery is crap. I’m lucky if it lasts me 6 hours (with only about 45 min of actual use). I’ve checked all apps and done resets, and verified android version. This is not a software issue. The battery is just not big enough once it has some mileage on it. To make matters much much worse, the battery CANNOT BE REPLACED without ripping the old one out with a knife and voiding any warranty you may have.
Last issue is the Motorolla company. If you get a replacement phone for any defect it will be a refurbished phone, NOT A NEW PHONE. I wanted to get mine replaced for the lines on the screen when I first got it, but after the first 14 days any phone you get will be a pre-broken or damaged phone that has been repaired. While I usually stand by refurbished products, Motorolla does not do a good job. I have had several of their phones, (droid, Droid X, and several old style phones) and have had several replacements for various reasons. I have never, not once, received a replacement phone from Motorolla that is in perfect condition. Usually there are only minor issues such as scratches, or maybe a few dead pixels on the screen. Other times I have gotten replacements with the same problem as the original phone, or worse. This leads to trading out your phone many times, and losing all ability to communicate for as much as 2 weeks while waiting for the replacement.
CONCLUSION:
If you want this phone spend the extra money and get a Razr Maxx. If you are eyeballing any competitors phone buy that one instead.
on March 20, 2012
Overall the phone is a good performer - good speed, good processor, apps work well and memory good. Looks are good and screen good. Two things you must be aware of - battery life rapidly declines and the battery is non-changeable so get used to carrying the charger for midday recharging (and I'm a low/moderate user) and I'm only 2 months in
- this isnt a world friendly phone outside the US (I should have double checked the specs as I know wireless well) this phone is billed as 3G/4G but it really means CDMA/LTE. Which sadly means no use outside the USA because the rest of the world hasnt put LTE in place (not until March 2013) and almost nobody has CDMA networks. So this is effectively a brick when abroad... J