Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on February 11, 2013
Aug 1st I started a weigh less journey and that means exercise. I had started running and found a great set of shoes for that, but then the weather turned cold and had to start working out indoors. I started the Insanity workout first using my running shoes and my feet were paying the price. At the time I was over 200# and I knew I would hurt some, but this was different and did not changed as I dropped over 30#s. I did a search and was hit by 1000s of links and reviews, but none were geared toward my needs and the questions I needed answered. A friend told me about this brand of shoe and I researched it. Their gear is for woman only. So that was a start. Read some reviews, the price was right so I committed to a pair. I am usually a size 8 (US) and printed out their size chart which told me the same. THEY DO RUN SMALL. I had to go to an 8.5 On the 8 my toes were right at the top of the shoe and a little snug I feel much better in the 8.5. I could not wait to try them out. My first work out was different. It was a different feeling on my foot because I was getting the support I needed so it felt odd, but I was not having the pain and I noticed my balance was even better. As I continued to work out with the I could feel a huge difference in that my legs were not fatiguing as much and my shins were not burning as much. I also noticed that even tho I knew my feet were sweating they were not HOT. Which is huge for me. Hot feet will stop me in my tracks. I highly recommend these shoes for intense cardio training that Insanity workouts bring. I do work out on carpet and they have not slowed me down at all. If you are a woman looking for a supportive shoe give these a try. I will wear these until the soles are no longer and get another pair.
11 comment140 of 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
I bought two pairs of RYKA cross trainers. Of the two, these are fantastic! I originally thought these would only work for running, but they actually work for everything I do. I do kickboxing, step aerobics, P90X, weight training, bootcamps, running outdoors, and eliptical machines, these shoes help my flat fat feet during all of them.

The shoes have good flexibility that conforms to your feet, while offering support. I bought new shoes because my old ones were causing knee issues, these shoes quickly reversed that problem, so I have no knee pain... at all!

I STRONGLY recommend these shoes. They are perfectly made.
22 comments97 of 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2013
First things first: HOLY CATS, THESE SHOES ARE SO FLIPPIN' COMFORTABLE.

Phew! Now that that's off my chest, allow me to elaborate on why I am so enthusiastic: Athletic shoes and I tend not to get along. My feet are wide across the ball and middle of my foot and I have a somewhat low arch, which makes them hard to fit (I have literally ordered no less than nine pairs of athletic shoes in the past two months trying to find the right pair). And even when I find shoes that fit all right, there is always a blister-heavy break-in period. Enter these Ryka Exertions. I am still in shock as to how perfectly they fit my feet right out of the box. Not only is the arch lower and the toe box wider than every other cross trainer I've tried, but they're also feather-light, breathable, flexible, and have great impact absorption. The first day I had them I used them for an Insanity workout and it was the first time my knees, hips, arches, and/or lower back didn't hurt like a mother during or after. I also had much better lateral stability than I'm used to: they were excellent for side-to-side lunges/hops/etc. and for balancing during stretches. I definitely plan to order another pair -- I never want to work out without these things again!

Now that I have finished gushing, I do have a note on sizing: I am usually a 9.5W, but based on reviews here I decided to order both a 9.5W and 10W and see how they fit. As it turned out, the reviewers were right: these babies to tend to run small, because the 9.5W smooshed my toes and were too tight across. However, as you read above, the 10W's were perfect.
22 comments68 of 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
Fit true to size. I bought them for Zumba class because they have smoother soles. Still plenty of traction when you need it though. Great shoe.
22 comments42 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
I like these shoes for doing Zumba. They have really good support, and you are able to move from side to side. They are really good when you jump, pivot, and do all the dance steps. I would highly recommend these shoes for any Zumba class.
11 comment73 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
I bought these shoes for Jazzercise. They are great!!! True to fit and VERY comfortable. I am going to but another pair in a different color.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
I've worn these for several classes now and they are awesome for twists and turns. They didn't take any time to break in and fit true to size. Awesome shoes!
on December 28, 2012
Perfect for indoor dance, stylish, breath well, true to size did cause blisters when I used them for outdoor zumba on a grass surface but ideal for wooden floors, very happy with purchase will buy again.
0Comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
These are awesome sneakers. They are so cute and fit like a glove. I use them for aerobics and I leave with no pin in my feet, ankles or my knees!! Fabulous!! Fit is true to size.
on April 8, 2014
I was seduced by the low low price on these and thought they had to be at least somewhat better then my severely flattened and well worn cross trainers for Zumba. How do I hate these shoes....let me count the ways.

First off, the laces are the worst shoelaces in the entire universe. I'm not kidding, going to any neighborhood dollar store would garner laces 10 fold in superiority. I've seen toy packaging with stronger string used to hold dolls in place.

These are cut so very very weird. They're marked 8 1/2 which I usually am in athletic shoes since many moons ago in high school. These bad boys felt a full size larger and have a gigantic gap around the ankle. HUGE, when I walk they puff out like the gaping maw of some type of fish found in Alaska...which is sort of what they resemble. The silver and purple look vaguely orthopedic in person but that could be partially do the fact that I could fit a second foot in the gap around the ankle alone.

I can't lace them any tighter then they are and the eyelets don't go nearly high enough. Sure they spin in Zumba...but my ankle keeps slipping out of them and after wearing them a couple times, I had really bad toe pain and a sore arch (I have normal arches and my feet are pretty much very normal width with just a hint of bunion from running).

I know I'm expecting a lot with what I paid for them, but I really hope these are fakes because I can't believe a company would actually make shoes this bad.