Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on April 9, 2012
I just picked up one of these phones. I have used Android and Iphones in the past and Windows Phone has the best e-mail, calender integration for outlook. The interface really fast. I highly recommend this phone to everyone.

This is my first Nokia phone and the build quality is awesome.
on April 12, 2012
This phone is just amazing. Most of the CORE things we seek in a SmartPhone are so fluidly built into the OS itself that you don't need many apps. For the ones that don't exist like Pandora, I use wpFANDORA, which is awesome.
The NOKIA Build is just amazing, as compared to iPhone when you hold it and start using - just feels so solid and svelte. My favorite is the Live Tiles which show information without having to open and close apps one after the other - this definitely save a lot of time. To boot there is fluid integration with 25GB free storage on SkyDrive which actually make the overall storage to 41 GB. I can see all my albums from SkyDrive in my picture hub, which is one of my favorites. Also the camera is freaking awesome, if you are patient and learn how to take shoots. Only Anandtech took the time to review to the Camera on this phone and write a thorough review. I am not disappointed at all.
on April 9, 2012
Quite simply LOVE the phone! Easy to use. Simple set-up. Totally different than any other OS I have ever had before. People hub is very cool and the maps are great. Intuitive and very easy to use!
on April 14, 2012
This is a great phone. I switched from an iPhone 4 to it. It can translate a menu written in a foreign language just by taking a photo of it! It has Siri-like integration built into it and it works very well for search and stuff. I can attach more than one attachment to an email.

My contacts are fully integrated with all their LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter information rolling up together in one view. Speaking of which, it takes 2 minutes to transfer all your contacts wirelessly via bluetooth to your new Nokia Lumia 900, all you need to do is download the free Nokia Contacts Transfer app that comes with the phone, pair and voila! I have ~3000 contacts, no glitches whatsoever. The phone has Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) built into the operating system. Nokia REALLY knows how to build the phone part of a smartphone, and it shows. Call reception quality is fantastic. No issues there. The screen isn't a retina screen like iPhones have, but its quality is very, very very good! In sunlight, the screen is unbelievably clear for use. I have most of the iPhone apps I'm used to, and all my music (my entire iTunes Library) from Google Music streams through an app called Cloudmuzik. No issues at all there. I miss Audible, Dropbox, GoodReader and Mint, but I know it's only a matter of time before they show up. I can be patient.

The software is very smooth, no lags or skips and the interface is beautiful. Battery life is long and trouble free. I'm not here to put down other phones. Buy what suits you, but this is a really good device from a company with a great reputation and 50% of all mobile patents, including most foundational ones on LTE technology. The camera is the only thing that hasn't lived up to expectations, it's not as good as an iPhone camera, particularly in low light situations. There's a pink haze at the center of the photo focus that persists, not sure why? I hope Nokia fixes this soon enough. Windows phone is a solid OS, and Nokia is a very reputable hardware maker. You can see that they collaborated thoughtfully to produce a great product. Did I mention the phone comes with free, fully downloadable, offline (you don't need to use data) turn by turn navigation in 60 languages with maps for 100 countries? Fantastic!

Seriously, Nokia have over-delivered for a $50 phone, but I guess they're like Avis, trying harder. The amazing thing is that even if you buy the phone outright, it costs only $450. Best value for money for an LTE smartphone.

SOFTWARE ISSUE FIXED!

I personally didn't experience the data connectivity issue reported, but on Friday April 13th, three days earlier than promised, Nokia shipped a software update that fixed the issue for those affected. You still get to keep the $100 they offered for the inconvenience as long as you bought the phone before April 21st, 2012. Below is the dedicated page with video and written instructions for how to fix the issue.
[...]

The issue was caused by a data memory overload problem in software that handles the SIM card. Nokia has set a new bar for responding to a problem with dedication and promptness, but if you're still unhappy and disappointed, you can return your phone to an AT&T store for a full refund.
on April 16, 2012
I recently purchased the Nokia Lumia 900 and have only positive things to say about it. It does everything I would want a smartphone to do and it does it all very quickly. I switched from a Blackberry Bold 9000 and the Lumia 900 is in a different league. The windows operating system is the best out there. Its very intuitive and functions seamlessly. I had no problems synching my email accounts. The battery life also seems to be very strong and the phone can easily get through a full day of heavy use. I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for a fast, easy to use smartphone.
on April 11, 2012
I have used Apple 4S and Android Samsung galaxy. I find the MSFT OS to be easier, and love the metro tiles.
I love my new Lumia
on April 19, 2012
While this may seem to some as another Nokia 900 user jumping on the bandwagon of 5 star reviews, I assure you it is sincere. I switched from an Apple 3Gs last week after my iphone would no longer hold a charge for over a couple of hours. Time to move on. I looked at the iphone 4 and 4s, some Samsung and HTC models, but the Lumia 900 seemed to be both a quality phone and a great deal. I've owned a Nokia in the past and really liked it. But the Lumia has blown me away. It is the first Windows OS phone I've had and I've got to say it is sweet. Fast, responsive, and easy to use. I don't do alot of surfing or music listening, but I do have several email accounts and need a sturdy,relaible phone. So far, the Lumia 900 has met my needs perfectly. The battery life seems superior, the set-up was fast and very easy, call reception is good, and I love the design and feel of the phone. I was a little wary it would be too big, but it is a very convenient phone to carry around.It has some weight to it, which I like, and the camera is awesome! Using Zune for downloads and transfers is okay, but I do wish more apps were available (I'm sure they will be as Windows OS catches on), but I have other devices with apps, so it's not a deal-breaker for me. Overall, The Nokia Lumia 900 has been a real joy to use and I see it as a phone I can use for a number of years without wanting to change because of problems. If you're wondering whether to give it a look, I would definitely recommend it.
on April 11, 2012
I went to the local ATT store and noticed the standing out Lumia ad painted on their walls. I briefly played with the phone and they were nice. One thing I noticed that the skype app was missing and I was not able to find it on the marketplace. When I asked the salesperson, she just told me to go to marketplace to download it. I am not sure if she has been trained to sell the phone. I do see people buying these new phones. I am going to buy the cyan or black one for myself and a white one (when it comes out) for my wife.
22 comments13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2012
The phone is looks beautiful, feels great in your hands and is easy to use. Different profiles of the same person are easily linked so as to be viewed in one place. The integration of various caladers in one place (including Facebook) is also a great feature. The Gorilla glass is scratch resistant and unbreakable. The screen is also easily viewable in sunlight. The phone is amazingly smooth and incredibly fast. Last but not least, the call quality and reception is great. The speaker is also of very high quality.
on August 2, 2012
I decided I wanted the Lumia 900 right now. I resolved that it was silly for me to wait for a new operating system that will cost three times as much up front and will remain just as expensive until spring of next year. So I gave my Android a rest and so far am extremely glad to be using this phone. It feels good to have given support to Nokia. They are innovators, but not the slickest marketers (which is why they're hurting, but I really believe they can bounce back.) What Nokia lacks in hot air, they make up for with pretty solid (albeit barebones) GPS navigation and fast, responsive hardware.

The Windows Phone 7.5 platform is an exceptional experience for me, despite some organizational and customization quirks. I almost stuck with Android for another two years but had the chance to go into a store and try the Lumia 900. If you are wondering how it works, find out yourself. I'm able to search the Internet incredibly well with IE/Bing (and Google of course.) The voice and optical recognition software are great touches. The resolution looks fine. The single core processor powers the device very well. The specs don't look wild on paper, but the thing moves along swiftly and the OS is not a totally nasty battery pig. Nokia's camera is intuitive and useful - macro settings, exposure settings, white balance etc. Long press and hit auto-fix to adjust light balance on the low light shots... works nicely along with the other Nokia imaging software available in the marketplace (and the new app Fhotoroom, which is also free and pretty incredible.)

What strikes me is how this phone has a 4.5 star rating on the average from so many people. Satisfied customers usually don't go out of their way to write a phone review in such numbers, the usual top-tier exceptions aside. The prospective Lumia 900 buyer at this point has a choice between listening to the market-savvy expertise of those who do not own the phone and what actual users have to say. The experts say wait for Windows Phone 8 or give dozens of reasons why Android and iPhone are currently better choices. What I chose to do is support Nokia NOW, and the phone team at Microsoft as well. The Lumia 900 will not be outdated until 20 months from now when my contract expires. It is working incredibly well and should continue to do so if all goes peachy. Applications will remain on the market for when I need them, and I'm sure the 7.8 update is going to be just fine. I'll aim to give an update about the update a few weeks from now in the comments.

I can't tell you whether to buy the 900 or wait; all I can say is with this many satisfied customers and the good bargains being offered, I did not care in the least about guru opinions regarding the next greatest thing. I care about having a product that I stand by. I stand by this. I'm surprised how much I like the Windows Phone platform - I never thought I'd get excited about anything by Microsoft, but I am excited about this. You might be surprised as well; see for yourself how this phone operates. By the way, reception and call quality? Yes, it performs really well on those fronts, and the phone interface looks especially excellent.
22 comments12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse