on October 5, 2012
These earphones have three buttons and a mic and work great with my HTC Evo LTE but won't stay in my ears!

The Good:

I think they look fairly nice with the big HTC logo and the flat fettuccine like tangle free wires. The wires are a good length also so I can keep my phone in my baggy work shorts. The wide wire also contains a separate wire just for the fm antennae which definitely does help with reception. And they are a great price to boot!

The middle button pauses music and takes calls. It also will call the last person in your call history with a double click (not with all music apps). The forward and back buttons move from track to track but provide no other functions such as fast forward, rewind or volume control.
So far I have tested the headphones with WinAmp music player, the stock Android music player, google cloud music and slacker radio. All the buttons worked in all the apps except for in WinAmp app where only the call last person with a double click would not work.

I'm not an audiophile at all, but the sound coming out of these is pretty good. I used a 320 kbps compressed dubstep song with plenty of highs, mids and lows with beats audio manager turned on. The music is clear and crisp with no distortion at high volume levels or during times of high bass. The bass is good for me but may not be enough for some bassfreaks.

The sound quality for voice calls has been very clear with not one person I was talking to even realizing I was using them.

Now for the Bad:

It is ridiculously difficult to keep these things in my ears. It's not the size of my ears but the design and size of the earphones. I've tried all the silicone tips that came with it and even some off of another set of earphones I already owned that fit comfortably, and still it was a no go. I have never had a problem with any other set of in-ear headphones. The speaker that is used is wider than most and not long enough to fit down in the ear canal. The wide back of the headphones that has the HTC logo on it, hits the outer ear preventing the ear tip from going down in the ear canal. The only way for me to keep them in is to grab my ear and pull it down to allow the Wide part to sit right inside my ear. That makes it very uncomfortable if you plan on having it in for more than a few minutes at a time.

Also there is no alligator clip that comes with the headphones. This may sound like a small thing but the wide wires are also a bit heavier and help to pull the headphones right out of my ears. I have rigged up an alligator clip off of another pair of headphones and it definitely helps.

In conclusion these headphones do everything I need them to do (I don't really care about the volume adjustment) and work perfectly with my phone. I was also happily surprised that it worked with slacker radio. But the fact that they have a flawed design that prevents it from staying in my ears makes all of those wonderful things not matter.
on September 13, 2012
Product has nice styling and appearance, esp with flat cables kind of like Beats. Sound quality was good/moderate - not as good as expensive heaphones but better than $5 cheapies (BTW- only paid $8 for this). Cable design is also great - it's long and flat so it can reach inside your clothes when biking and doesn't kink. However, there doesn't appear to have good strain relief on cables as they enter earbud, which means they could easily fray or break. The biggest issue is that even if you change earbud piece (2 sizes) it just doesn't fit well (like other reviews said) in your ear, unless you kind of jam it in. HOWEVER for $<10 this is probably one of the best values for style, performance and quality and would definately recommend.
on October 5, 2012
Verified Purchase
If you only care about sound quality and looks, then dont read further. Just buy this headset, as you would not get such a good quality headset for such a low price. And as a bonus, they look pretty impressive and are very durable too.

Just like any good headphones, given these headphone some time. In 2 to 4 hours they will be nicely broken in and would produce very rich bass and awesome sound quality. Dont judge the sound quality on your first song.

But they have 3 issues, which could have been very easily solved by HTC, but HTC left it to the lethargic engineers who designed parts arousing these 3 issues.

1. They keep falling out. They just dont stay in your ears. The problem is the rubbery part that goes in ear is too soft, and its shape is such that it keeps getting bigger at the end (like a parabola). If you compare other in ear headphones, then you will notice that their rubbery part is a little more stiffer and it gets curved at the end. because of which once it goes in ear it stay there.

2. No clip. Everyone will admit that the headsets are a little heavier that other headsets. The wire is a little stiff and thick. And the thickness and stiffness gives them strength. They are very robust. However, the weight of the wire also pulls the headphones out of the ear. If they had included a nice clip near the mic, if would have solved this problem to a large extent.

3. Cord length for left and right is same, and is very long. So if the wire is just hanging from your head the mic goes far below your chest. Again the clip would have helped here. But if the right was shorter and left was longer, then the left could come from behind the neck and it would have given extra support to the cord. So even when you dont have them in ears, they would have stayed on your neck with the support.

If HTC releases next version fixing these issue, I will be the first one to buy them, provided the cost remains somewhat similar.
on September 10, 2012
Verified Purchase
Its a good set of headphones. The sound quality is amazing, although it starts to fall out of your ears.
on October 1, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought these for use with my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide. My intended use was for phone calls as I've not had good luck lately with bluetooth headsets (echo). My intended use was not listening to music.

These headphones came with different little rubber nipples that fit over the in-ear part. I used the ones that were already installed and noted a really secure, leak-proof fit. I thought this would be great, but when I actually used them I didn't think so anymore. I couldn't hear myself hardly at all, and I found myself almost yelling as a result. I started using the product with only one ear phone in my ear, but it still was strange and disconcerting.

The worse part, though, is my friends complained that every once in a while there was some sort of piercing noise produced. I never have heard it on my end. Two different friends each complained of this, each on the very first time I used the earphones with them, each without knowledge of the others complaint. I used different earphones (the HTC Innovation earphones) for a while and received no complaints. Randomly, I switched back and tried a call with one of them with these new earphones and again they complained. I haven't used them since.

I have a feeling these would be great for music. The secure fit and near complete blocking of external noise (like your own voice) all seem advantageous for this purpose. I admit, I haven't tried them in this capacity.

The flat cord indeed resists tangling like it's supposed to. The earphones look pretty cool, too.

Perhaps it's a compatibility issue with my particular phone, but for me and my intended purpose, these earphones are useless. Sadly, I have to give them 1 star. If I thought I could return them without spending nearly the purchase price on shipping, I would. But for $10 minus my return shipping costs, I think it's not worth the effort. I think my son may have scored some new (music) headphones from this deal.
on September 25, 2012
Verified Purchase
I got these for my HTC ONE X (White) that i bought on ebay.

Pros:
1. Perfectly fits (for me:)
2. Great material, flat wires are durable. The ear plugs are sturdy and fit well.
3. It matches the white ONE X
4. Sound really good, especially when BEATS audio is on
5. $10 with shipping .. excellent value

Cons:
none fore me.. seriously.. none.

Buy it and you can thank me later. I might get the purple one too, love the headphones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 11, 2012
Verified Purchase
Sound is good, but will not stay in my ears. They're constantly falling out. Tried the different sized tips, still fell out.
on October 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
This product was exactly what I expected it to be. Great look and awesome sound quality. Love the no tangle cord. It really does not tangle. Would definitely recommend.
on November 30, 2012
Verified Purchase
Bought it for use with HTC One X. Earbuds easily fall out. The sound quality is awful even for the price. No volume control, though it does allow you to skip between songs and pause. The headset stopped working after 3 weeks (no sound). The tangle-free feature was interesting. Overall, you're better off buying a better quality earphones (e.g. Koss KE29 series) rather than wasting your money
on November 8, 2012
Verified Purchase
The headphones are beautifully design, if that's what you're into, then this is the perfect product for you. Oringinally that's why I was drawn towards purchasing these headphone. However, after purchase, I could not use the headphones because they fall out of your hear every 3 seconds and give you the effect of wearing a stethoscope. the simple thing as touching the wire create excess noise in the ear. Not recommand if you're looking for a set of confortable funtional headphones.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations