Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Citizen Men's BF0580-06E Stainless Steel Watch With Black Leather Band
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 12, 2015
This watch is perfect for me in every way. It is precise enough to have the second hand coordinated with my phone and computer's clock; they all change minutes and hours at exactly the same time! Moreover, this watch precisely represents the minimalistic black and silver design I was looking for. The bezel of the watch has a nice polished glossy finish of the likes found on a rolex, with a brushed steel casing which counters the sleek bezel quite nicely. In addition, it increases its functionality by serving as a week day and month day number teller (which to me, is an incredibly convenient function I seek in every watch). All of this for under $100? Shut up an take my money.
review image review image review image
on June 5, 2013
I love Citizen watches. I've worn a brown dial, leather band, Eco-Drive chronograph model for years. It's extremely reliable, low maintenance, and draws a lot of compliments. They are always a great value, and this one is no different. It looks great with a suit, and works just as well as a casual watch with a black and gray slip-through weekender style canvas band. I don't think anyone makes a classier looking watch within $100 of this price. Sadly, I lost mine a few days ago, and immediately ordered another. There still isn't a watch out there I'd rather own at double the price.
on February 27, 2013
After testing Amazon's free return policy to the limit, I finally found the perfect work/casual watch at a good price. Many others were too large, too heavy, too expensive, or all of the above. This Citizen is a great size (39mm) and can't argue with the price. Of course if you are buying a watch for the status symbol this may not work for you... but otherwise it is a solid choice. Band is very comfortable.
There is no question that Citizen has definitely made some of the most classy watches over the years, and their Eco-Drive watches have been the most definitive in clean solar timepieces. But they have also made simple quartz watches that have worked as well also. This one is definitely a nice starter watch for anyone that really wants a classy timepiece, without all the hassle in cost like the Eco-Drive series. It fits snugly around the wrist, and is very easy to take care of. I like this piece, because it definitely worth the money, especially for anyone that wants a Citizen watch, but doesn't have the money for anything outrageous. This piece is definitely a great buy for both men and women. I definitely recommend this watch in not just price, but quality.

Price: B+

Setup: B

Overall: B 1/2+
on April 4, 2013
This watch was a graduation gift and it's lasted very well for the first year so far. It's really comfortable and classy looking for the price. It's inexpensive enough to wear every day as well; I don't have to save for years to replace it if need be. The leather band is holding up well but it may give out in a couple years, we'll see.. My only complaint is the problem almost every inexpensive watch has and that's that you have to reset the date every few months because it only has alternating 30 and 31-day cycles but that's such a small inconvenience, it's hardly a solution I'd expect from a watch at this price. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking for a solid watch.
on February 28, 2014
As a watch, it works completely fine for someone like me.

It is off about one second per hour but my life doesn't demand precise time, so I'm okay with that.

Dressy enough for work, classy enough for play.
on December 2, 2013
absoluetly perfect. works like a charm and always keeps the right time. very pleasing to the eye and great price for the name. I also like the way the colors light up. the hands are blue and the digit places are green. but they are glow in the dark not light up
on February 10, 2016
Just received the watch today,so in all fairness to Citizens I can not give an educated review at this time. I can say,however, that the watch is beautiful with one glaring flaw...the band would barely fit someone on the varsity team. I have what I would consider small hands/wrists for a guy my size 6' 225lbs. but this watchband BARELY fits me, it's on the last hole and cutting off the circulation. If that doesn't give you the right picture then consider this. I have one of the watch cases sold here that holds like 8 watches and the fabric/sponge gizmo that goes into the slot in the box is too big for this band.I don't think it's a deal breaker at this price point but you shouldn't have to buy a new band before you can even wear the watch either. Glad I only bought it for a twice a year(lifetime?) dress watch, I have time to get a new band.
on November 18, 2013
My new favorite watch, classic simple good looks.
The band is good genuine leather and the face doesn't scratch easily
on April 29, 2016
Watch overall quality is excellent. Illuminates well in the dark. It keeps time well. The only con i can think of is the watch band. *For full disclaimer* I am not a fan of the belt style clip, and so i replaced it with an buckle/alligator clip. Although it does not have eco drive I figured id save a bit of money from buying the eco drive version and replace the battery myself when it needs replacing.

Highly recommended as a starter watch, gift, or a simple watch that you would not mind using as a daily and fix yourself