Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nokia Lumia 900, Black 16GB (AT&T)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2012
I'm not much of a power user when it comes to phones. However, I do use it to somewhat most of its capabilities. Initially starting off with an iphone for its simplicity, I opted for an Android for the more customizability. After using these different mobile OSs, some glaring issues pop out, namely the OSs being on the extremes of simplicity and customizability. For my own personal uses, the Windows Phone OS fits a happy median between the other OSs. With Palm being out of the picture, there are no other major competitors that fill that middle ground.

As for the hardware itself, the phone is sleek and simple. It is bigger than I expected, being larger than any previous phone I've owned. Although its a single core, it performs like a champ and I haven't had any issues with crashes or freezes. From a moderate user's standpoint, the OS and phone is visually appealing while being aesthetically and operationally simple. If you're tired of iphones and androids, take a stroll with a Windows Phone, particularly the Lumia 900 and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
on May 3, 2012
I really like this phone. It's not perfect but its worth checking out. Has a premium look and feel. After update have not run into any real problems with usage. HOWEVER....be aware that your hotmail password CAN NOT be a long one. I had a 17 character password and was prevented from getting into hotmail or syncing. I'm currently using a 9 character password. If you are getting a message that says "your e-mail or password is not correct", and you SURE it is, suggest making sure its not more than 9 or so characters long. Unfortuneatly Microsoft neglects to mention this!!! Spent hour on phone with tech support and 2 hours with salesman at ATT store, before the salesman stumbled across this little tidbit on the internet!
Still I highly recommend this phone!!!!!!!
on May 6, 2012
Great phone all around, the user interface is perfect. Not to messy or cluttered, wicked easy to use. The amount of apps are fine, the majority of apps on Android is impressive yet wouldn't use 75% of them, this gets the job done in a new and sleak way. Really am happy I stuck with it past the first day.
on April 9, 2012
Coming from an HTC Trophy on Verizon, i have already had experience with Windows Phone. I love the OS and feel it brings a lot of new ideas to how a smartphone should operate.

The phone is incredibly fast, feels great, and looks incredible. The brightness of the screen in the daylight is the best on any smartphones i've owned by far.

My wife switched from a Droid and has had this phone for about 4 days and she loves it as well. The biggest thing for her is getting use to the Windows Phone OS, as she came from a droid. So far it has been very easy for her, and she hasn't had to ask me too many questions.

If i had to pick a con for this phone, it would be the 8MP camera. It takes great pictures in good lighting, but isn't that great in darker settings. The auto-adjust feature works well, it takes nice pictures, but it isn't the best camera on a smartphone that there is.
on April 10, 2012
I've had this phone for about two days now and I am amazed by the capabilities of this phone. Talk about smooth. And I love how seamless opening Office documents is. I just downloaded my first video, via Windows Phone Connector for OS X, and I'm very happy with the quality.
on April 8, 2012
I owned iPhone 3g 3gs and 4.once I got lumia 900,It's a refreshing.good looking,bigger screen,live tile,4g lte,Do I have enough reason?
on April 9, 2012
As many reviews have been written today, I don't want to repeat a lot (and can spend more time with the Lumia 900, which I got two days ago). ;)

Let me start by saying that I already owned a lot of Android devices (Samsung & LG), iPhones (3 & 4s) and also Nokia devices (e. g. E71, E7/N8 and now for one month the Lumia 800 which - in contrast to the Lumia 900 - has a 3,7' display, no front-facing cam and does not support LTE).

The Lumia 900 is the best device I ever had due to
-> a fantastic and very sexy hardware (curved body, impressive display with enormous colors and great resolution)
-> LTE!!! (now I browse the web a lot faster than with my iPhone)
-> very intuitive and fast operating system
-> nice exclusive Nokia apps (I can recommend ESPN & CNN [and am wondering why there is only a beta version of Skype?)
-> good battery
-> great Carl Zeiss 8MP-camera

I don't think that there is a better smartphone out there...definitively not for $100.

Great to have you back in the ring, Nokia. Keep on going!
on April 12, 2012
Got my Lumia 900 Saturday and love it. Internet browsing is lightening fast, faster than my home FIOS connection. The organization, layout and ease of use is remarkable. This is the sexiest tech product I have seen in a very long time and I go back to Commodore 64's.
on May 9, 2012
I recently purchased two Nokia Lumia 900s, and we are completely satisfied with the choice. Using this phone is just like using a Windows OS computer -- your e-mail, photos, and favorite websites are all just a tap away.

I am told by people I call that the phone sound clarity is very adequate (I am understating the case -- I was told it is "perfect" including over the SYNC system in our SUV). We were able to port our phone numbers from our old carrier -- just be sure AT&T has your correct information from your former carrier account. We did have a glitch, but AT&T quickly fixed things. AT&T also solved other problems in a way that was very beneficial to us. I cannot speak too highly of both their tech support and billing employees. They have been superb!

Bear in mind that if you are used to smaller flip phones, for example, the size of this baby takes a little getting used to; however, this slight impracticality is outweighed by all of the things this phone can do.

There are apps for everything under the sun, and many, many are free. We are using GasBuddy, WeatherBug, FastFood Nutrition, and Lotto, to name a few.

Our data package with AT&T gives each of us 3Gig of data per month. We are averaging under 10Meg a day, so we are well on course. When we use a WiFi network, we get unlimited data use and no usage charge against the 3Gig allotment. We may be able to cut back to a 300Meg plan and save on the monthly charges. (If any of this turns out differently over time, I will update this section of my review.)

If you are looking to take the next step in hardware, I am confident that you will be very happy with this choice. The AT&T-Nokia-Microsoft relationship is a good one for us customers!
on May 15, 2012
I have used pretty much all the smartphone OS (Android, IOS, BB, WP7). Many times if not the OS the device had failed to work on several tasks in the past. For example: My Samsung Vibrant would always fail to register for GPS. My iPhone connection would drop and the reception was sometimes so crappy that I had to forget that I was using a phone. Then I used G2X as being the fastest android on its times (Dual core etc). Soon I figured that dual core doesn't matter to run the phone faster. I switched to SGSII to and still the same result. The screen of SGS2 was horrendously over saturated.

I saw Lumia 900 when I was at Best Buy. The phone's UI and hardware was fluid and everything worked as expected. 1 Week later I bought Lumia 900 phone. I was little skeptical of buying any new phones as I was tired of every smartphone tending to slow down over time. Btw, G2X was crazy slow just after few weeks.

I am using this phone as my daily driver and I am so amazed that it has worked in every area . GPS, directions, yelping, emails, sync, social accounts and much more. I just don't have anything to complain about this phone except one thing, Camera. Camera is not as great as I expected from Nokia. I have used Nokia phones before and their camera quality is comparable to Digital Cameras but not this one. I have the purple tint problem on most of the images that I click through this phone. This is specifically for the images taken from the camera. Nothing related to screen display. The fix is to basically click on "Auto-Fix" after you click the picture. This should fix the issue. But hey, I don't use camera every day, so I am fine with it. If I take all the features and camera issue in to consideration, this phone is by far the best device I have used as a smartphone. There are always few minor things that might bother other people but comparing those to other smartphone issues is absolutely nothing. I would give this phone a perfect 5 stars.