Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meet the House Guest
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 15, 2014
This series is something I never watched when it was still aired. I bought 3 seasons just to be sure I'd get one specific episode. I'm glad that I did buy them because they've brought hours of enjoyment for my family. My grandparents absolutely love Tyler Perry's awesome foolishness. I'm buying them all!
on August 4, 2013
FIRST I WANT TO SAY MY REVIEW IS NOT ABOUT THE SHOW, IT IS GREAT AND FUNNY. BUT THE PRODUCT THAT THEY ARE SELLING SAYS THAT IT IS THE COMPLET FIFTH SEASON AND THAT IS A LIE AND A RIPOFF . SOMEONE TOOK THE FIRST 100 EPISODES AND MADE 5 SEASONS OUT OF THAT. ONCE AGAIN THAT IS A LIE. AMAZON YOU SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THAT. BUT I GUESS SINCE I AM KEEPING IT THEY WON. NEXT TIME I SWEAR I AM GOING TO NOT GET RIPOFF AGAIN.
on December 16, 2013
You must see my review on " Tyler Perry's House of Payne complete series 1-8 ". (copy and paste title in Amazon's search box).
I spilled my heart out writing that review of Tyler Perry shows, movies and plays. There are people who don't understand how this television show, Meet The Browns and all Tyler Perry productions, mimics a very funny, people of Color television show, from the 50's. Back then, organizations fought to get it off the air because of stereo typing, yet today we seem to have revive that genre and loving it.
on August 30, 2014
Loved It. I really like Brown's character. He's horrible ;-> He's the highlight of the show. I wish there were more than seven seasons. It may have to do with the station. Other than cable stations - seems like more people watch NBC ABC and CBS more.
on January 10, 2013
I couldn't wait to see what funny antics Mr. Brown would get into each week, it's a shame that this show was cancelled. With the stuff that is on television these days, it was great to tune in and get laughs from Mr. Brown, family, and friends. Glad that amazon made it possible to relive these funny moments.
on July 23, 2016
I like to think of House of Payne and Meet the Browns as being Tyler Perry's best work, when he was actually talented and catered to his black audience. Before he thought he'd be masterful in a halfhearted attempt to create boring, slow, corny, God awful soap operas (The Haves & Have Nots, If Loving You Is Wrong) and sitcoms (Love Thy Neighbor, For Better or Worse). Now he's just doing too much in my opinion and I feel he should stick to his Madea films and his plays. Those are his strengths, television not so much (and with his new TLC soap opera Too Close to Home I'm sure it'll flop after four or five seasons). But that's neither here or there. Moving on....

Both seasons 5 and 6 of Meet the Browns were my favorite seasons and it was because they had an all-black cast (the addition of Terri J. Vaughn as Renee and her antics with Mr. Brown were the reason why I bought only this season and season 6), the dialogue was hilarious, the chemistry between all of the actors were definitely there (I thought Lamman Rucker and Denise Boutte were married in real life), and the changes in the settings (much of the last two seasons took place in the school and hospital). I was so sad to see this show go and wish Tyler would use that thing he calls a brain and brings it back! Anyway, you'll enjoy reliving the hospitality and hilariousness of the Browns and the poignant moments in the show. It was worth every cent I paid to purchase it!
on May 5, 2016
I purchased this product in February 2016. Granted I haven't had time to watch the DVD till now. This has to be worst purchase I have made. This dvd pauses and skip the whole time. Plus it pauses thru out the whole episodes. Worst purchase yet..
on December 3, 2013
I'm a big fan of laughter and Meet the Browns makes my day every time. You gotta get it. It is the best ever.
on April 4, 2014
Despite all the criticism this show recieved for being "ignorant"... I truly must say I enjoy watching these whole seasons! Mr. Brown is hilarious. Yes the humor is over the top, yes his outfits are out of this world but I think everything just fits. Love the cast! The casting for this show was excellent. Not the greatest actors or actresses but once again, it just works!
on May 9, 2014
I purchased the entire season for my husband and myself because we have never seen the show on television. We watched Season 1 and if the others are anything like Season 1, we are in for smiles, belly laughter, and thigh hitting enjoyment!!!!!!!!!! We love the works of Tyler Perry, have all of his plays/movies and now we are staring with his TV shows.