Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 20, 2013
I love the watch in itself, the color, feel and display, but the GPS unit only worked the first time I used it and now the watch doesn't even register it at all! I don't live in an extremely remote location, so I expect the GPS signal to be picked up just fine... Also I do not have Nike + shoes with the GPS unit place holder in my left shoe, so I have to carry that in my pocket or inside of my hat which is not convenient at all! I have tried "waking up" the GPS unit and that seemed to work once, but then it stopped tracking my run shortly thereafter :(
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Let's get you back on track, Laura. Please contact us through one of the channels listed on nikeplus.com/support, so we can work to get you up and running again.
on July 26, 2013
I loved my SportBand...until it inexplicably quit working just 6 months past warranty. I guess that's ok, since the item only cost me $59. I'm debating replacing it with another, since I really did enjoy the device. It's simple, lightweight, easy to pack, etc. It's a disappointment now that the display no longer works. I wrote Nike about it, and I will update the review if they opt to replace it for me or at least provide a discount.
on October 29, 2013
As a long time Nike+ Sportband user, I am happy with this updated design.

The surface texture is a soft matte, as you can probably see in the pictures. Non-rritating wear? Check.

The battery life lasts pretty long. I suggest not to buy these products used, as the battery life can be unreliable with the unknown previous usage.

Easy to use, easy to set up. You can connect with your online Nike account to customized your experience.

I used this product to train and run a half marathon. Very helpful!
on October 6, 2013
Is it super accurate in calculating distance ran? Could anything that works like this ever be? It's accurate enough. But that is not the most useful feature anyway. YOU CAN INSTANTLY SEE IF YOUR PACE IS DROPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you a serious runner? Do you want to hit your mark on a long distance run, especially an unmarked run? This is your coach riding next to you telling you to pick it up! When I head out on a run I already know how far I'm going and know what pace I want to run. I use this device to keep me me on pace. I also like the auto-logging of my runs using the online features. Finish your run plug it into your computer and get some instant gratification from it showing you how you hit your marks. I use to write down what I did on a calendar. Now, WOW, look at a whole year of running on your computer screen! Look at several years. From a guy who's been a serious runner for over 40 years, it is wonderful. Get a little pouch to hold the sensor in non-Nike+ shoes. I usually wear a regular running watch to show my overall time and splits (if i'm on a marked course) and the sports band on my other wrist with the pace feature selected. Con: It is hard or impossible to see at night (no back light) so depends on how many street lights on your route.
on January 1, 2014
I had a Nike Sportband previously, but after 3 years it failed to upload my runs. I was really happy with the SportBand and wanted the same product again. I had a difficult time finding one, either in store or on-line. The price on Amazon was a little higher then I had seen other places, but Amazon was the only place I could find one in stock. The band works great and arrived quickly.
on February 5, 2014
You definitely have to take the time to properly calibrate this watch to make it work, but once you do, it's great! Be sure to calibrate it with a run where you know the distance; I picked a familiar, flat trail from here:[...]
Overall, it is pretty accurate for distance, spot on with duration, and does a decent job with calorie burn as well. If you're not an Olympic Runner, this watch definitely has enough info and accuracy to keep your runs on track.
I don't recommend it for treadmill running - your gate is different enough to need a new calibration and that's not worth it unless you only run on treadmills. Careful with sweat and rain though - I had to replace my original one because of water damage from not letting the watch dry out.
on December 18, 2012
I have a very small wrist for an adult female and this band fits great. The mileage was off a bit, but once I calibrated it it seems to be spot on up to about 5 miles. It is very user friendly and a great value.
on September 7, 2013
Got this a month ago and I took two days at my local HS track to calibrate it. I did two 2 mile runs and 2 1 mile walks. I then tested it the next run at the track again-DEAD ON Accurate. I was impressed. I like its simplicity. Some of these bands are getting too complicated. Just hold the button down and run. I also use it at Title Boxing with just the heart rate strap to count calories. Works fine there too. My only complaint is that is has no backlight, but I can live with out it. The Nike web upload of your runs is really cool. There is so much you can learn about your runs after uploading. You have to buy the heart rate monitor separate but I liked this band so much I didn't mind getting it. Just make sure you get the right one because Polar makes several different monitors for different bands.
on October 1, 2013
I loved the Sportband at first, even though I experienced some of the frustrations of other reviewers, I reset the band and sensor and had no difficulties. However, I only used it for about a month and a half. It was very hot and humid in my area, and I noticed the screen was going blank during runs. I couldn't tell if it was still recording. Finally, the screen went blank permanently. Tried resetting. Tried charging. Got nothing. I have since bought a new watch from another company, and it is 1000 times better. I wish I would have picked the second watch for all the miles I ran this summer.
on January 19, 2013
Easy to use, accurate, and motivational in its own way. The only thing I wish is that it also measured total activity, not just running. I guess that's why Nike created the Fuel Band. For the money though, this is a neat little gadget.