Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: New Balance Men's MT610v2 Trail Running Shoe
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 17, 2013
This is my most recent pair of running / work out shoes. my last pair were nikes and I wore them out the tread was actually coming off in pieces. I wore them today for a full work out, wts, machines, core and eliptical and I didn't even notice them on my feet, which I consider a good thing. They are super light and very breathable. I am glad I went with NB, they fit and fit right 1st try. I paid $63 for them and I consider it money wel spent.

ONly reason they are not a 5star is bcs they don't have a tongue holder (laces through the tongue to hold it in place).

**Update (May 19th, 2013), they don't need a tongue holder the tongue stays in place so I am up-ing my score to a 5.
**Lacing must be tight to keep your feet from moving around in the shoe when running, but once you tighten them they are great.
on October 21, 2012
These shoes are quite comfortable and not bad looking, but lightly cushioned and without much arch support. You may want to go 1/2 size larger to leave room for inserts. They are also narrow--the size 11 2E shoes I bought are barely as wide in front as my other size 11 D New Balance running shoes. Although they are advertised as trail running shoes, the tongues lack gussets to keep out dust and debris. It's nice that they're made in the USA. I like lightweight, ventilated shoes and will use these for everyday walking and yardwork. They look like they might last a year or two.

3/25/13 UPDATE: I've had the shoes for 5 months and wear them almost every day. They have good traction and seem very durable. If you're a 200-pounder like me or just like a soft ride, you'll want more cushioning. I've added heel/arch supports, as I do with all my shoes. They don't stretch much--if you have wide feet be sure to get the 2E or 4E width.

10/17/13 MT610v2 UPDATE: The above review and update were for version 1 of this shoe. The MT610v2, which I bought recently, is a much different shoe. The pair I got was made in Indonesia, not the U.S. The fabric is different, and thinner. This, and the fact that the solid bumper at the front of the shoe doesn't wrap around as far, means that the v2's will probably wear out sooner than the original version. The tread design is also different--more aggressive, with deep indentations that should provide good traction, but will also pick up lots of mud, wet leaves and snow if you wear them in wet or snowy conditions.

For the v2, I bought the gray/orange color, 4E width. These are still nice looking, lightweight, lightly cushioned, comfortable shoes (but see my advice in the first 2 paragraphs for getting the right width). For me, the new tread design and lack of a wrap-around bumper limits their usefulness. They're best suited for use on dry ground.
on August 24, 2013
WARNING: If you have been wearing New Balance for a long time, do not order these until you have tried a pair on in a store. They do not fit the same way previous New Balance shoes did.

I bought two pairs of these MT610v2 shoes and I was extremely disappointed. I found they had moved the arch back and ruined the shoe for me. This does not mean they would be uncomfortable for everyone, but they certainly were for me.

I have been running and hiking in New Balance shoes for several years and I could always rely on the same arch support that fit my feet perfectly. But now, on the MT610v2, they moved the arch back towards the heel about a half inch. Now it feels like my socks are bunched up under my heel. This is really upsetting to me, because my previous two pairs, the old MT610's, were not this way at all. I don't know why they moved the arch back, but I can no longer wear their shoes. I wore the MT610v2 shoes for 2 hours and had blisters on the front edge of my heels. I hated them. I love the way they look, but I cannot wear an uncomfortable shoe.
on July 27, 2013
I'm giving 5 stars even though these are the first shoes that gave me any sort of blister in many years. The left heel rubbed for the first ~30 miles of use on trails, but after that period, they have been the best hiking/running shoe I have worn.

I now have 210 miles on my shoes, which includes flat ground walking/running, trail running and hiking, off-trail talus scrambles, and (not exactly recommended) clawing up a 40 degree icy snowfield in the Mummy range. The shoes are very light, have an incredible range of motion, great traction, and allow for excellent terrain-sensitivity and balance thanks to the minimal padding in the mid-foot and fore-foot.

In terms of durability, I'm pleased they have held up this long given the terrain I have covered (~70 of the 210 miles off trail, much of that on rough granite and sharp quartzite talus). As of today, there is some slight tread separation near the ball of my left foot but it looks like some super-glue will fix that. Very surprisingly (because it seemed so thin and soft), the tread looks almost as good as new.

WARNING: I found these run almost one full size small--instead of 12EEEE, I opted wisely for the 13EEEE.

Update: I tossed my shoes into the trash today after patching with super glue @210 miles and putting on another pretty rough 100 miles. The shoes ended up gradually failing in the mesh around the big toe of my left foot and smaller toes of my right foot, which I couldn't easily patch. The tread was still acceptably good, though somewhat degraded, at this point.

For those whinging about the lack of cushioning or durability in these, they feel like armored tanks compared to the likes of the Minimus Zero, which I've been trying out as well on the trails. I've got two more pairs of 610v2s on hand, and I was reminded when putting on a new pair today of how they feel too narrow at first (though they break in considerably, as previously mentioned).
on March 29, 2013
I was not expecting the bright colors(neon yellow. The shoe right out of the box was put to the test on a 10 mile trail run. No break in period or blisters or hot spots. which is pretty amazing. This is my my first pair of "trail shoes" and they have lived up to the brand name. Light and track well through the dirt and rocks on the mountain trails. support is great and I can really feel the ground with each stride. just wish that the fine dust would not get through the mesh and build up in the shoe. Guess I should not run trails if I want that to stop. After 250 miles only trails the forefoot has worn only in that spot and the shoes did break in after 30 miles for my wide foot. the worn area is because I'm a forefoot striker. Would definitely by this shoe again.
on November 14, 2014
These shoes lasted me about 5 months. It's a pretty shoe but omg its flakey as hell! The rubber on the bottom(black stuff) started to peel away as if the shoe was just stamped together with a presser then finally decided to undo itself. Also the padded under part (light blue between the actual shoe and the rubber bottom) decided to start tearing away. I tried gorilla gluing it back together but the shoe found other ways of just falling apart. I've had great experiences with New Balance in the past. Just this one was god awful and it sucks. :(
on July 23, 2013
NB's Trail Running Shoes is really a very good shoe with an excellent fit. The fit runs pretty true to size. The heel-cup fits nicely and the lacing system allows the shoe to be laced to either allow for a looser heel fit or one that is more snug. The material is a mesh knit material which is very light and allows for plenty of cooling. The upper attaches to the sole of the shoe very well and feels extremely stable--some shoes feel as if the upper is allowing the sole to torque or twist. While the insole provides good support, I have found using inserts (provided by my podiatrist) adds extra support to the arch which in turn allows for more comfort overall in the shoe. The sole is fairly aggressive (it is a trail shoe) but works well in "non-offroad" applications. Considering the cost and the workmanship, this is a very good shoe for the money!
on October 4, 2013
After wearing the first version of these shoes and doing fine with them (those started wearing out after 8 months) I needed a new pair so chose version 2 as the previous ones were not available. What a disaster. These fit just a little loose, but it was comfortable so I didn't worry about it. There is really no arch support, especially compared to the previous versions, so I purchased some insoles. That helped, but then after about 4 weeks of use the bottom of these shoes started to come loose. After 6 weeks they are unusable as the soles tore off all around the edges. I would never recommend this shoe and am leery about buying New Balance again as it seems the quality gets worse each year.
on May 8, 2013
I love this shoe. I'm a tall guy. 6'3" 210lbs. The shoe fit great and is one of the more breathable shoes I've ever owned. It could use some greater padding on the balls of the feet. Although this is only really a concern when running on pavement, which it's not really designed for. The traction provided by the soles is amazing, really grips well through dirt and mud. I'm looking forward to using these on my next obstacle race.
on August 28, 2014
We got these shoes for my husband. They fit perfectly for the size he is used to wearing. We love that these shoes are light-weight. The mesh is breathable and keeps you cool. At the same time, these shoes are falling apart on the bottom by the heel (on one foot) and my husband hasn't even had these shoes all that long. Normally, we love New Balance. These are the first pair of shoes that we have not been extremely happy to have bought. I could understand them coming apart quickly if my husband ran in them a lot. He is not a huge fan of running. He is more of a lover of any water sport and working out at the gym. He mostly wears these shoes for workouts in the gym. He did take them on a recent deployment to work out at the gym there. Maybe extreme heat made a difference in the adhesive for the material in the heel? Still, it's not like he wore them all day there. He wore them everyday for just 45 minutes to one hour and I can't imagine it was extremely hot in the gym even if the heat gets extreme outside. Maybe it was just the one shoe that was somehow made improperly? It can probably happen from time-to-time. This doesn't seem to be an issue with lots of others so...that's good. He can still wear these shoes for his workouts. They're not to the point of not being wearable. Maybe this time was just a fluke. We've never had any kind of issue like this before with any New Balance shoes we've bought. We love New Balance.

See 1 answered question