Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 3, 2013
The product is exactly as described, however, dish network is not. Dish network has made it completely pointless buying this device.

If you go to their website, it says that they charge you a $7 per month lease fee per device, what they don't tell you is, that if you buy this device, you still have to pay the $7 per month per device, only now they call it a product fee.

So unless you have the desire to own the equipment out right, don't bother with this product, it will just cost you more in the long run and if you pay the monthly warranty fee, as you own this equipment, it wont be covered.
1313 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2013
Works perfectly, quite small, no heat, what's not to like?

Keep in mind it works only with a Hopper series receiver from Dish. And there are multiple ways of connecting it- direct to the node, thru a tap, etc.

What Dish and dealers rarely tell you is- the Joey can work wirelessly. Hook it up initially with coax. Then you can attach a wireless USB fob, remove the coax and it will run on your wireless network. Let's you move the Joey to different TVs, including where there might not be a coax drop.
review image review image review image
on July 28, 2013
I needed to access my Hopper programming from another room and already had an extra coaxial cable running down from the roof so I connected that to the Dish splitter on satellite dish itself and the other end to the Joey box.
The Joey box is small and I zip tied it to the back of my flat screen attached to the wall, so it is out of sight completely.

It did up date automatically once I turned it on and connected also to my home internet network. BUT then it refused to work until I called customer service and informed them I purchased a Joey box off of Amazon and had to read them the ID numbers located on the box and they activated it over their system and then it began working.
There is an extra $7 a month charge once you activate the Joey unit also.
All in all, I am happy doing this myself and saving a house visit by an installer.
on November 10, 2014
Buying one ABSOLUTELY makes sense if you do not want your contract extended 2 years, especially if you get one at the right price (I bought mine for 49.99). Even if I get rid of Dish/decide to actually extend my contract with new equipment, this little piece of technology will still have some partial resale value. Much better than a potential 240.00 termination fee.
on July 12, 2015
After getting the run around from dish I finally got my dish installed by the nicest installer that took the time to install after the customer support cancelled the install. Other than that the device works great and I received prompt delivery.
on November 29, 2013
Joey works as I expected. Self-installation was a cinch. With the addition of a Netgear/Dish Network USB Wifi adapter I am able to use Joey without a coax connection to the satellite dish or Hopper. That alone makes it worth the price of admission!
on February 25, 2014
The package I received included a mounting plate, some velcro pieces, a remote with batteries included, a Joey receiver, receiver and smartcard number stickers, as well as remote stickers that designate which room the remote belongs in. This seller is not selling Dish network services, so I am not going to include that in my review at all. The seller provides everything as advertised. Good packaging and fairly quick shipping.
on January 18, 2015
Just like DishNet equipment.
on March 11, 2015
The Joey was registered to the original owner. Dish will not activate a Joey when registered to another person!
on October 9, 2015
Recived the Joey that was leased by another party and was unable to use. All I can say is buyer beware, this is a very Gray Area!