Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Triangle Bulbs T10146-10 (10 pack) - Q20MR11/FL/CG, 20 Watt, MR11 With UV Glass Cover, 12 Volt, G4 Bi-pin Base, Halogen Flood Light Bulb, 10 Pack
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 2, 2013
I received a box of MR11 bulbs that did NOT have cover lenses, and were NOT Triangle bulbs. The bulbs I received are clearly low quality Chinese production. The only markings on the bulb box are the word "Premium" with a photo of the bulb.

I specifically ordered the bulbs with the cover lenses to replace the bulbs in my range vent hood. Without the cover lenses, food oils are deposited directly onto the halogen bulb causing failure (and potential explosion).

When I order from Amazon, I expect to receive an item that is the same as the photo AND the description. When items are swapped by suppliers without notifying the paying customer I feel deceived.
on November 15, 2013
The reflector bulbs I received did NOT have a covered lens as described. I specifically wanted a covered lens, but if you don't care about that it might be a good buy for you. Also, there were some people asking if it will fit their Malibu landscape lighting, I will fit Model# Malibu 8301-9604-01 only if you remove the original built-in reflector. Buyer beware.
on August 21, 2012
I needed to replace 2 of the 3 lights in the hood over my gas range. Finding standard 20-watt halogens is no problem... but lamps with a glass cover is another story. Amazon to the rescue! I bought a 10-pack for virtually the same price as a single lamp at my local specialty lighting store. I carefully compared these lights to the remaining GE halogen and found no difference in manufacturing quality, light output or color temperature. I now have a life-time supply of hood lamps at a bargain price. I couldn't be more pleased.
Before I start the review, some manufacturers of range hoods are less than helpful when looking up replacement bulbs. So if you are confused about whether you need an MR11 or MR16.......... The MR11 is 35mm, or about 1 3/8". The MR16 is 50mm, 2" diameter. Just measure the front of your current bulb lens to see which it is. Yes, the instructions with your product should list which you need, but that was not the case with my Faber Inca rangehood.

Anyway, the bulbs:
Nothing to dislike. These are a great value as far as the price. I needed one to replace a burned out on a Faber Inca range hood. The price for one bulb at Home Depot was about half of what I paid for a box of 10, and since I assume I'll need to replace others in the future, this was a no brainer....10 bulbs for the price of 2.

This bulb matched my old one perfectly. It is an MR11 G4 two pin mount.It has the same clear lens cover, no bluish tint at all as some bulbs appear to have in photos on-line.

I installed the bulb over 2 months ago and it is still fine. So far, so good. I will update this if there is any early burnout etc.

I was concerned I would have to change the other light on the range hood after installing this one, that the brightness or color might be off, but they match perfectly.
on April 5, 2014
Replaced one of the two halogen bulb in our range hood. Packaged well, exact fit went in fine, nice bright light. Then my wife and I spent the next two days on and off wondering where the slight strange smoky burning smell in our kitchen was coming from. Finally realized it was from this bulb. Not a problem I caused - the range hood and light socket area is clean of grease and dust. Not even sure what it was in or on the lamp that produced the odor. Didn't want it around us, didn't want it around food, didn't want it period. I'll give stars for the Amazon return process, though. The box is now in the hands of UPS on its way back.
on December 11, 2015
I did not receive the bulbs as depicted or described (Triangle Bulbs), but rather another brand. They seem to work alright and are a sealed beam, but I do not believe these are the same quality as Triangle Bulbs. Why does Amazon allow this bait and switch to occur?
on February 23, 2016
Great replacement bulb. Glass lens and correct fit for my 20 watt Malibu accent lighting. Packaged well. Inside this box, there are 10 individual boxes to secure the bulbs. Now, I have a nice supply of replacement bulbs for my shelf.
on November 15, 2013
Brand was not Triangle and did not come with the cover lens. Wide open to the elements. Not worth the cost to return.
on March 8, 2016
These are not triangle brand. They came in a plain white box. They do not have glass covers. Only time will tell if they are any good. I use them in Malibu bullet outdoor lighting. They are cheap enough so I'll keep them. But buyer beware! Reading other posts that confirm that the description is not accurate. Some have posted pictures that show totally different packaging then what I received and theirs is still not triangle brand.
on May 17, 2014
I did not experience any of the negative issues reported by other purchasers. The quality of this bulb appears to be equal or better than the bulbs which came installed in my Malibu lawn lights. These bulbs do have lenses covering the reflector and the actual bulbs making it a sealed assembly. The original bulbs which I replaced did not have any covering over the reflector and bulb. I believe the lens is an important feature as the bulb and reflector are exposed to the elements without it. In the type of lawn light I have, the bulb points upward. I found that all of the bulbs which I replaced had dirt, dead insects, and lawn debris surrounding the original bulb when I opened the light up. The reflector catches and holds anything which gets into the light. That can't be a good thing. An equivalent bulb at one of the big box stores is $5.97 each. At that price the bulb would need to last approximately five times as long to make it worth the price compared to this bulb. The original bulbs only lasted one year with two hours of use per night. I would be shocked if these bulbs do not have a similar life span. We shall see.