Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 24, 2015
Writing this review on my way back from a hiking trip in which I first wore them. Received them right before I went on a backpacking trip through several different national parks. Started in the Grand Canyon doing light hiking, then two days later I was in Zion, hiking The Narrows (extremely narrow canyon hiking through a river for 10 miles) and they ran into trouble quickly. During a break I took them off and noticed that where the ankle straps on the outside of the foot the thick material that holds it had broken apart, and now only the straps were holding it together. I wish I could be more specific as to what I am talking about (see photo). This was on both sandals. Also, the edges were becoming scuffed and frayed easily compared to the chacos that my friends wore. I continued to wear them for another week through Zion, arches, and the Rockies as they were the only shoes I had. They are very comfortable and I wish I could keep this pair for the memories, but I'll have to try and send them back for a replacement pair. Let's see how the customer support is.

UPDATE One Year Later
I updated this from a two star review to a four star. When I got back from the trip, I started the process for returning the sandals and getting a replacement pair. Amazon is amazing at putting the customer first and in two days I had a new pair at my door before I even had sent my old ones back.
This new pair has been just as comfortable as the first, and have held up well thus far. I have done some light hiking in them in northern Alabama/southern Tennessee, but they have mostly been for everyday use. I am heading out to Yosemite in a few weeks and may hike a little in them, but I believe this time they will be used primarily around camp when I want to get out of my boots for a while. Overall a good sandal that I really enjoy wearing anytime possible.
review image review image
on December 23, 2012
OK, I am abashed. I wrote two 5-star reviews of Chaco's sandals in the last couple of years and now I am back to Teva's. So why? First the sizing. Chaco's US9 is slightly small for me and US10 is slightly big. I made do with US9. Was quite happy in fact, until my bone spur returned--out of the blue. Nothing special happened. Just went for a walk and the pain in the heel was so severe I could barely walk for a couple of days. So bad that I remembered Teva's 'shocpad'. I never thought it was just a gimmick but I never paid it much attention either. Now I decided to pull out my old Dozers--not really sandals, but my favorite Teva's up to now. Lo, I could walk again. Still some pain, but I could walk. I immediately decided to get real Teva's (i.e. sandals) again. On the Teva website, there were these new Lite sandals. They looked and sounded good. I ordered by first pair from Teva (not Amazon). They are good. If you are NOT overweight, they will be the best Teva's you ever wore. They ARE light (lite)--seriously light. But strong enough if you are not too heavy. On sizing, although a Chaco 9.5 would probably be perfect (if they produced such a thing), I had always worn US10.5 Teva's. Always worried I would stub my toe, wanted to see the sandal out in front of the foot. With considerable trepidation, I followed the Teva sizing chart (on the website) and ordered US9.5. It is exactly my size, and I now realize that most of the problems I had with Teva involved my oversizing of the sandals. The 'spider rubber' sole continues to be the best on wet surfaces. The Lite is very flexible--great for a supinator. The sole is NOT the best on north Texas clay. That clay will clog Teva's very quickly. Well, small price to pay for protection for the nerve ganglia at the bottom of the heel. These sandals are adjustable at 3 points (like all Teva sandals). You should adjust them at ALL 3 points and insure that your heel is in the right spot and that ankle and toe straps are not too tight. And do not oversize. Just follow the Teva chart. I bought my second pair from Amazon, and I now rotate them for my daily 1.5 hour walks. Kudos to Teva for an outstanding sandal.
on December 30, 2013
My boyfriend has worn the Terra Fi for years and was disappointed when we went to buy a new pair and this was all we could find. I took the risk and bought him a pair in his usual Teva size for Christmas and after a couple weeks of wear he says they are even better than the originals.

Similar to Original Terra Fi:
Fit is the same
Aesthetic is the almost identical
Comfort is no different
Tread is equally deep/similar traction

Different than the Original Terra Fi:
Lower profile (the bottom sole is not as thick but appears to be a sturdier material)
Lighter weight overall, but the canvas on the straps is just as thick and the quality seems the same
on May 16, 2013
Received my order today and I am loving these even more than my first pair!

I bought these to replace a pair of Torins (6584) which I have worn all year long (rain, snow, you name it) for the past 5 years. I didn't think anything could beat them, I was wrong. These are 100 times better than what has been my favorite shoe of all time.

My Torins were comfortable, the Terra Fi Lite are like wearing clouds!

The heel shock pad is great, and the padded straps are excellent.

Teva really out did themselves with these! Here's to, hopefully, another 5+ years in my favorite shoes.
on May 13, 2014
I was a Teva sandal wearer for years. My first pair lasted for exactly ten years. My second pair, similar to the Terra Fi, but an early 2000's model, fell apart before the two year mark. Both of these models were the most comfortable shoe I had ever worn. Period. However, frustrated by the poor quality of that latter pair and moving towards close-toed designs, I opted for a pair of Chacos.
The Chacos were well made and an interesting design... in fact they were so well made they just haven't quit. I did notice the Chacos seemed increasingly to be pinching my footbed and I had gotten to the point where I just wanted a new pair of sandals and was moving back in favor of an open-toe design.
Circa 2014 I found the Terra Fi Lite's here on Amazon and the reviews were excellent. I could sense from the photography that these sandals were a very similar design to the last pair of Teva's I had had and the Terra Fi's looked very comfortable. I ordered them.
Well, let me tell you, this is an excellent sandal right out of the box. I picked up the neutral black color. The webbing features a deep, dark dye, and the black goes with any outfit. The nylon webbing on these sandals is thick and supportive. My size 11 fit is perfect. I wear an 11 in boots, sneakers, and these Teva's feel like a custom fit. Quality is excellent. The tread is aggressive and even this morning, out in a campsite, I was moving gear in and out of my truck and this sandals anchored my feet right into the soft mineral soil.
The biggest deal however is the cushioning. As I have aged my feet have become very sensitive and I have a lot of problems with shoe comfort and might even be suffering the effects of an early-onset osteoarthritis on the footbed. In the course of my day I often carry a heavy backpack around +/- 15 pounds, and these Teva's support the weight of my pack and with each step I feel the cushioning effect on my footbed and it even feels like the cushioning radiates up into my knees! The cooling effect of the open toe is very appreciated in the triple digit heat where I live and work.

Now, I have had these sandals for only about a week so I have no idea where the long-term quality is on these things. Will wait and see and update on Amazon if there are any problems. Hopefully that last pair of Teva's I had was an anomaly.

My recommendation presently is... If you have foot issues, want an open-toed sandal, that is comfortable, supportive, looks good and breathes in the hot weather, you will not be disappointed with the Terra Fi's.
on June 23, 2014
For some reason Teva messed with the heel strap. They cut the webbing and bridged it with thicker padding than previous sandals. These modifications have created a protrusion that rubs on the medial side of the heel. I barely made it through a two mile walk without getting a blister. It was good and uncomfortable by the time I made it home. I'm planning on sewing the straps from my old sandals onto the new soles.

Note that these sandals are cut large. Teva is not consistent with sizing so try them on before you buy.
on May 18, 2014
Being cheap I looked at the lower priced Tevas narrowing it to the Hurricane and the
Terra Fi Lite.

The Terra Fi Lite's option to adjust the rear heel strap which allows precise fore and aft positioning of your foot which the Hurricane doesn't have clinched it for me.

My feet are comparatively flat so the arch support was initially a bit irritating but after just a little breaking in these sandals are as close to perfect as one could expect, and based on my previous experience with Tevas I'm confident they'll last a long, long time.

I wear 11s in regular shoes but for this model size 10 is just right.
on December 31, 2015
Light, stable, adjustable and a good fit. I bought these specifically as my alternate camp shoe and to get my feet out of my hiking boots as soon as possible, conditions permitting. Also, I like to take a break on the trail when the terrain permits to slip these on for a few miles and let my toes breath for a while. The traction/tread is phenomenal and coupled with the three point quick adjustments I can quickly tighten or loosen any part I need to fit the trail be it flat land, uphill or down hill with little to no slippage of my foot in the sandal, I affectionately call them my "Jeeps on Feets".
I particularly wear my "Smartwool, Hiking Ultra Light Mini Sock" with these when it's a bit too chilly for bare feet but I still want the comfort of sandals.
on February 12, 2015
These Tevas are okay for irregular use. I wore mine for one straight week while I was in Barbados in January of 2015 and that is too much for these sandals. Mine wear on the knuckles of my big toes on both feet and created sores at the same spot on both of my feet.
on July 31, 2015
I have been comparing these Teva's against Chaco sandals for about a month before deciding on these, mainly because they are half the price.

I ordered a size 10.5, which has been my shoe size for a decade without issue. When they arrived, they were way too small. There is a lip on the back end of the sandal and at first I was stepping on that lip which was uncomfortable. I pushed my foot all the way forward in the sandal and tightened the back strap first to keep my foot forward and off that lip. This worked better, but left my toes hanging over the front by a little bit, enough to painfully kick a rock or stump if I wore these hiking as I had originally planned.

There are three straps to adjust the sandal. The back and top straps are fine, but the one that goes over the toes is horrible. I could get the back and top straps snug, but the one over the toes always remained fairly loose. If I tightened it enough to make it snug, it would squeeze down uncomfortably on my pinky toe. No happy medium.

I did try these on with hiking socks and it seemed to resolve the issues I was having with the front strap and made the sandals pretty comfortable. I could see them being nice with socks if I replaced them with a half size up, but I don't plan on always wearing them with socks.

The quality of the sandal seemed to be pretty good. The top foam is very soft and might get torn up over time, but the tread is great and sturdy.

I will be returning these and trying out the Chaco's next.