Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

on April 12, 2012
upgraded on AT&T from a Samsung Focus so I won't need to get into the Windows interface because i obviously like it. This is a great phone. Looks and feels expensive unlike some of the other WP7 phones out there. Definitely deserves full credit. On top of that Nokia is now issuing the credit which will make it free for me!
on April 20, 2012
been an iphone user since first iphone came out. after playing with 1/2 millions apps, after paying $99 bucks for Tomtom apps. I found Nokia 900 pretty easy to use, simple layout, free GPS, awesome speed. it is very hard to beat the fact that this phone is actually free when i placed my order.
on April 11, 2012
Just loving it. I wish I had gotten the cyan but they were unavailable. Best part is with the $100 credit, the phone will be free. Woot!
on June 14, 2012
I got tired of obsessively tinkering with my Android phone to get it to work like I wanted. It was just way too chaotic. Nevermind the 6-hour battery life. And why would I ever want an iPhone, which is just Windows 3.1 on a 3.5" screen?

The Lumia 900 has made me not have to worry about messing with my phone anymore. It just works well, and that's the way it works. If that works for you, then great... But if you like to spend hours every week rooting and tweaking, then enjoy your miserable Android life. I don't miss it one bit.

I finally have a smartphone that makes me feel at ease about everything going on in my life. I get about a day and a half on a single charge. Plus, the platform is only going to get better! THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED!

PS - If you're having battery issues, make sure to check your background services in the settings, and ask yourself if you really need to check your email as items arrive (push). I set mine to check every 30 minutes and the battery life has been superb.
on April 10, 2012
Unboxing, initial configuration and getting the device to run have been smooth.

The wall charger is very impressive. Small round design with a USB to micro-USB cable. Going with the industry standards, is always appreciated. Connectivity & Charging is a no-hassle game.

Setting up the Windows Live account - smooth.

Setting up Gmail (this is my primary email & and I want all my Gmail folders to push sync with my phone like on the Droid) - 3 step instead of 1, but I again appreciate the way Microsoft/Nokia have this configuration.
To setup Gmail to sync your contacts, calendar & inbox is easy - just choose the Gmail option in the add account screen, tap in the username & password and you are ready to roll.
But to have all your folders push sync'd
- choose Outlook in the add account screen
- tap in the email address & password. tap in "sign in".
- it will fail and prompt for domain. tap in "".
- it will fail again and prompt for server. tap in "".
- this will create your account. Get into the account settings & change the "download new content" setting to "as items arrive"
... and you are done.

- Installing/setting up Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Kindle, Whatsapp, Tango, Netflix, Office, X-box live is a breeze. I love the Need for Speed games series running seamlessly on my phone.

Do not be in haste to install all the apps you can find. Its true, there is a lot of crapware in the Windows Marketplace & I seriously hope that Microsoft mops up the mess. Using appropriate filtering like Top Free, Top paid, Featured will help. Also the "App Highlights" application details some notable apps. The Nokia apps are also well designed to work on this phone. The Nokia Creative Studio almost replaces Instagram. But as far as the camera is concerned, the auto-focus function need to be improvised. Surely a software/firmware update will fix it.

I am not liking the Zune software to sync music or other content with my phone. I like to better manage using the file system than using a software (Zune) layer. I mean, the phone should show up on the computer (WindowsPC in my case) as a USB drive. But, I am sure to find a workaround soon, like bypassing the iTunes for my iPhone.

I have been downloading, installing, configuring and messing around with this phone non-stop for over 6 hours now & the battery is still going strong. Too early to comment on the battery, but with Nokia's reputation I have no doubts of this one spicing up an entire day.

Hats off to Microsoft & Nokia.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
Pre-Ordered my Lumia on day 1 of pre-orders, payed the full retail off-contract at an AT&T store and decided to give it a chance.

I am absolutely blown away by this device. I had been putting off trying out Windows Phone due to my investment in Android, but I have to say that knowing what I do now I regret not making the switch sooner.

To get a couple of things out of the way; yes, there is a relative paucity of applications available compared to iOS and Android. Also, yes, there is a learning curve to the device if you're coming off of a steep time frame with Android. The other end of this though is that time will solve both problems as I've picked up the device very well within a day or two and with the sales the Lumia experienced we should see a resurgence of interest in the platform and probably a boost to the available marketplace.

That being said though, there's very little I've come across I would say is truly lacking in the marketplace. I do miss Pandora to some extent, but I have a Zune account so that's a minor annoyance which was easily remedied.

The screen is gorgeous with rich blacks and smooth, bright and accurate color reproduction. I'd heard middling reviews on the camera but so far it's been great though as unforgiving as any other camera if you take a bad picture. I would place it at least the equal of any other cellphone camera I've tried, including the iPhone 4 (possibly 4S) and the more recent Android offerings from Samsung.

The browsing experience is great even though I don't have LTE local to me - yet. We're slated for a release here in Northeast Ohio.

Heft and balance in the hand is great, though getting used to a more slender device (first I've used in a long time without a sliding keyboard) has been another learning curve, but the feel is amazing. It has some mass to it, but you rarely feel it as it is spread out neatly across the device and it's spread well throughout so you don't end up with a top-heavy experience.

Battery life has been absolutely astounding. I would struggle to get through even an eight hour workday on my previous device - I went almost the entire weekend without charging my Lumia. Took it off the charger on Friday evening and plugged it in Sunday morning, almost 36 hours to the minute after the fact and there was still some room to go on time. This is with frequent texting, use as a music player in the car, web browsing, a few calls... she holds up with aplomb and refuses to die.

This is, bar none, the best phone I have ever owned and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to step into smartphones new and fresh or has been using them for quite a while. As the title of the review suggests, it was everything I was hoping for and then even a little more and I doubt I could get any happier with the handset than this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
The Lumia 900, in my opinion, is probably the best looking phone I've ever had (Two iPhones, multiple HTC's, and Samsung). Not only is it great to look at but the build quality is beyond compare. The polycarbonate body really is tough and doesn't feel flimsy like most phones.

At first I thought having an unlock button on the side would trip me up a little but it actually makes it much easier to unlock with my thumb while holding the phone in my hand. The dedicated camera button is also a great feature and makes it easy to take pictures quickly, even while the screen is locked.

I had read about the Lumia's ClearBlack display and thought it would be the same as my Samsung Focus S. The deep blacks and eye-popping colors are there, but the major difference is looking at this screen in direct sunlight - I can actually see what I'm doing without shading it or finding an angle away from the sunlight. This is probably my favorite "surprise" feature.

Call quality is excellent, signal strength is better than most other phones I've used (AT&T's signal is poor in my neighborhood), responsiveness to touch is near flawless, processor power is excellent and having access to Nokia's exclusive apps is a huge benefit.

Cons? Only those related to the Windows Phone OS - but really those are limited and every OS has its issues. If you're a constant customizer and like to root the OS Android is a better choice. If you can't break yourself away from Apple then the iPhone is your only choice. If you like to do everyday things like post on Facebook and Twitter, lots of text and Facebook messages, take lots of pictures, download all the music you want for $10/month and have detailed updates on your home screen then you'll love Windows Phone. And the Lumia 900 is the best one on the market.
on April 9, 2012
Just checked it out at the local ATT store. I came out very impressed. The screen is very responsive and the colors are soo vibrant. Coming from an iPhone 4 user, I would have switched it then and there if only my contract were over. Actually, I will be due an upgrade this fall and the Lumia seems destined to be my next phone. Personally feel the iPhone screen is a tad too small for browsing while the Lumia's screen seems perfect.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
Better than my Iphone in general. I think the windows phone OS on the Lumia 900 is very good ... fast, responsive and easy to use ... it took me about 15 mins to get use to the OS ... I really like this phone. You can also customize the live tiles with different colors. GPS can talks in many languages. Internet access is fast since it uses 4G LTE which is much faster than 3G. For $100.00 with contract, it's a good deal.
on April 12, 2012
Picked this up yesterday and I've been very happy with it. I also like the fact that it will have cost me nothing after the $100 credit! I would highly recommend this phone to anyone that wants a simple, easy to use smartphone. I haven't had an issue finding the apps I wanted. It's hard to believe this came from the same company that brought us Windows. Great to see a new player in the market.