on August 14, 2012
+A great reliable enterprise printer. Nice touch screen - Best bit is it uses a capacitive touch screen (same as ipad) so it's accurate to use, and every touch is registered (unlike the resistive touch screens)

+Easy to setup - very easy setup on the network and very easy to setup for email.

+Easy for the staff to use, we don't get questions on this system

-Interface still has room for improvements - it has a lovely color screen, and great touch sensitivity, but: it's frustrating you can't swipe, and if you've used an ipad that's exactly what you want to do. Also the graphics on the interface look about 5 years old - it seems like they have taken the easy route and used their old software on this lovely new machine/screen. This does not detract much from it's useability - I'd just like to see the software updated/modernized, anyone can use an ipad, make it like that!

Nice job overall, I will be purchasing several more of these.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 15, 2014
Superb piece of technology, I love every thing about it, the setup was a dream, and the configuration was smart and straightforward, and as I started to print high resolution pics on it, I started to appreciate it even more, so, so far so good and I hope my opinion doesn't change anytime soon.

One catch, you better be in a 300 Lbs bench-press shape to handle this baby, it's a load, but it's worth it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 28, 2012
I bought this $2,200 HP color laserjet 500/575 MFP and they told me the EW2500 Jetdirect would be "easy to set up". It is absolutely impossible to connect the Jetdirect to my wireless LAN that uses WPA2-personal security. I have over a dozen devices on my WLAN and I am a networking professional and have been at this for 12 hours in three sessions and I have read every post out there. I checked all of the HP boards and forums and there are dozens of identical user complaints and not a single solution to any of the threads - shame on you HP!!! I also spent 2 hours on ah HP chat session with an extremely unhelpful HP employee who did not know how to fix it and ran me around in circles with long delays between responses until he finally told me to reset both devices and try again - which I did to no avail. These products are absolutely broken and HP should be avoided at all expense. I am taking both products back to HP on Monday.

Update - the firmware was also faulty and did not support the scan to email function. That means you have to install a USB stick in the back of the printer, do the scan, save to USB and then walk the USB to your computer, load the scan off your computer, then attach it to an email, then send it. Unbelievable!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations