Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 14, 2012
I purchased this laptop for work (IT consulting) and it has exceeded expectations overall. It is very quick and responsive, takes about 20 seconds to start up. I've owned it for almost a month and have been impressed by the responsiveness and ease of use. Keyboard feels great and the design is just what I was hoping for--large enough to easily read and see everything but light and portable with a nice thin style. Has plenty of ports including HDMI and battery life is excellent compared to other laptops I've had (currently lasts anywhere from 7 to 9 hours depending on what I'm using it for/how bright the screen is/etc). The touchpad is a little annoying at times, the buttons can be hard to depress but I'm generally using a mouse with it so it hasn't been problematic at all for me. I have not tried out the webcam but so far am happy with the resolution and screen display. I would certainly recommend it!
on July 23, 2014
It was fine. The memory was insufficient and had to be increased and the keys cracked and broke long before the computer wore out and had to be replaced. And a few other problems. It's good enough to recommend, but not highly.
on December 23, 2011
I just unboxed this thing and tested the HP TrueVision HD webcam. Two things will pop at you immediately: shadow effects when you move, noisy pixels which make it look like a webcam from 2004. A couple hours with the tech support, lead to the conclusion that the driver is by Microsoft and not by HP which is probably the reason for it, however the webcam is called HD because it can take images over 640x480 and upto 1280x1024. This argument would work if the images were great but they aren't.

The boot time seemed nice. I haven't timed it yet but it is at the order of 30 secs.

My fingers kept sticking to the trackpad enough to feel irksome and resulting in non-smooth mouse control. The trackpad mouse buttons are quite hard to press and I don't see why something like this couldn't have been fixed by HP.

I will update the review as I learn more. But most likely this thing is going to returns dept.