Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SHARKK® Aluminum Wallet Credit Card Holder With RFID Protection Made By SHARKK Brands
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on February 12, 2012
I've seen these in the stores and thought I'd give one a try. I started by attempting to transfer the contents of my bi-fold, windowed, money-clip, front-pocket wallet:

* Three credit cards
* Two state issued ID cards
* Insurance card (credit card sized)
* Five store loyalty cards (credit card sized)
* School ID (in a sleeve with bus pass taped to outside)
* Two hotel room keys
* Five business cards
* Five bills of US cash

That did not even come close to fitting. Here's what I managed to get in comfortably:

* Three credit cards
* Two state issued ID cards
* Insurance card (credit card sized)
* Five store loyalty cards (credit card sized)
* One hotel room key

Adding one more item caused the case not to seal entirely. Adding two more made it hard to close (and reopen). Adding three more made it impossible to close.

Here are the major negatives:

* US Cash needs to be folded into thirds or quarters to fit. That makes the cash very thick. If I take out three cards, I can get the cash in.
* Student ID with sleeve did not fit at all. It was just too big. I may be able to trim the sleeve a little with a pen-knife, but that's a pain.

Fortunately, this thing is pretty inexpensive. I'll try to go through the stack and see what I can take out.

Update: After using it for a couple days, I added a star! What is really cool about this wallet is that it opens like an expanding filing system. You can easily get to any individual card inside. I find it's easier to fumble around to get my hotel room key card out with my hands full than my old wallet.
55 comments|495 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
This is the best $8 I ever spent... and the last time I reach into a ratty old leather wallet. I am a devoted front-pocket wallet carrier, and have used small bifold card wallets for a few years now. They are always a mess and difficult to keep organized. At $5-$10 each I would go through 2 or more in a year. Not any more. I have only been using the SHARRK swallet for a few weeks now, but it has been a phenomenal tool. It certainly can't hold as much as my old wallet, but it forces me to be more selective about what I carry and forego all the unneeded garbage I used to stuff in my old wallet. I have gone from a disgusting over-stuffed messy soft taco wallet to a neat, clean and professional looking and behaving SHARRK. I even can occassionally enjoy that Cary Grant feeling of flipping open my SHARRK like an old cigarette case. An unadvertised but socially valuable added bonus. Seriously though...my biggest concern was regarding the durability of this product. The design is intelligent in that it does not allow you to overstuff it, which is what would 1) cause your cards to be damaged, and 2) likely damage the wallet's clasp and hinges. I have a driver's license, 9 cards, and a few pictures and business cards. There is probably room to fit a dozen or so cards total in the SHARRKs "pockets", which let you easily flip through your cards like a small rolodex. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. I can't even say I wish I had bought two..because I'm not sure I'll ever need another.
44 comments|134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 5, 2015
After a few months of using as a wallet, this thing has just worn out. The hinge broke, clasp is unreliable, inner lining ripped. And this was just with day to day use, primarily keeping the wallet in my front pocket. I bought the Sharkk over the no-name versions because I thought that it would be of high quality. Mistake made once, not to be repeated. Looking elsewhere for a thin wallet/card holder.
review image
on March 29, 2015
I hope that nobody else falls for this. I got this wallet for Christmas 2014 but it took me about two weeks to start using it since I got used to my old leather wallet. However, once I started using it I found that I liked it. Until it started falling apart, that is. First the clasp broke so that it wouldn't click closed anymore. Then the hinge came apart so the only thing holding it together was the one leftover hinge and the fact that it's in my jeans pocket. I was assured by the product reviews that said it is GUARANTEED AND WILL BE REPLACED if it doesn't last. So I wrote an email to SHARKK describing my wallet, and expected that they would respond with a replacement. It's been 2 weeks now since that email and I haven't received any response. Now my wallet is barely holding together and I've noticed that the outer coating of color has chips in it. Looking pretty sad for 2 1/2 months of normal use. Hope these photos save someone else from getting ripped off.
review image review image review image
on January 30, 2012
Love the case, it is slim, colorful and fits in my pocket. The case is very durable and it holds a good amount of cards! Definitely recommend
on April 27, 2012
I love the look and feel of this item, but there are some problems that outweigh its style. I've had mine for about a month and the paint is starting to fade; a pin fell out of one hinge, and the other is loose; and the material that holds my cards is peeling away from the inside. I bought it because I'm in the military and needed something that would last. This wallet is not going to survive for long, which defeats the its purpose.
33 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2014
It's good for credit cards and some other similarly dimensioned objects, however if you have anything thicker it won't fir due to the limitations of design.

One major flaw is durability. I used it rather carefully, however it did fall a couple of times and as a result the mechanism that holds in together (metal rods and small plastic parts at the bottom) fell off and now it opens like an accordion. Also some slots in the middle became torn(to be honest I did use them for my ID cards whit are a little bit thicker that credit cards) and now it's pretty difficult to access uttermost compartments.

While it's in pristine condition, it's a pleasure to use and it does what it advertises, but I expected a lot more from an item with "lifetime" warranty.
review image review image review image review image
on November 16, 2012
I have this wallet and I'm buying more in different colors. I have black, it looks more expensive than the other colors but I have a hard time finding it in my purse! Although it is easier to fish for by feel since it is a cold hard aluminum case. The aluminum plating on one side fell off but I super glued it and never had another problem. It is true you cannot over stuff this or it won't close/stay closed. Check the reviews and pay a little more because the cheap ones have clasps that break - not something you can fix. There is an over-sized one of these out now but honestly - this is only to be used for your credit cards! I don't think people get the original intention of the aluminum wallets... they are NOT a replacement for your wallet. They are a secure place to store ONLY your credit cards to keep them safe from RFID collectors (if your cards even have RFID installed in them). They aren't for storing cash, paper insurance cards or anything like that. Only cards with magnetic strips and RFID chips - for your protection not for your convenience.

If you want protection and absolutely must have a HUGE wallet then use individual sleeves on your credit cards and put them in your huge wallet (sit on that thing long enough and your spine will be mis-aligned in no time!).

If you have more than 7 credit cards then buy one of the real wallets with RFID protection that are quite expensive - but how expensive are they really if they prevent someone from stealing your credit card info just by walking past you?

On the other hand - if you are too cheap to spend the money on an RFID blocking wallet - wrap your cards in aluminum foil. (really)

BTW as another user pointed out - the wallets featured here are so smooth they will slide right out of your pocket on your pants or jacket if you don't have a button or zipper on that pocket to hold it in...

Good luck!
55 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I see thety took down my review of this piece of garbage. I wanted an "Aluminum" wallet as it was described. Instead I got a plastic wallet with some aluminum covering it. I trust Amazon to tell the truth about what it is selling, even if the seller is from the outside. If you look at the "most helpful" reviews they are ALL positive. Amazon, shame on you! Taking down negative reviews is not cool!
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2012
A lot of the reviews for this are speaking volumes over it, however; outside the sturdy shell of this product it's a waste of money. The cards I have in my wallet don't fit, they fall out, and not to mention there's absolutely not place to put your dollar bills. It's just complete non-functional. Definitely do some searching on Amazon to find another similar product that fits.