Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on July 30, 2012
My son dropped his phone about 2 feet on to the floor of our ski boat and the glass shattered. It is definitely not as strong as they make it out to be. We got it repaired by motorola and it costs $137, which was less than replacing the phone.
on March 1, 2014
I have had this phone for two years. It's still working although for the last 4 months, it has gotten extremely slow. Battery life is not the best, but I use it at work for my music (stored on a micro sd card) and just keep it plugged in all day. All in all, I have been very pleased with the phone quality in that it has lasted so long with no problems other than the fairly recent issue of slowness. The call quality is good, speaker could be a bit louder and is on the back of the phone but I usually use my ear buds. Rarely freezes. Has never shut down on me. Rarely drops calls. Screen is durable - only a few minor scratches after all this time. I have never had a protective case on it. I love the back of the phone...non-slip. My contract is up and with all the negative reviews of phones out there, I'm hesitant to switch even with the slowness. My husband mentioned it to the Verizon store and they said it was the sim card but I haven't checked it out yet.

On the other hand, my husband had the identical phone. He had issues practically from the start with the charge port. Also, he would only get 3g when I was getting 4g. Don't know what that's about. He also managed to crack the screen, but he keeps it in his front jeans pocket and is constantly squatting down and back up again on the job. I suspect he just stressed it too much but it lasted 1 1/2 years before that happened.
on November 24, 2011
Let me start out by saying that this phone is fantastic. I would even go as far to say that its the best phone out on the market today. It has an incredibly fast processor, which was the same processor that was in laptops less than five years ago, it has a super-thin body, weighs almost nothing, and has a great display. However, it's not the "perfect" phone. Like all of them, it has its share of issues. Battery life and camera quality haunts its rating, causing a 5 star to go down to a 4.

Pros:

- GREAT processor
- VERY thin
- Light as well
- The display, although not a retina display, is plenty vibrant enough
- 16 GB internal + 16 GB external
- Runs Gingerbread, but is getting upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich in early 2012

Cons:

- Although the camera is 8MP, it still shoots rather grainy photos. However, unless you're trying to shoot professional photos, which you shouldn't be doing with your phone anyways, you should be fine.

- Battery Life = This is a big one. I have to charge my phone twice a day, once before going to bed, and once during work. The good news is it charges relatively quickly. The bad news is it loses its charge relatively quickly as well.

OVERALL

If you're looking for a new phone, this is definitely the one to get. However, if you want a phone specifically for shooting pictures, you'll have to find a different one.
on May 28, 2013
Phone worked well for the first year. Purchased in 01/12. Software update occurred in early spring of 13. Wiped out email access. Voice mail access. Phone will no longer ring - only vibrates.
on November 18, 2014
Worst phone I have ever had. I got this phone along with the rest of my family because it was cheep and looked nice. Within 6 months the phone started to glitch out where it wouldn't feel my fingers or a program would stop responding. At first it didn't happen very often then as time when on it would be a 3 times a day thing. Not only that but the battery life is awful it started out having 10 hours of life then it started to drop eventually have a life of 4 hour when not doing anything and when trying to use it in any way would result in the battery only lasting 2 hours. Finally not only is this happening to my phone but also to the rest of my family's (I use the "smart" abilities a lot more than they do). Whatever you do don't buy this phone it won't even have enough ability to have classic phone capabilities. If I could rate 0 stars I would.
on December 9, 2011
The Good:

The Droid Razr has an AMOLED display that is really visually stunning. The kevlar back is a nice touch. The phone is speedy and quick. Battery life is good, given the dual core processor power of the phone.

Now the bad:

My 9 year old LG VX4400 has much better audio quality. A hiss can be detected in the earphone, external or internal, after every word is spoken. Even a person on the other end tells me that my voice quality is not as good, with or without an external headset, as my old cell phone. Audio / MP3's are also not up to par with an iPod, or even my foxit eslick ebook reader!

Update: Google sky map and the compass do not work correctly, reportedly due to an Android OS driver issue? Hopefully this will be addressed in an update.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 12, 2011
This phone is simply amazing. It is fast with it's 1.2Ghz processor & 1GB DDR2 ram. THe 4.3" Super AMOLED screen is just amazing, and with all the features this phones have, I can't think of anything else I would need. Stream netflix movies on the go, listin to music, check ur email, do anything you want right from the palm of your hand.

And, if you want a little extra 'size' - look into the Motorola Lapdock 100 or 500. They offer a laptop type solution that you plug your phone into for a larger view and more options!

Really Veriozon and Motorola have stepped it up!

Check out my review of the Razr!
[...]
0Comment6 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2011
This new phone is totally awesome in every single way....why?...extremely powerful, colorful and portable!
For sure this is not a one hand phone to handle. This phone is to be use with both hands and handle it well.
If you guys are single hand only, like our previous reviewer "jose" this is not the phone for you. Go get at Amazon the Blackberry Pearl that is for one hand only.
Portable... remember the old brick huge phones of the past? well now this phone could get you in touch of your people in not time this is a 4G phone!
on December 22, 2015
This phone is the worst phone I and a friend of mine has ever owned . This phone freezes constantly, changes to the text message screen without touching the text button. The garbage phone also flickers between different apps . Sometimes the home page on the garbage phone will not turn on. I typically have to wait between ten seconds and one minute for the phone to awaken. I checked for updates to this phone and there are no other recent updates that may fix these problems. Do not buy a phone like the Razr unless its at a nearly giveaway price because you will be disappointed.
on September 21, 2015
Worst phone I have ever owned. Been through 2 in the past 3 years. Battery runs out after 4 hours regardless of what I do and what programs are open. You can't save data directly to a SD card that you put in. The phone memory ran out after a few months and I only had one game on this piece of crap. It also has issues reading information off of the SD card.