Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on May 23, 2013
I just got this the other day and made my first cup of espresso, I thought the espresso was weak,
I tried to froth milk and it didn't really froth it just heat it up. I reread the directions and
looked at various websites to see if I was missing something and then tried again same result.
I put the exact amount of ground espresso, I used Illy, and it was still weak. The frother still
did not froth the milk. I will try one more time then it is going back to the store. I had a
inexpensive Krups steam espresso maker that is like 20 years old and frothed the milk great,
okay espresso but better than what this more expensive machine is making.
on February 24, 2014
I've been using this for six months now with Lucaffe ESE pods. The espresso comes out dark and thick with a good crema. The temperature gauge is a nice touch and it's better than just a light. The drip tray is made out of metal. You remember metal, right? It's what your lunchbox was made out of!

Today, it stopped pumping and I was all set to open up the gates of hell, like others who have had the pumps die. Then I ran a dezcal citric acid solution through it and voila (or however you say "voila" in Italian) it started working again. The water inlet holes were plugged. I'm wondering if that's all it was for those other folks.
on January 11, 2013
I love Coffee and super fan of retro machines!! I am in love with the retro look and the price it is fair. True about the handle is a little tough but works better for me with the pods and less messy, and what it really got me it's the froths up the milk for the cappuccinos and lattes in seconds. I have tried other espresso machines before my opinion is this Café Retro has a good power for good espressos and nice cream. Really Happy with it ....
on December 29, 2012
I purchased this product about 2 weeks ago. I had originally intended on using my own ground espresso as I had been doing; but after using the machine a bit, I was much happier with the level of effort and quality from the E.S.E. pods. I found it very difficult to get the correct amount of grounds packed, without making it nearly impossible to lock in place. I don't think this is an issue with the machine, but rather a learning curve involved. Like the title says; i'm pleased, not ecstatic about this machine. I'm using the Espressione brand pods which are less than $0.50/ea in bulk.
on January 11, 2013
Got this for our office and it works perfect. The red one looks great on the bar and as far as making espressos it is easy to use. So no technical knowledge was needed. At first I had to question it's quality, when we got the machine I didn't know that it has to be primed, once it was primed though it is a great performer, brews espressos consistently, operation is quiet and it doesn't leak like the one I had before, and the amount of steam it shoots out is amazing - froths up the milk for the cappuccinos in seconds. Not sure if you had to watch the starbucks folks do the frothing, this machine although small performs much better than most of their bigger ones. Love the front panel with the gauge, lights and switches, and the side knob controls the amount of steam it shoots out.
I'm not a fan of ground coffee and personally prefer the coffee pods, this is another reason why I like this machine, it works with either but I personally use the pods as they make less mess. Been using the machine for several months and have not had any issues. Based on the price, performance and it's looks I would recommend it. It may not work well if used in high traffic, but for home or small office like ours it's perfect, and it doesn't take up a lot of room. Even though I thought it had issues at first because of lack of knowledge that the thing needs to be primed, but once done it's been a great quality performer. A friend has red and black setup in the kitchen, and most likely will be getting one too.
on September 22, 2013
I am on my third machine in less than 3 months. The pump has gone out on the last two . One lasted 90 days and the next one lasted a week. I would not recommend
on December 16, 2012
This attractive machine has a red ABS plastic body, a temperature dial, a solid turn knob, and toggle switches which give it an impression of quality. It also has easily removable trays for effortless maintenance. Unfortunately, I could not make it produce decent crema in any espresso shot. I compared it side-by-side to a $70 Crofton machine (Aldi-brand) of noticeably cheaper construction, which had no problems producing good espresso shots (with plenty of crema) with the same brand of freshly-ground beans (dark roast/espresso-grind). We really wanted to like this machine, but will be returning it.
on April 4, 2016
this espresso maker looks really cool. but made very cheap. i felt like i paid 200 for a kid's espresso machine! the espresso that came out of it wasnt tasty at all. i went back to nespresso!
on December 10, 2012
This is awful, don't buy this thing. You have to be He-Man/She-Ra in order to even get either holder into the seat and even then I haven't yet been able to fully lock the holder in (fortunately this hasn't cause accidents). At some point I'll probably break this piece of crap from frustration or just trying to lock the stupid holder into place.

And yes, I used ESE pods.

(eye roll)