Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on June 12, 2013
I am a new runner and quite overweight. I usually start running then stop due to feet pain, but I realized recently that the shoes I had been using so far were good looking shoes but I never knew to consider arches or pronation of my foot in my selection.

So I did my due diligence and realized the shoes to get are Mizonu, Asics, New Balance or Saucony for companies that make serious running shoes.

On going to the shop an intelligent sales person saw my feet and suggested to get Asics and I tried about 5 shoes. Hmmm, good but quite stiff. I did feel my feet were a little suffocated but I guess good runners like that. I am not generalizing but I think the gel takes a bit of time before giving more comfort.

I did not try the other 3 brands as the moment I wore Saucony Hurricane 15 I knew I will be getting it. I however did try the triumph 10 and guide 6 and loved the triumph 10 but with the Hurricane 15 i just felt I have more support which I need as a super heavy runner but if the running continues my next one will be the triumph one.

I like the look of the shoes and I wish they help me in my quest for loosing some weight.
11 comment12 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
I am a Saucony runner; I have tried Asics and Nike and don't care for them. I have tried on Brooks and Mizuno, etc, and just prefer Saucony. If you run in Saucony then you like them, if you're trying them for the first time then you MUST TRY ON THE SHOES. Don't buy shoes without trying the new brand on! That being said, these are great long-distance shoes! I use these if I'm running for about 4+ miles at a time. I am attempting to transition from a heel-toe runner to running on the balls of my feet so I also bought the Saucony Men's Mirage 3 Running Shoe at the same time (you can see that review as well; 5-stars as well). These are good for longer distances for me because I can still run mostly heel-toe but after 5 or 6 miles I need to slow it down and run the old heel-toe method to give my calves a break. There is a good amount of padding in the heel and the toe and that does add a bit of weight, but nothing overt. These shoes are designed to be stabilization shoes. They are very rigid and stiff with not a lot of bend in them. This is not a draw back, but if you need this then these shoes are perfect. My feet pronate a little bit and ankles hurt after a while. These shoes do a great job of keeping my knees over my ankles and don't allow them to roll, at the same time as providing a great cloud-like cushion for my feet. Truth be told, go to their website so you can read how all their shoes are designed to perform, then come back to Amazon for the price! ;)
on September 30, 2013
I was looking for a shoe with pronation control and less heel to toe drop. This one has only 8 mm drop compared to 12 mm which is more common, so it's on the path towards more 'natural' running. It has more cushioning in the heel and forefoot than other shoes.

My only issue so far is that the toe box is a little narrow compared to other shoes. I never buy wide shoes, but in this case I might have considered it if I could try them on.

An alternative to look at is the Saucony Omni 12, which has just slightly more drop (1/2 mm difference), less heel cushioning, a slightly less pronation control, more stiffness, and a slightly different shape. It's a Runners World editor's pick. I decided between those two by running in them a bit in a store and choosing which felt more natural. In my case it was the Hurricane.
on November 13, 2013
I have a been a loyal Asics Kayano runner for many years; but, with the reduction of cushioning in the newer kayanos (19 and 20), I was forced to look elsewhere. While I still prefer my Asics Kayano 18s - for me, that is the perfect shoe - the Saucony Hurricane is a close second. There is plenty of cushioning, and shoe feels faster than the Kayano. The toebox in the Kayanos (at least the 18) is roomier, but after a 10 miler, I did not experience any toe problems or any problems in the forefoot. I am still reserving my overall judgment- I've only put a few miles on these shoes. Note: when in a running store I tried on size 11.5, because that was all they had. They felt so small that I ultimately ordered size 12.5, thinking that would be what I would need, even though I wear 12s in everything else. Bad decision: I sent the 12.5s back and ordered size 12s. For me, the Saucony Hurricane run true to size. I am giving this product 5 stars for now, but will adjust my rating if I experience any problems in the future.
on September 22, 2014
The Saucony Hurricane 15 is hands down the best running shoe I've ever worn. I am prone to shin splints in anything but Saucony shoes, but ran a half marathon each week for 6 weeks in Hurricane 15s with no problems (training 40-45-mile weeks). I retired them after about 800 running miles (only because of the distance, they still feel great!), and moved up to the Hurricane 16; After about 200 miles, I think I can now say the 16 is a decent shoe, but it just doesn't feel as good as the 15. The 16 still has great support, but it feels heavier and slower to me, and my legs don't feel quite the same after a run. I'm not sure what they did but the 16 feels to me like a different shoe than the 15. I know I'm not the only user who feels this way either. I'm going to grab a few more pairs of 15s before they disappear from the market, and hope the 17 is an improvement. Saucony, if you read reviews, please go back to the 15!!!!
on September 10, 2014
I have owned many pairs of shoes in my lifetime. Most recently I had the Asics Kaya no 18. These shoes leave them for dead with regards to comfort and support (in my humble little opinion). The most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. I even tried the latest Hurricanes before I bought these ones but chose these for pure comfort. I have never walked on clouds but this has got to be what it feels like!
on April 11, 2014
Purchased these in June of 2013 for the extra forefoot cushioning and perceived quality after stress fracturing my hip running. I was also battling some Achilles tendonitis. These shoes, and a pair of Saucony hurricane 14s carried me though training for a successful Marathon (under 4 hours) in December of 2013. After running 500 miles in these shoes my Achilles is better and I have no more hip problems. I'm a guy, 5'8", weigh 155, over pronate slightly, do not heel strike, and run mostly on roads with significant camber and lots of hills. The soles have held up very well but started to show heavy wear in particular problem areas of each foot at about 400 miles. The soles on a pair of brooks adrenalines were horrendous after the same number of miles. The Mesh uppers of the saucony 15s are just now starting to wear out (my pinky toe is wearing a hole through one shoe). The cushioning is still in pretty good shape though I'm now retiring them for the road since my knees are starting to hurt indicating break down in my opinion (a newer pair feels much better). The shoes will now be used for trails and the treadmill. The shoes had about 350-400 miles on them when I ran the marathon and they felt good the whole way though I did come away with some nasty blisters. All of the seems (sewed and glued) are still in tact, the shoes still fit snug without any slop and the lower is still fairly rigid. In all, I think the cushioning has held up as expected and the soles and uppers have held up better than expected. It may not be the best shoe for you but has worked great for my feet and running style. - Just bought another pair.
on November 9, 2013
I've had history of arthritis from years of road marches while in the army. So, I'm picky when I have to get running shoes. I used to be Asics guy. Back in January I tried out different running shoes at a local store, asking for the Asics ones first. But man, they don't feel the same--the Asics Kayano felt stiff. Sales lady introduces me to the Saucony Hurricane 15, tried it on their treadmill and felt great. I've been running with Hurricane 15 since. My first pair, a silver and red one, is still good although the tear is now noticeable and that's why I purchased another pair here in Amazon (I know the brand, style and exact sizing--I wasn't worried about getting the wrong shoes online). I ordered the black one this time. I received in 2 days. I tried it out last night and felt great! I'm sticking with this running shoes for now unless they screw up the formula like they did for the Asics Kayano.
on February 4, 2014
After 7+ years with ASICS and then they screwed up the GT-21xx series with the new 2000 and 2000 2 shoes, a change was necessary. I've always loved Saucony too but never really used them for running. So I decided to try the Hurricane (with the Glide and Stabil as alternates). The Saucony fits almost the same as the GT-2170 with the toe box feeling slightly narrower but not enough to mark it as feeling smaller. I'd call it snug vice perfect. Moving up a half size would probably make the shoe too big. I was concerned about the 8mm drop but it turns out I had no issues with it. As a marathon runner, subtle changes can make a big difference. So far, so good. I've put about 20 miles on these so far and I really like them. I'll run my 49th marathon (48 previous in the ASICS GT series) in a couple of weeks and update the review then.
on October 23, 2013
This was my first pair of running shoes where I bought to suit for my flat feet. I've had running shoes in the past where running for a week or so and my feet would hurt. Not this, I've been running for 3 months now and my feet don't feel any pain. I really like this pair. I wish I had bought more shoes like this in the past. This was super comfortable and haven't had any issues with it. Its definitely stylish. I like the black and orange color. It looks good. Highly recommend it!