Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Color: Gray|Change

on October 27, 2013
The sound quality is pretty good for the price, but they don't last too long. I don't know if its whether I use them everyday for at least 8 hours, or if its just the cheap nature of them, but I have to get a new pair every two to two and a half months. The only reason I keep getting them is because I have to use construction headphones at work, and these are so small that they fit quite comfortably under the headphones. After wearing them under the headphones for 8 hours, they're still comfortable, I don't even feel them due to how small they are.
on March 30, 2015
For the price, Philips did a great product, for in ears in this price range, you can't expect miracles, and it's true, but these headphones do what I need them to do.

I'm not an audiophile, but I like to think I enjoy good sounds! These headphones lack some of the highs in definition, being the biggest weak point. Bass and mid seem balanced enough, once again price point in mind.

Great back up pair of headphones or for situations where some background audio awareness is needed. Also very comfortable to me anyway.

Great cheap buy, better sound than I expected
on December 22, 2015
First off, these cost me a little over $7 when I bought them. At that price they are definitely four star earphones. I'll compare them to the Apple earbuds, which I used prior to receiving these. The Phillips set, to me, is much more comfortable than the Apple earbuds. These are what I consider low profile, which means I can probably sleep with them in, and lay on my side without discomfort. The Apple earbuds were not uncomfortable in this regard, but the following is why I prefer the Phillips set. Maybe the anatomy of my left ear is different, but the Apple earbuds sit in my ear in a way that doesn't allow me to hear the left side. When I mess with it and don't put it in the way it is supposed to be, I can hear it fine. So, the earbud was not defective. My left ear is just different. With this style, the Phillips, they do not get buried in your ear, rather it sits in a way where I can hear both earphones equally. Finally! Stereo again! Now, I will say that the sound quality of the Apple earbuds are better. That's my opinion. These are not as clear as the Apple ones. I'd say they produce a slightly muddled sound but, again, for $7 earphones they sound pretty darn good. If you like to sleep with headphones in, especially on your side, and if you have one ear that doesn't take to the design of an earbud, then give these a try. Worst case scenario you're out $7. Lastly, I'll say this, what the hell does Phillips think they're protecting with the packaging they use? I could sooner tear my enemies to shreds than open that damn package. Seriously Phillips, look into some "frustration free" packaging. All in all, good buy.
on April 5, 2016
They do not fit or stay in place in my ear. Consequently, the sound really suffers, particularly the bass frequencies. These need to stay fully inserted to deliver nice full bass tone. I can tell that when I press and hold them in place, they sound quite nice. So I suspect if these fit you, they will sound pretty good. I am not so lucky, and it is not worth the cost of return postage to send them back for a refund. They do seem a bit sturdier build than some of the cheapo ear bud out there. But with the way they don't fit or stay in my ears, the sound is tinny and thin, and lacks any bass or lower midrange.
on July 5, 2015
Clear sound, but it didn't have enough bass. Tried different songs of differing beats/bass. I wanted something with better bass, maybe even bass-boosted, like my previous Philips earpiece. But the sound was abit too sharp for my liking (cymbals were really loud). Also I think it decreases the volume of the overall music output, which is strange. Other than that, its a decent piece of earphones, considering the reasonable pricing.
on December 14, 2013
These are okay and have good sound.

Only thing is my ears are small, so after awhile they start to bother me a little.

Other than that the sound performance is pretty good!
on December 18, 2014
Not bad, not great. Good for voice, so-so for music. I like this style of ear bud because you don't have to shove it down your ear canal like some others. The ear-canal type of ear buds tend to have much better sound quality, richer bass, but have a few drawbacks for me. For one, comfort (which varies from person to person), and secondly, the ear-canal style tends to block out ambient sound which is good if you need to study, for example, but often I need to be able to hear the sounds around me. I wish I could find a better ear bud in this style that has a rich full sound for music. I also have Koss SportaPro over-the-ear headphones, much better for music, but I like the ultra-portable ear bud. I want the best of both worlds. Please let me know if you have a suggestion. If you get this style of ear bud, I recommend foam ear bud covers because they add to the comfort and help keep them in place in your ears.
on November 28, 2014
Just got these in the mail today. From what I can tell from using these, the sound is great for me. I hope these do last a long time as some have attested to because these little beauties rock! I'm not for a lot of bass in my music but when rockin' out, these earbuds produce quite a convincing sound (not studio quality) but more than enough for me. If you want something that replaces the OEM apple earbuds. these will definitely do the job just fine. I was surprised these came days in advance of estimated shipping time too! Another thing is volume is great on these. On my ipod, i barely had to crack the volume up past half-way to get a good loud deep sound out of them.
on January 19, 2016
Sound is good. Not high fidelity but very good for the price. Ear piece is "rubberized" so they fit snugly. Regarding headphones that stop working: this is most likely caused by the cord being pulled/jerked while plugged in. Avoid abusing the cord and they'll last.
on June 17, 2015
The sound and ear comfort are excellent, especially for the price. My only negative is that the lead(s) are too short and lacks flexibility. These would be 5 star plus if the wiring were better (i.e. more like Sony and others in this price range).