Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Color: White|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 10, 2012
BUYER BEWARE:

I purchased a pair of Beats Wireless Headphones on 2/16/2012 from the San Francisco Apple Store, upon recommendation from one of their sales associates. See, I've had trouble in the past with wired models as inevitably one of the speakers would cease to work due to a short. As the Beats Wireless Headphones do not feature a prominent cord and, due to the Apple Representative's recommendation, I took the plunge. Additionally, I was assured by the Apple Rep that the headphones had a year long warranty with the manufacturer. The headphones cost roughly $300 once tax was added in, FYI. Expensive for sure but with such a high cost comes a reasonable expectation of quality workmanship and quality materials. Since purchasing the headphones, I have used them primarily on my commute to and from work at Stanford University with the main action of putting the headphones onto my head via the following: pull Beats headphones out of protective carrying case, unfold the headphones, place them onto my head. On 8/4/2012, I went to put the Beats on and as I was lowering them onto my head, the top portion of the headband snapped at a point where screws are placed on the unit (located on the underside of the unit's plastic headband). I was and am shocked that they broke from such a simple action. I immediately contacted Beats Customer Service to complain and seek repair. I described the situation to their agent and she told me to send them in. That Monday, I went to the post office and sent my unit along with all original materials, including original packaging, back to Beats for repair on my own dollar. They received my headphones on Wednesday, 8/8/2012. This morning, 8/10/2012, I have an email from Beats stating that repair and/or replacement has been declined on my order (#367599). The stated reason that the company provided me was as follows: Damage Beyond Reasonable Use. Once seeing this email, I called Beats Customer Service once again only to be told that such damage is considered, again, "damage beyond reasonable use." The representative I dealt with inferred that this type of damage is never repaired and I'm left wondering why they requested me to send them in for repair in the first place. I fully explained the damage to the first Beats representative I spoke to when it was initially damaged and never once did she give me the impression that my headphones would not be fixed or replaced. I am extremely disappointed with their lack of support or care for their customers. I've not had the headphones for even a full year and they are broken after general use. I'm surprised to hear that placing the headphones on and off of my head is considered "beyond reasonable use." I am shocked that they would not even offer to replace just the plastic portion that broke. As a result, I AM ALERTING ALL OF MY FRIENDS, FAMILY AND COWORKERS TO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. Additionally, I'm leaving this comment on this website/forum so that others may be aware. For a product that has a current list price of $279, they really are not worth the price. I now have a $300 paperweight and am left with an extremely NEGATIVE experience. I wonder, is Dr. Dre aware that the company that features his name produces such shoddy headphones and has such poor customer service?
4949 comments| 1,386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2013
So, I've had my beats wireless (white) for over a year now, (September 2012) and over that year i have sold a good amount (I work at Best Buy as a computer,tablets,phone and mp3/headphone sales associate) as well as learned some pretty important information on all 'Beats' devices as a whole. And i would like to give my two cents on these headphones. Good info for holidays/Gifts...

Pros:
* Aesthetics cant be beat, I mean that's the point as to why your kid or you directly want them more than likely, right?
* Sound Quality -- for close to 300 dollars they had better sound decent right?
* Heavy on Bass -- This is a personal preference, plenty of people would dislike them, but depends on genre of music
* Charge Time -- I don't know why people are complaining of the charge time held, I've gone days without charging mine.
* Wireless Compatibility (Essentially every smartphone, tablet, or computers (with a Bluetooth adapter or built in, it will work with)
* Range -- I literally, in over a year have used the cords once, while i was charging the battery, so i can say the range is really good, depending on the things in between the device and the headphones can reduce range, but that's Bluetooth for you.
* Packaging -- Really nicely done, this is a small thing, but i feel like 300 dollar Bose packaging looks cheap, but meh... I'm a bit OCD.

Cons:
* BUILD QUALITY -- This is the biggest thing i point out to people looking to buy these, just because they are 280 dollar headphones, they are still plastic headbands. A quick Google search of "Beats Headband snap" will show they do have a weak point right above the metal band above the bending point. In fact, that is were mine broke after a small drop about 3~4 feet off a chair on concrete.
* Beat's Protection Plan -- Or Lack there of -- Beats essentially after they are sold, will not touch the headphones, if the infamous headband snap happens, it is seen as a accidental thing that they will not cover, even though it has been known to happen putting it on normally.
* Sound Quality -- let me explain because i know its in the pros as well -- Although they sound really good, the studios will sound better, as well as the pros and executive beats. The reason is why it is in both is that yes, they sound good but they are not the best sounding pair in the beats line. Nor will these be as crisp or clear as a pair of Bose headphones, and some other competitors - These aren't meant to be studio headphones.

* Okay, so i know i said i work for Best Buy, but this is coming from a person who broke a pair. I would honestly recommend not getting these via the internet, many retailers will over protection plans. I got the protection plan at Best Buy for i think 35.00 for 2 years (renewable), mine broke, took them in got a new pair. My manager has broken 3 pairs himself. Many people who buy via the internet will be out the 280 dollars. So that is just something i would recommend honestly. Overall -- i love mine, i know they're not the BEST on the market, but i like the looks as well as the Bluetooth compatibility, Not having cables is a huge benefit. I even got my brother a pair and he uses his everyday as well.

If you have questions feel free to ask, i have worked at Best Buy for about a year and a half, it is my job to know about these things and how they stack up against each other.
1515 comments| 298 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
My son had a pair that lasted 4 months before snapping at one of the seams. Search on Youtube and you'll will see this is a common occurrence. Sent them in assuming the warranty would cover normal use and it did not. We are left with a $300 pair of broken headphones with no way to get them repaired. I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins and their customer service and warranty cover is top notch. Beats are poorly manufactured and the company does not stand behind it's product.
66 comments| 566 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
Buyer Beware! This headphone is overpriced and poorly made. After a few months of minimal indoor use, the product broke while I was simply putting it onto my head. Why? Because the headband is made of cheap, thin, brittle plastic and two small metal pieces are screwed to the plastic at the length adjuster, causing additional and unnecessary bending stress. In my opinion, this is an inexcusable design flaw. A previous reviewer posted photos of the problem on the product page, but Monster/Beats By Dre had them removed. A quick Google search for "snapped headband beats by dre" should turn up other photos of the problem.
review image review image review image
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
Bought this these Beats wireless for my son this past Christmas 2011. Today (less than 3 months later) he went to put them on and the Beats snapped in half. For the amount of money that was spent of these, one would think they would hold up better.
0Comment| 316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
I liked them for the first two months. Then they failed to turn on. I returned them. When i did the girl at the counter said that she always warns people about buying beats because she sees this a lot.
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
I purchased these headphones for my husband's birthday. I had read reviews about these headphones breaking and had some trepidation, but ultimately decided that my husband only uses headphones at work and we don't have kids around to break them so we'd be okay. Not so much. My husband had these headphones for 21 days before the band snapped. If you're curious it is snapped in the same place as other reviewers who had posted pictures with this item's description. It is so disappointing to spend $300 on headphones that have zero durability. It is surprising that the manufacturer did not correct this issue prior to releasing these.

I absolutely could not recommend these to anyone.
22 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
Bought it for $304, the sound quality was good - nothing special but then my two years old nephew tried to wear it and the arched overhead plastic broke.(see photo attached) Now my nephew is not that strong - when I called the manufacture customer service I've been told that any damage that is not related to the speakers is not under the warranty, really? even if your product is so badly constructed and manufactured that a two years old can break it? if you give a warranty only for the speakers you should sell only the speakers. One star!!
review image review image
11 comment| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
Frankly, I wish I could give ZERO stars based on my very negative experience with this product.

I had them for four months and they snapped right at the beginning of the plastic band. I called Beats Warranty, was told to send pictures, find out that their warranty only covers the speakers. So like others here, I have broken headphones that don't work and won't be replaced. On top of that, the customer service is rude and dismissive. I expected more from Monster and Dre. I'll just stick with the plug in earphones from Apple.
33 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2013
After buying the product through J&R Music - who also didn't offer any alternative solution, only the formal communication that their warranty is just for 30 days (beware from whom you buy them in the future if not fulfilled by Amazon)- I had the same problem that many other customers had described in their review: you put the Beats on and the top portion of the headband snaps at a point where screws are placed on the unit (located on the underside of the unit's plastic headband). Such a daily, necessary action! Well, that action is considered "damage beyond reasonable use" by the manufacturer, and they will not be fixed or replaced.

Only had them for 8 months! They really are not worth the price, they are poorly made and the company deliberately avoids fulfilling its legal obligation to remove them from the market as defectives. I have spoken with Customer Service at Amazon and they told me they are considering not selling these headphones any more due to continued customer dissatisfaction and lack of response from the vendor (J&R) and the manufacturer (Dr Dre).
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse