Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 22, 2013
I have been an avid Amazon shopper for many years, but this is the first product I am writing a review for, because of how impressed I am with the shoe. First off, I have had fairly extensive knee problems for many years, and have had eleven surgeries, gone through hours of physical therapy for these and for ITB syndrome, etc. To some degree the fact that I continue to be a runner is maybe a bit hard-nosed and stubborn, but I love it too much to think about giving it up. I've tried various shoes (about 12 different pairs of runners in the past three years alone), various knee braces/apparatus/sleeves, and varied running environments from rubber track to road to trail. I've always been an Asics guy, but have also tried New Balance, Adidas, Brooks and Nike. I've always tried to find a shoe with extra cushion, thinking it would absorb impact rather than distributing it to my knees. This is my first Mizuno product, which I decided to try after my Uncle recommended the brand to me based on his love for the Wave Riders; I was a bit leary, having tried multiple shoe brands, and decided on these Wave Creations based on his, and other reviews. This shoe does NOT offer my heel that super cushiony feel yet gives me the support I need to run pain-free, even days after my runs. I've begun to think that, like my sleep number bed, which I inflate to a more firm setting when I have back pain, that perhaps my thinking with shoes has been wrong all along, and that the more firm shoe is actually offering me more support in a similar manner. If you're like me, and have been continually frustrated with knee/ITB difficulties, consider this shoe; it may not be for everyone but it's done wonders for me. I have a high arch and am an under pronator; I am 5'11" and at the time of this writing weigh an even 200 lbs. I recommend purchasing this shoe in a 1/2 size larger than your regular sneaks, but then I recommend the same for any running shoe as it had been advised to me by a professional several years ago and I've always stuck with that.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
I have had two workouts on treadmill and these are the best shoes I have used so far. I cannot say how they will be outside but very solid and seem well made.
on February 21, 2013
Overall is a very good shoe , well made , good grip but i feel it heavy. is good for long training becousa has a lot of suport.
i recomend this shoes for runners over 180lbs .
on November 15, 2013
Im a large guy - 250lbs - that runs about 10-12miles per week and hits the treadmill for cross training about the same number of miles. These shoes are very comfortable, light, and supportive. I did have an issue with a blister initially on my heel, but it wasnt severe enough to limit my exercise. These fit exactly as expected for my normal size and I would highly recommend these to any runner, especially those larger ones like myself.
on August 21, 2013
These run small. I normally wear a 10.5 or 11 in most shoes. In running shoes, normally a 11 or 11.5. I had to order a 12 (after returning the 11.5). They fit decent now, however the heel cup is a bit narrow and gave me a blister. Manufacturing quality is decent...I've seen much worse in Saucony lately. These still seem to be way overpriced for what you get, but it's the going rate I guess.
on March 10, 2013
I switched from Addidas to Mizuno about 8 years ago and absolutely love 'em. THis is my first pair of 14s - just finished a marathon and they felt great.
on September 21, 2014
This is my third pair of mizuno wave creations in the past 2 years. This model 14 is missing something. The lower is the same as the 13 but the upper ripped me up pretty good. Blister city. Strained Achilles. I now have a $100 pair of grass cutting shoes
on January 7, 2014
This is my first pair of Mizunos and I'm pretty impressed. I got tired of paying huge sums of money for another name brand, air something, that didn't last. I'm 6'2 and about 250lbs and these shoes support my weight very nicely and feel very comfortable during my runs. I'm not crazy about the colors but, oh well.
on August 14, 2014
Based on the reviews I decided to switch from the Nike Air Pegasus I have been running in for seems like twenty years. I have ran 70 marathons and hundreds of other races since 81. I weigh in at 145 pounds and after two days wearing these my shin splints are killing me. They are the stiffist shoes I have ever worn. I am not a novice at running and with a marathon pr of 2:29 I know what not to do, and wearing these again is not it. The reviews said big guys like them, I wish I did too.
on April 6, 2014
I bought the Wave Creation 12s after visiting a running store and having them analyze my gait and how much pressure I put on each foot. I was recommended the 12s for the cushioning and most importantly my high arch. I had never had Mizuno shoes before that dat. Fast forward to now and I bought the 14s hoping for the same arch support and cushioning. After putting several miles on these shoes, I am not loving them. My arch does not have the support it needs and this causes my feet to hurt while running.

The shoes have a nice look and still maintain the wideness that the 12s had. I don't recommend these shoes for people with high arches. I will be going back and ordering a couple pairs of the 12s for safekeeping.