Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Duofold Men's Mid Weight Crew Neck Thermal Sleepwear
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 8, 2014
Overcompensate by getting larger than you need.

I already had a Duofold cotton\poly thermal in XL size. It fit great. SO I bought tow more of the dual layer with the 100% Cotton Inside Layer, 65% Cotton/25% Merino Wool/10% Nylon Outer Layer. The arm and body length shrunk a good two or three inches, making it uncomfortable to wear.

I have long arms and could wear larges except for that. So I often buy XL. I did the same here. Unfortunately, the first one was the cotton/poly single layer and it worked out perfect. I bought the next two in the dual layer and it turns out I should have bought a 2X. Keep in mind I am only 170lbs.

I love the shirts and pants and the brand. You just need to allow for shrinkage.
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2015
What happened with these thermals?? Before champion took them over they would not shrink much. My old ones stay tucked in the back and kept drafts out . These ones shrank and fit like crap. The neck is loose and wide and the backs are short. Very disappointed champion.
on March 3, 2015
Pro: The fabric with Merino wool does a nice job of keeping you warm. It's comfy.
The label is Is pressed into the fabric.
Con:
The sleeves shrunk by 2 inches. I have a Duofold purchased several years ago and the sleeves are still the correct length.
I have not changed my clothes washing procedure. Maybe if you order the next size up?
on February 10, 2014
I have worn Duofold tops for over 15 years. I have purchased heavy weight tops locally. But my source closed. I went online to order more. This top is not as thick as my past ones. If you wear it under some other shirt, I adds extra warmth. If you need a tall shirt, this is not for you. Look for a tall size.
on December 26, 2014
I bought this thermal for my husband, who is a skinny guy with long arms. The body is too big, and the arm length is too small, but it works and this is what he has come to expect with long sleeve shirts. The fabric quality is good and is very soft & warm, so that is definitely a plus. The 4 stars is for the size disparity.
on November 14, 2014
I am a 36-38 waist 5' 9" 180 lb. XL Fit perfect ! Best value I have found. We also own the Doufold Expedition dual layers!
These are great, cannot believe the price quality ratio... Can't beat wool..
on April 8, 2014
This shirt is the same size as the duofold medium we already have. Plus it is not sewn together properly and the seams appear frayed and white. I am returning it. Very disappointed - have always had good luck with Doufold.
on June 20, 2016
The shirt is light , warm and dries quickly . It is great as first layer.
Quality and seams are very good.
Easy to wash and I did not notice that shrinks with washing.
The size is somewhat large but it's ok.
review image review image review image
on December 8, 2015
This is a classic. Feel and look are great. You can wear this thermal as an outer shirt and it looks great with jeans. The fit and cut are great--other thermals are cut funny or too long. It is so comfy I wear this as a PJ too.
on April 8, 2015
I believe it is a well-made product. It is comfortable and of course, warm, but the material shrinks much more than I anticipated. (I don't wash/wear a lot of woolen garments, so I really didn't know how much it might shrink.) Purchase it a full size larger than what actually fits you.

See 1 answered question