Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASICS Men's GT-1000 Running Shoe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 8, 2013
Alright, I have been buying the asics 1100 line since the 1150's (great shoe, ran a half marathon in them). I have also been watching the line go down in quality with each new shoe. The 1170's were still a great shoe despite inferior mesh which was prone to holes in the sides. Then comes the GT 1000. I very much wanted to love this shoe. But, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Gone is the cover / reinforcement over the big toe the 1170's had. So guess where the first hole opened up shortly after purchase? Above the big toe. I also found that the mesh on the outsides of the foot was inferior, and holes opened up there as well. Further, they hurt the arches in my feet when worn for very long, something the 1170s never did. The shoes only lasted a few short months before being relegated to work shoes not fit for running duty. I have now been running in the Kayanos - much better shoe. Asics, I loved the 1100 series - fix the 1000s! Until then, I will stay with paying a little more for Kayano quality.

*** I did buy the black 11 1/2 version of these from Amazon, not sure why its not verifying the purchase!
on September 12, 2013
Unfortunately, with the model change came a bad reshaping of the shoe. It became too narrow across the toes and ridiculously wide in the heel. Liked the 2170, still hoping to find decent replacement. Too Bad Asics
on November 19, 2012
unfortunately, asics appear to be running more narrow than before...i had 4 previous pair if Cumulus and they fit perfectly. this shoe is a bit more narrow even though it's the same size. if you're like me and have been purchasing asics specifically for their wide width accommodation, you may need to return these.
on December 11, 2013
In Texas, there are only two types of landowners: "Those who have a feral hog problem and those who will have a feral hog problem." ASICS Men's GT-1000 running shoes not only help my son flush hogs from Texas creek beds when he runs but they also help him briefly outrun a hog up the creek embankment.
on June 24, 2013
I have large (13) and very wide feet. Finding a good, comfortable, wide running shoe has been a challenge for me for quite some time. Thankfully, I have found the answer to my feet's prayers. These are by far the most comfortable and true to fit shoes I have ever bought. I've tried every pair of Nike's that come in "wide" and none of them come close to the fit and comfort of these shoes. They are light, comfortable, well ventilated, and look great. Thank you ASICS!
on June 5, 2013
I am constantly searching for, what might be referred to as, extra wide athletic shoes. For many years I have been limited to only one brand. Looking for some variety I ordered the GT-1000 and I could not be happier. The fit, construction, and styling are just superb. The sizing, as stated, runs true. I highly recommend the GT-1000!
on December 25, 2012
To lose some weight / get in shape, I was just starting a walking regimen. 3 days later my foot near my heal / ankle felt like someone hit it with a baseball bat. I was diagnosed with peroneus longus tendonitis. Rest / ice / anti-inflammatories was the doctor's recommendation. If that did not work, boot / steroid shots / possible surgery. I asked my niece who has a degree in kinesiology and is a personal trainer for any pointers. First thing she said is follow doctor's advice, buy new shoes and stop the walking regimen for around 2 months to let the tendon heal. I bought these shoes and they fit my foot so well, I barely feel any heel pain. Since I love how these shoes fit my feet, I bought 6 pair of different colors. I rotate my shoes each day to keep my feet healthy. The rationale for buying 6 pairs is when I need a new pairs in 2 years, there is always the chance ASICS will discontinue the style. I hope this review helps.
on April 26, 2014
After looking for a replacement to my worn out GT-1000's, I decided to stick with the same model. I went out to some of the local big-box retailers to try on the GT-1000 2, GT-2000, and GT-2000 2; and after all was said and done, I found the comfort of the original GT-1000 to be remarkable. While they did make some good improvements on paper for the latest models mentioned above; I just found this pair to be perfect with no change needed. (I use these exclusively for running).

As for being sold and shipped my Amazon...What else can I say besides "excellence!" Shoes arrived as expected and on-time. Customer service and communication has always been perfect.
on September 7, 2013
I have a pair of Asic GT1000. I bought them about 3 months ago. They are great running shoes. I jog 15 - 20 miles a week. I have ran in the rain, in 90 degrees heat, on a track, on a treadmill, and 5 mile runs on the side of roads. They have good cushioning and are very comfortable. They have not ripped or had holes worn in them. The shoe soles are white and have black flecks mixed in with the white foam. That is the style and it doesn't take away from the great look of the shoe. The shoe is a RUNNING SHOE not a fashion shoe. If ou are looking for a comfortable and stable running shoe that won't break the bank this is the shoe. I bought my first pair in a Sports store but I am going to buy my next pair on Amazon because the price is about 30 dollars cheaper with no tax (at the Moment).
on March 6, 2014
I've been running/jogging for over 30-years. I don't really consider myself a "runner" as much as a jogger. I enjoy the activity, but my mileage is really low, at about 3-4 miles every other day. That being said, for many of those 30-years, I was addicted to Nike running shoes. However, in the past 10-years or so, I've been experiencing calf issues and have experimented with different shoes (both within the Nike line and other brands). I managed to find the Asics Gel 1700's and thought they were a really great shoe. Much like every other shoe I've found and really liked, they changed the shoe. I found the GT-1000 as the "new and improved" version and decided to try them.

These shoes are comfortable and light enough for the type of jogging I do. One issue that was brought up by another reviewer is that the shoe did away with the big toe guard (the extra reinforcing material at the top of the front of the shoe, just above the big toe area). As of now (I have run about 70 miles in these) I don't see a problem with the extra padding being gone. I purchased the highlighter yellow color, and they are very visible, much to my wife's chagrin when we're out on our walks!

Overall, I do like these shoes so I purchased another pair b/c the price was good AND Asics is not making the GT-1000 any longer. So, next year I'll be looking for a new replacement.