Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on June 13, 2012
I own 4 of the older "Utilizer" Polos and find the fit and fabric to be outstanding. I tried on the new "Utilizer" and found the fabric to be a downgraded "cheesy" hand and the proportions have changed dramatically. The shirt is smaller around in the chest area but with the unwanted bonus of what appears to be larger arm holes.

Anyone who is used to old style Columbia quality would reject this shirt. Columbia, if you are listening, bring back the old style "Utilizer" and stop making these shoddy shirts.
on June 10, 2012
It looks like the only two reviews here mark this negative because Columbia changed the design from the first iteration. While this new design may not be what those customers wanted, don't take their low marks to mean these are bad products. I bought two of these shirts and I like them a lot. They're light weight and do a fairly good job of wicking away moisture and keeping me cooler than regular polo shirts. They are cut a little narrow and long but other than that they are very loose fitting. Would definitely buy more in the future.
on October 11, 2013
Short and sweet, I love this shirt. The material is soft and comfortable, and looks neat and tidy. I am 6'2 230 and would normally wear an XL in most shirts, but I chose L based on the sizing chart and confirming reviews. The shirt fits perfectly, not tight, so I'd agree with others that fit runs large. I'll be ordering more of these for sure.
on March 25, 2015
I'm a Columbia fan. I have t-shirts, polo shirts, fleece jackets, rain coats, etc... Most, I feel, are worth the price. This particular style and fabric is not good for me. In the first day I had a large snag. I honestly think that I have snagged this shirt every time I have worn it. It looks awful at this point. like I said, I'm a fan. I have t-shirts 3-4 years old that look great. This shirt was ready for the trash in a month or two.
on March 22, 2012
Having purchased Columbia's Utilizer polo's in the past, I had no hesitation purchasing two "New Utilizer" shirts sight unseen from Amazon. Ordered the same exact size as before but find these new shirts very uncomfortable (being too tight in some spots, too loose in others). The material is much thinner than the original, and even those little extras (like the tab to hang from the collar) aren't there anymore. Very disappointed to find the quality I expect from such expensive shirts isn't there.
on December 1, 2015
These shirts look and feel great when you get them new. After you wear them a few times they go downhill fast. They literally come unmade after the first little thing that pokes or hangs on the threads. The first paper clip, hangnail, or pencil that pokes them they are ruined. I purchased four and they didn't last six months and I had to throw them all away.
on July 18, 2012
The sizing was true to fit and the compared to some "dri fit" shirts this one wears and feels very comfortable. It has some small waffling that make the shirt feel softer and more wearable. Not like some of the 100% ployester shirts out there.
on February 17, 2015
This shirt looked beautiful and fit nicely... until it came into contact with a piece of Velcro from my coat which ripped it to shreds. Now there are ugly pulls all over the area where the Velcro touched. I am not pleased.
on June 18, 2013
I've been wearing Columbia Utilizer shirts for years, including the original Utilizer and the Utilizer II. This "New Utilizer" is a step down. Most importantly, the fit is different. The shoulders are boxier and the sleeves are shorter, so the shirt doesn't lay well on my upper body. Also, the construction is cheaper with thinner fabric and the interior finishing is not as nice. I've switched to Royal Robbins shirts, which are similar in function, but higher quality, better looking, and better fit for the price.
on October 19, 2015
If I were to have shirts custom made, this would be the fit. I was looking for shirts that kept their shape after hand washing and hanger drying while traveling and these shirts met all of my expectations. If you are large in the chest, this size / style is not for you as they will feel tight. Otherwise, the fit is perfect. I'm looking to purchase more, once my size is again available.