Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on November 27, 2012
You always hear the same combating reviews on here, "they sound great" and then someone says "theses suck" and everyone goes with them.A little about me: I have had many speakers from a 2 channel desktop system to a full sound system with over 1000w rms. i bought this set from a local store for 26$ on sale, and they are great. the two speakers include two 1.5" mid range woofers and a 1" soft dome tweeter in the middle per speaker.The sub woofer illuminates blue when powered on and even tho this system wont shake things off your walls, it has great bass that is strong enough to shake a pop bottle off my desk. the sub woofer has bass, treble and volume controls on the side and the speakers actually get quite loud. Overall this system is great for the money, and does much better than an old Logitech system i once had that cost double the price. Bottom line, get this, you will not be dissapointed.
review image
on June 1, 2013
As a couple of the previous reviews did on this product's review page, I too, bought these speakers at Big Lots, at my local store in Mountain Home, Arkansas for a paltry $26 dollars! As a professional drummer and vocalist, and as a writer and music reviewer for a music industry magazine, I listen to a LOT of music, as you can well imagine. Normally, when listening to new music releases to write my reviews about for the magazine, I will listen to the tracks on my Panasonic 7.1 Surround Sound system. However, occasionally I will need to listen while I work away from the surround system, so I was looking for a smaller speaker system that I could use in conjunction with my laptop.

I bought these Sylvania speakers after searching everywhere online, both here at Amazon and many other sites, like Best Buy and dozens of other 'big box' stores. I had finally decided on these Sylvania 2.1 speakers through my online research before ever seeing them at Big Lots. I was going to purchase them here on Amazon - they had the best price I found online that didn't include a $20 dollar shipping fee. Anyway, when I stumbled across this Sylvania 2.1 system a week ago while taking my mother into town so she could do her shopping, I immediately threw them in the shopping cart!

SCORE!!

When I got them home, unboxed them and connected them to my Dell N5110 R15 i5 laptop, I threw the Led Zeppelin 'Celebration Day' Concert DVD in to assess their performance for the first time. When the music started, I was completely blown away by the crisp highs, the fullness of the bass, and the subwoofer just pounded at my chest from table height! The mid-range on the speakers is clean and well-balanced without EQ, and with just a smidgen of tweaking on the ultra-high frequency ranges (using my computer's EQ to adjust them down a bit to suit my ears), I was extremely satisfied and happy with my purchase. The subwoofer performs fabulously, and even at full volume does not clip or distort. The bass response is very impressive, and the controls for treble, volume, and bass are in easy reach on the side of the subwoofer cabinet that also pleasantly illuminates the speaker in blue light indicating the power is on.

These speakers are no match for power and volume when it comes to comparing them to the speakers on my full-sized home theater and music surround sound system, but they are quite powerful enough to fill my living room with clear, full, bright tones and some beefy bass tones and volume when I need to. I have yet to find another speaker system of similar size at any price to match the performance of these 2.1 speakers without spending a small fortune.

They're reasonably priced at the regular price of $70 in comparison to other speaker systems of similar power and design. However, if you live near a Big Lots in your town, you should throw on your Nikes right now and RUN down to Big Lots and pick yourself up a set of these Sylvania speakers for your computer system, gaming system, or portable media device - iPod, iPad, MP3 player, or Smartphone. They are absolutely better than the price suggests, and worth every penny, even if you were to pay full price here on Amazon.

I hope this review was helpful in your search for the right desktop speaker system. I think they're excellent speakers!
on December 1, 2012
I'm a PC Technician and a product consultant, these speakers are simply AMAZING for the price, I got 'em for $26 at a local shop...... The Bass on the woofer is Awesome!, the sound clarity is amazing, the frequency response is excellent, VERY GOOD Speakers, best ones I've owned for my computer system.. PERIOD!

I almost never write reviews, but Sylvania has forced me to write this!...... Amazing Speakers!.... THANK YOU SYLVANIA!!!!
on February 23, 2013
I also purchased these at Big Lots for $26.00. Unbelievable quality for the price! I added them to my little set up out in the garage (I like to work on cars). They look good and sound even better. They honestly should be priced for a lot more. lol Pick them up today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed...
on April 24, 2013
Big Lots has this great little system for $26! I was lucky enough to be in Big Lots when everything in the store was 20 percent off and I got them for $20! Dont expect a Klipsch Pro-Media, but expect a system that should be priced ATLEAST twice as much. The sub isnt the best, but it gets the job done. The satellites are crystal clear! The best part about this system is the looks. I told my friend to guess how much they cost and he said "$120". They might not sound like $120, but they defiantly look it!
on February 26, 2013
I first bought this on groupon for $40, then I started doing research about it. Turns out that big lots has the same thing for $26!!! So I bought the one at big lots and returned the one I bought on groupon. It works great! I took the bottoms off the stand up speakers and placed them under my 32" tv in my room. They work great as a speaker bar and the bass sounds great as well. Perfect little cinema in my bedroom. Couldn't be better for $26!!!
on May 26, 2013
Like others here I bought these speakers at Big Lots, though they were boxed as Proscan 2.1 PHTIB1044-PL speakers and not as Sylvania, and for $26 I am not disappointed at all with the sound quality from them. I have them hooked up to my computer for gaming and listening to music, I used headphones exclusively before but I moved to a place where I don't have to be as quiet as a mouse anymore, and the blue lighted ring on the subwoofer matches my gaming rig and makes my music & games sound great as well. Thought I was buying a bargain price sound system, but they definitely do not sound like your typical bargain price speakers!
on December 17, 2014
Speakers were defective, returned to seller. We purchased the same speakers from another seller and will say thay are Great for rich bass sound...Total sound quality 5 stras,,,well worth the price.....
on December 24, 2012
This speaker system is worth the price. We found it at Big Lots for $26. We were amazed by the sound. The speakers perform like a system that would be more expensive. What a deal.
on April 10, 2013
The satellites for this system have good dispersion characteristics and would sound a whole lot better if they could be teamed up with a decent subwoofer. I have heard music on these where a particular instrument in the recording sounded like it was all around me, which is pretty amazing for the price of $26.00! However, the dealbreaker downside of this system is the little cube cannot be played very loudly at all before you hear pretty bad distortion. So, if you can tolerate that weakness and you can get this at the close-out store price I mentioned, it's a okay deal but you wouldn't wanna pay more than that as much better systems can be had for under 40 bucks. My true rating would be 2.5 stars but rounded off to 3 for the sound of the satellites. Personally, I have ordered the Altec Lansing system to replace this.