Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 11, 2008
I absolutely love the color of this bag! The plaid also adds detail to an otherwise plain bag, something I was looking for, among all of the plain bags on the market today. It was a little larger than I expected, or wanted, but its size can be attributed to it being very wide and thin. I can fit several text books side-by-side and my laptop inside, yet I don't feel like I'm carrying a bulky backpack around with me. I really like the two mesh pouches on the sides; it's very convenient for carrying multiple drink bottles. The quality is excellent. I've only had it for a few months, but it has not started to show signs of wear yet.
This is an excellent bag for someone looking to carry around a large amount of stuff with them. If all you plan on carrying with you is a notebook and a few pens, look for something else that's smaller. If you were like me, and looking for something to carry several books and a computer in, then this bag will suit your purpose to the letter.
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2015
I love my bag! It's a lot larger than I thought it was going to be which is good. I was afraid it would be too small. In fact, even using my ruler to estimate it's size from the information on the page didn't prepare me for how roomy it is. The sewing is really nice. I see no rips or tears, the material is tough and strong, very durable which I like a lot. The bag feels like it could handle a large, heavy load and I need that. It would make a great school bag, honestly, as it would fit multiple books and a laptop. I don't recommend using it as a laptop bag though. There isn't enough padding in the bag to keep your laptop safe.

The colors are a bit darker than in the image but I'm not complaining. It's still a beautiful bag that I can't wait to take with me on my three day move across country. Again, a lot of room for multiple objects and materials and it rests comfortably on my shoulder when I walk it.

Also, the packaging was great! It came in an amazon box and was covered in plastic. NO SMELL! I have not smelled anything funky on it at all.

All in all, I'm happy with the whole thing and so excited that I found this!
on January 15, 2008
I have purchased from High Sierra before and their bag lasted from highschool on into college before I the zipper failed on me and some of the stitching on the shoulder pad was ripping out. This bag is great, fits several books, several notepads and a small binder. I have plenty of room for my calculator, pens, pencils, tissues, sunglasses, two water bottles, and a pack of gum for when I start to fall asleep in class. I use it everyday and everywhere I need to go, whether it's school or I'm off to another country. High Sierra uses rip-stop fabric that holds up incredibly against the day-to-day grind.
on February 19, 2014
I am a college student. An engineering college student. You know what that means. Books. Big. Heavy. Books. For the past 4 years I have destroyed every other bag that I have used within the first semester. Until the Tank Pack.

To date, I have not noticed a single frayed strap, or loose sting on this bag, and I am almost half way through my second semester using it. The bag is large enough for my 15 inch laptop, and 2 large textbooks. The shoulder strap pad is quite comfortable, and has a slight contour to fit on your shoulder next to your neck nicely. There are two velcro pouches that are large enough to hold many pencils and pens standing upright, and the main portion of the bag is separated into two sections, one with a zipper, and the other that is open. Even though part of the bag is open, when the flap is down and buckled I have not lost anything that I keep in the pouch.

I have finally found a bag that engineering books can't destroy!
on April 16, 2012
I wasn't too sure about this when I started using it, but I realized over time I was just having "new bag" issues, i.e., learning where to put/find things as compared to the bag it replaced.

I've decided I don't love the flap-over buckle design as much as the soft briefcase style I was using prior. If you pick this bag up without the flap buckled, you're almost certain to lose anything tucked in the front flap. I think a zipper or other closure on that front space would be useful. I'm also mixed on whether I like the single, big open space in the bag versus a design with compartments, but I essentially solved this by using a series of drawstring bags to organize items within the single large space.

The mesh outer pockets are perfect for holding a water bottle, or small items that you need ready access to. The strap, handles, and zippers are all of decent quality; I'm pretty hard on bags, and this one has help up quite well for the past few months.

Other than some design modifications that would make more sense for me personally, this is a decent bag and worth the price.
on October 13, 2007
I bought this bag for my daughter who is a freshman in high school.
She is pleased to use it every day. She said that the bag has useful pokects, comfortable shoulder pad, and ample space to put anything even the lunch box. I also like the weight, it is light comparing to the backpack that my duaghter used to carry. We looked at many other bags, but this turned out to be the best choice!
on March 30, 2009
this bag is a perfect size for me. it is quite a bit bigger than your average bag, but it is hard for me to imagine that being a bad thing. this bag carries 4 full sized texbooks and a large three ring binder nearly every day, with room to spare. it stays in place well when i'm riding my bike, and the strap displaces the weight well across my chest. it is quite comfortable. my only complaint is that the strap is fixed in place, so sometimes it gets twisted and can be difficult to unravel. other than that, this bag does absolutely everything i need it to. highly recommended.
on August 25, 2015
So far, this is way more than we expected for the price! Great quality, WAY more space/storage than we expected, very nice design, etc! When we opened this, min & my daughter's jaws dropped because although we wanted a pretty big bag, we didn't expect this one had a ton, considering the price & the quality that we've come to know & expect with High Sierra products (since we've bought other High Sierra products before...as a matter of fact, we still have her High Sierra book bag from 3 years ago, still in great condition, which is saying a lot considering that was elementary school years, lol). This thing has more room than she'll probably ever need but will appreciate every bit. It has a great padded shoulder strap & the main part is somewhat padded (although I'm not sure if I'd carry a laptop in it yet...I'll have to inspect it further before I can give a definite yes or no). This is definitely worth the money.
I've included pics of it, one of the tag that came on the bag,one of the bag with a fairly large book of my daughter's, in order to show the size, one of my 5lb chihuahua in the biggest of the 2 main pockets (only to show the size), one of me getting almost half my arm inside the zippered pocket on the outside flap, & more. Hope this helps some of you all, I do these reviews because I know how much other's reviews have helped me in the past...if y'all have time, please let me know if this helped any (although this isn't one of my most thorough reviews, I'm sorry, I've been sick) & thank you to all of you who take time to write an HONEST, detailed review!!
on April 16, 2013
I'm 5'8" and the bag, even with a lot of storage and tough feel, was too unwieldy to be useful. The strap cushion never fully wrapped around my shoulder, feeling more like it was planking it instead. The strap itself would twist and bunch where it connected to the bag, which kept it from moving very well with my body. All of this was made worse by how long it was for me no matter how I adjusted it.

The velcro and straps on the front were hard to open and use on the fly. The clasps needed to be crushed with a vice grip to unlatch. The velcro was hard to pair up and often clung instead to any carpeted floor given how frequently it'd fall over, face front. Also, forget about operating this sucker on the go: the handle is attached to the enormous front flap, so whatever's inside would probably fall out if you even tried.

At least it comes in snazzy plaid?

If you're a tall student with a lot of patience, knock yourself out, but this is way too much hassle from something that's supposed to work without you thinking about it.
on February 3, 2014
(review from a college student)

It's a really great bag and all, BUT I also have to note that I carry three binders on me plus one smallish text book for college, binders being a 1 in, 1 1/2 in, and a 2 in plus notebooks and I can barely get my 2" binder in there without the bag look extremely bluky and akward. I also can't get the 2" binder in the zipper part I have to put it in the non zipper part. Also the strap is flimsy, HOWEVER with all the negative aside, it's a great bag, it does seem durable. I am happy with it.
review image review image