Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 13, 2012
I did a good search for this one and I've nothing but good points to review on. Let's start with the delivery, 2 - 3 days at the most...on my step. (Be sure to include some delivery instructions, cause it was "on my step"). The styling, size, weight and set up are just what I was looking for. It's a great size, thin (2 1/2") and it's lite. I wall mounted this unit and it looks great. The remote is easy to use and setup was a snap. The picture quality and sound are equally as great. I recommend this unit if your are looking for an "all in one", that won't break the bank. Cheers!
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Apex LE3212D TV / DVD combo performs rather well, as long as you have realistic expectations.

Let's get this out of the way up front. The LE3212D is not meant to compete against $2000 Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic LCD TVs. It's not even meant to compete against the $500 versions of those brands. For the price, this TV works well enough for a dorm room, or workout room, or perhaps small office room where you might want to occasionally hook up a laptop to it. The TV itself has a rather slim profile with a fatter section for the DVD loading slot on the back right side. The base has a small footprint and was easy to connect, but you will need to use 4 screws (included) to secure it. Not the most stylish piece of hardware, but it's nowhere near an eyesore either. What the LE3212D does have, however, is a healthy array of inputs. For a 32" TV at this price I was pleasantly surprised to find 3 HDMI inputs, a VGA input, component and composite inputs, and a coaxial cable input. The remote gets the job done, but I find the channel and volume +/- buttons to be too slim and awkwardly located at the top of the remote. The rest of it is no frills, with menu buttons down the right side and DVD controls grouped together at the bottom. The remote sensitivity was a little weak, though. From straight on--6-9 feet away--the TV had no problem picking up my commands. But when I was at approaching 45 degree angles, the TV had a hard time picking up all of my remote button presses. One minor quibble is the mechanical DVD loading slot. It's not an auto-load mechanism found on most slot loading computers or car CD players. Instead, you have to hit the DVD Open button on the side of the TV and wait to hear the loading motor start up. You then have a couple seconds to gently slide a DVD into the slot. Jamming a disc into the slot without hitting the load button first can damage the DVD player.

The screen itself is unmistakeably of lower end quality. Again, you don't want this as your living room TV, but for a dorm it's honestly still ok. The panel resolution is a WXGA 1366 x 768, and works well with 720p source material, although it'll display 480i (standard def TV), 480p (progressive scan DVD), 1080i (most HDTV), and 1080p (BluRay, video games). For a 32" HDTV, I personally think a 720p panel is fine, especially if you're situated more than 5-6 feet from the display. At that distance and TV size, you're not going to really appreciate a difference between a low-end 720p panel and a low-end 1080p panel. If you are considering a TV bigger than 40 inches then I more strongly recommend a 1080p panel. For the price, the picture quality is acceptable, because hey, you get what you pay for. The contrast is a little weak as the blacks are really just dark grays, and images that have larger areas of black in the picture have some mild white noise that is visible. Colors are a a bit dull. I'd consider myself someone who knows TV panels pretty well so I'm trained to notice all of these picture limitations, but if you are just a regular TV consumer and don't have this unit positioned next to $500 and $1000 TVs to directly compare, I'm guessing you'll think the image is pretty good. One other note--if you're thinking about also doubling the use of this TV as a full-time computer monitor--don't. It works in a dorm room when you want to temporarily hook up a laptop to a larger screen (to watch Hulu for example), but you'll strain your eyes if you're using it as a desktop monitor at a close distance. Additionally, you'll want to set your laptop to 1366 x 768 at 60Hz resolution otherwise things get wonky.

So in summary, I feel like this TV is adequately priced for it's level of performance. It's greatest strength is it's versatility with the built-in DVD player and a nice variety of inputs. It also doubles as an ok computer monitor in a pinch for dormroom TV streaming or to show off vacation pictures to a group. With it's friendly price tag, the Apex LE3212D doesn't disappoint nor exceed my modest expectations. A worthwhile 3-star TV if that's what your budget permits.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
I purchased a 40" only to have multiple issues with it; there is ghost figures/cloudlike images, when the tv goes from a movie to commercial, during the short blackout that takes place. That is not normal after researching it. The volume is not stable on this unit, I can be watching it at volume 12, watching a DVD, next thing I know I have it set to the max and can hardly hear it. It is not compatible with some cable providers remotes. Upon going through the troubleshooting, and finding out it is defective via their customer service, it has to be returned, they have to verify there is an issue. Then you have to wait however long they take to get it either repaired, or replaced. So you'll be without a tv for some time. I also contacted ShopNBC, the seller. They'll send me a return shipping lable, and pick up, but want to charge me again, full price, until they receive this 1, and wait for however long it takes them to get refunded. Absolutely outrageous, especially after having it only 2 days. Please be aware, and beware. Total nonsense, and you get what you pay for. Spend the extra money for the well known brands. Totally disappointing, and truly a huge mistake.
on August 15, 2012
Don't buy Apex TV's. Bought one six months ago and the screen went dark... it started to smoke! Their customer service is absolutely horrible! We've been waiting for a return shipping label to no avail. They don't honor their warranty! The price is low and what you get is absolute junk.
11 comment26 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2014
I bought this TV at a pretty great price. This television had a pretty good picture and very acceptable sound, however it only lasted me ONE MONTH. When I called to make a claim on the warranty, they made me take picture of the problem (there were only vertical lines of color, no picture) to prove it was broken.

When I finally called three different times, they finally agreed that the TV was broken (obviously...). They told me that I had to pack it up and ship it to CA. That would cost me anywhere from $40-60... That's 1/3 of what the damn TV costs! This company makes faulty TVs and then expects me to pay for a warranty that they told me would take two-three weeks to fix???

DO NOT BUY FROM APEX!!
on January 5, 2013
When setting up the system, had to go to their website to access a code to activate the TV' antennea which was strange.
TV works fine after this and picture ok..
The remote is bad though. The buttons you would use the most - Volume and Channel are in a bad spot and are the smallest buttons on the device. To make it worse have tried four universal remotes I had and none will work with this device!
So if the remote ever goes so does the TV. I found codes for this an all the remote control sites but can't find APex web site to ask them.

Have no idea why they would make the channel and volume the smallest button and wedged between the power and number buttons. Wish a universal remote would work........Also note that the remote has to be aimed directly at the sensor - this may be why the universal remotes are not working, may be a defective sensor for the remote. Haven't tried the dvd player yet.

Update. .The dvd player doesn't let the disc in til you hit the eject. Then you will find out the disc is in wrong. Face out. You have to push the disc in reallly hard to get it to go in. Almost thought I was going to break it, but maybe thats their plan.. Last time I purchase an Apex.....

update 11-08-2013 thing went bad - asking for codes from purchase = don't buy this junk = not even a year old...
on March 1, 2013
This product is great . I did not expect such a product for such a price. I would recommend it. One downside though, the base is a bit shaky. Aside from that it is a good value.
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've only been using this TV for the past 2 weeks but so far so good. The picture is clear and bright using a HD cable box wired in using one of the 3 HDMI inputs. I also did try the built-in Digital tuner and an antenna and found it did a good job tuning my local channels, I wanted to test this to add to my review because I know everyone doesn't have cable. The built-in DVD player works okay, it's not Blue-ray. The remote that comes with this TV is on the cheap side, what can one expect from a low price TV anyway. The buttons are small and located in a poorly designed way. They should ask a 6 year old how to design a TV remote and I'll bet it would blow this one away. The TV has a flat stand and also offers threaded docks too mount a wall mount, some cheaper TV's don't offer this. All in all you get A TV that should give you decent service with a ho hum picture rated at 60 MHz, NOT great for fast action. The back light uses LED's, I guess most brands do this now but it does offer a bright picture with good color.
11 comment6 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2014
Broke with regular use and NO abuse within months. Was cheap, but would have been better off spending more on a tv that would last!
on January 28, 2013
remote was no good had to order a new one, tv was fine. and why do i need seven more words