Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 14, 2012
This is a great phone in most respects. Nice touch screen (even for fat fingers), good speed and function.
However, my major complaint is battery life. The spec states "up to 8 days in standby". When I'm working on a job site, that's how I use it, just for a few calls. The battery only lasts 24 to 36 hours. Yes I have turned off WiFi and most updates. The battery information says the main users of power are Android operating system and the cell standby.
on November 23, 2011
This is my first DROID phone and I am really loving it ... thanks amazon for giving this great price , the ordering process from amazon is really smooth and had NO issues. I received the phone in 1 day .... great job and great phone .. from Motorola.

tip.. if u are about to use internet a lot ... battery may consume fast so ... buy a extra charger .. that is sold in amazon for 5 bucks ..
on November 21, 2011
This is is an excellent phone. Fast, beautiful screen, smart actions, superb hardware, and many more. The overall design is amazing. I am coming from Iphone 3,3GS, and 4. We also have Iphone 4S. This beats down Iphone 4s easily on all aspects except for camera. RAZR camera is fine, but Iphone 4s has abetter camera.
on July 3, 2013
I hate this phone. It has a mind of it's own. The touch screen works when IT wants to. It answers phone calls on it's own as well. Just an annoying unreliable piece of junk.
on July 30, 2012
My son dropped his phone about 2 feet on to the floor of our ski boat and the glass shattered. It is definitely not as strong as they make it out to be. We got it repaired by motorola and it costs $137, which was less than replacing the phone.
on March 5, 2012
Good phone, sometimes battery drains fast when phone is actively used for an extended period of time. Takes a bit to learn all the features (especially when upgrading from a non-smart phone). Still glad I chose razr over the droid 4. Only wish was I had the Maxx.
on December 12, 2011
I upgraded from the original Droid. My old Droid was working fine, but I was due for a discounted upgrade. I wanted to wait for the Nexus, but after seeing the reviews that made it sound rather fragile (and it's still not available) I decided to check out the RAZR. Lots of reviewers were complaining about the text quality, but it looks great to me. Sure, if you get out some magnifying glasses you will see the pixels, but why would you do that?

I like the engineering that went into the RAZR. The thinness, the gorilla glass, everything about it seems very well thought out. I was also tempted by the Iphone, but I wanted a bigger screen, and the bigger battery of the Droid. It's right on the edge of being too big, good thing I have big hands.

I bought the Otterbox case the same day I bought the RAZR, and it keeps the RAZR quite safe due to the raised plastic and rubber edges on the front and back. I examined the full coverage Otterbox but didn't like the belt loop. I ended up building my own leather and metal sleeve to protect the exposed glass side when the phone is in my pocket, or my backpack.

Regarding the battery, it's true that you can totally drain the battery in half a day if you are using the 4g to watch movies, but this is true of all big smartphones. I work on computers all day, I have no need to watch movies, or surf the net on my phone. I also don't play games. It's cool to know the phone can do all those things though, for those weekends when I am out climbing and need to check the weather. I'm not on facebook anymore (huge sigh of relief!) so I have no need to constantly use my phone on the weekends to post or check updates.

I get two to three days out of the battery (7am to 10pm). And I do that by turning off all the data: wireless and 4g. I've basically turned it into a dumb phone. For those occasions when I may need to keep the phone working hard all day, and I'm away from electricity, I bought an external battery pack from NewTrent. For only 28 bucks, I have a phone sized battery that will recharge the RAZR three times.

I was easily able to configure it to read my work email using the Corporate function to connect with Microsoft Exchange. But I set it to manual sync....again, I work at computers all day.

Lots of others have commented on the camera and powerful processor. I don't expect my cell phone to be anything more than a poor quality point and shoot, but the camera is better than my old droid. If a great camera is important, the iphone might be a better choice.

I've always loved the way I can easily get inside a phone running Android. Plug it into your mac or pc with the usb cable, and it acts like an external hardrive. Drag music, talking books, images, data files, whatever, directly into the phone. There is no messing around with itunes like I've heard you have to do on the iphone.

I love the smoothness of the operating system. This thing is very fast. It's super bright...all in all I'm happy I bought it and have no regrets.

Coolest apps so far: ColorNote for a "to do list", Akimbo player for listening to talking books, Dolphin browser with the LastPass password manager for tracking all my logins.
on November 24, 2011
Let me start out by saying that this phone is fantastic. I would even go as far to say that its the best phone out on the market today. It has an incredibly fast processor, which was the same processor that was in laptops less than five years ago, it has a super-thin body, weighs almost nothing, and has a great display. However, it's not the "perfect" phone. Like all of them, it has its share of issues. Battery life and camera quality haunts its rating, causing a 5 star to go down to a 4.

Pros:

- GREAT processor
- VERY thin
- Light as well
- The display, although not a retina display, is plenty vibrant enough
- 16 GB internal + 16 GB external
- Runs Gingerbread, but is getting upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012

Cons:

- Although the camera is 8MP, it still shoots rather grainy photos. However, unless you're trying to shoot professional photos, which you shouldn't be doing with your phone anyways, you should be fine.

- Battery Life = This is a big one. I have to charge my phone twice a day, once before going to bed, and once during work. The good news is it charges relatively quickly. The bad news is it loses its charge relatively quickly as well.

OVERALL

If you're looking for a new phone, this is definitely the one to get. However, if you want a phone specifically for shooting pictures, you'll have to find a different one.
on December 9, 2011
The Good:

The Droid Razr has an AMOLED display that is really visually stunning. The kevlar back is a nice touch. The phone is speedy and quick. Battery life is good, given the dual core processor power of the phone.

Now the bad:

My 9 year old LG VX4400 has much better audio quality. A hiss can be detected in the earphone, external or internal, after every word is spoken. Even a person on the other end tells me that my voice quality is not as good, with or without an external headset, as my old cell phone. Audio / MP3's are also not up to par with an iPod, or even my foxit eslick ebook reader!

Update: Google sky map and the compass do not work correctly, reportedly due to an Android OS driver issue? Hopefully this will be addressed in an update.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 12, 2011
This phone is simply amazing. It is fast with it's 1.2Ghz processor & 1GB DDR2 ram. THe 4.3" Super AMOLED screen is just amazing, and with all the features this phones have, I can't think of anything else I would need. Stream netflix movies on the go, listin to music, check ur email, do anything you want right from the palm of your hand.

And, if you want a little extra 'size' - look into the Motorola Lapdock 100 or 500. They offer a laptop type solution that you plug your phone into for a larger view and more options!

Really Veriozon and Motorola have stepped it up!

Check out my review of the Razr!
[...]